LPVO vs Holographic featuring some X95 Builds

LPVO or Holographic?

• LPVO

Votes: 99 49.5%
  • Holograpic

Votes: 101 50.5%

• Total voters
Vortex spitfire 5X seems to be the best one for me.

And not sure what people mean by not very accurate, because I hit 3 inch groupings at 300. Pretty impressive for a bullpup imo.

I'm with you on this. I have no problem with this gun and shooting amazing groups. The twist in the barrel does like heavier grain bullets which I have noticed. But I am very pleased with the accuracy of them

3" groups, at 300 (meters or yards?) with M855...ammo not know for accuracy? In a gun not known for GREAT accuracy... hmmmnmmmm

Seems like you just don't know how to shoot, so you try to call out others and blame equipment rather then improve your skills.

Lucky for you, I'd be happy to teach you. Oshawa Gun Club every Thursday morning 10am. It's $50 to enter the club as a guest, and I charge 300 for the training session. Bring your own x95 and ammo. I'll teach you how to shoot so you don't have to cry on public forums.

Last edited:
Seems like you just don't know how to shoot, so you try to call out others and blame equipment rather then improve your skills.

Lucky for you, I'd be happy to teach you. Oshawa Gun Club every Thursday morning 10am. It's $50 to enter the club as a guest, and I charge 300 for the training session. Bring your own x95 and ammo. I'll teach you how to shoot so you don't have to cry on public forums.

Lmaooo...okay <3

I have an X95 and love it. I put about 300 rounds through it a month.

I have also seen them rigged up in a mechanical rest/firing system with match grade ammo of all types and they are NOT getting 3" groups at 300...again is it 300 yards or meters, most skilled shooters state the correct distance they shoot at.

Did you get one group of 3 rounds to do this once or?

Last edited:

Oh n/m I got it...that 300...it is 300 feet isn't it?! Great shooting Tex!!! You are beating the given MOA of M855 by at least half!!!

I was looking for a budget friendly prism style optic to mount on my X95, so I found a PA SLX 3X genlll with a ACSS 5x56 QCB recticle on sale so decided to give it a try. Have to say I am very pleased so far.

712F30E4-16FF-474C-A74C-508D580594DD.jpeg
Going to try this on mine, best of both worlds excellent price, 850$ for the complete kit!!

Attachments

• 712F30E4-16FF-474C-A74C-508D580594DD.jpeg
    712F30E4-16FF-474C-A74C-508D580594DD.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 409
What about a Pinty's scope from amazon... they dont just make chicken wings for female curling teams anymore it seemsScreenshot_20221101-110931_Brave.jpg

pretty sure this thing has a walkman too

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221101-110931_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20221101-110931_Brave.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 383
Holographic, I find the X95 is not accurate enough to warrant an LPVO

That is going to upset a lot of people who have an X95!, the weight can be an issue with LPVO, especially when you add the weight of the rings. I have a leupold VX-R Patrol which weighs 12 ozs with an aero precision ultralight 30mm scope mount which weighs 3.2 ozs where as my eotech 512 weighs 10.9 ozs

Last edited:
I’m a south paw, which is one reason among many I like the X95.

I like the idea of LPVO but prefer not having to worry about eye relief and rail space with a red dot.

I went with an Eotech, paired with a Vortex Micro 3X. Having used the 3x magnification, I would recommend 5x instead and plan to upgrade my magnifier to an Eotech 5x.

This set up also allows me access to the iron sights, however garbage they may be.

**Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**

**Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**

I run a Trijicon 1-8X LPVO on mine and love it.

Definitely not the lightest setup as the scope isn't known to be particularly lightweight and the mount (no idea what it is as it came with the optic) is kinda chunky but the whole setup just "feels" right when handling it.

I dont / have never had an issue with cheek weld or similar and the mount doesn't seem particularly high (not compared to some of the pictures on this thread at least - they seem very high but each to their own). I have tens of thousands of rounds through mine and it is probably my go to semi.

Question: For those that run high mounts isn't height over bore an issue with the close stuff (ie up close 3 gun type stuff)?

Regarding the weight I never notice it with that setup however I always did on other guns (ie SL8 etc), I think the bullpup design with the bulk of the weight at the rear just feels better for me.

Back
Top Bottom