LPVO vs Holographic featuring some X95 Builds

LPVO or Holographic?

• LPVO

Votes: 99 49.5%
  • Holograpic

Votes: 101 50.5%

• Total voters
I put together some interesting X95 packages.

Curious what CGN prefers? LPVO or Holographic?

The LPVO package has the excellent Athlon Midas 1-6 in top with a great Timney trigger pack inside.

I leaned a bit more into the "pulse rifle" vibes with the full length Manticore overwatch rail to offer the same "cheek to optic" height of the AR15. Topped the build off with a Vortex UH-1, FAB angled grip and a Timney trigger on the inside.

iwi-x95-5-56-sa-18-6-472mm-dm-black-w-timney-trigger-athlon-midas-btr-1-6x24-atsr4

Last edited:
I couldn't get a good cheek weld with my lpvo on my x95. So I had to go with a aimpoint and flip magnifiers

I run a 3x prism on mine. I get the best of both worlds that way. I also got a 45° offset red dot, but it's way too bulky. Been looking at the flip magnifiers, but I'd like to try em' before I buy em'.

Just built my X95 and had a hard time choosing between an lpvo and a red dot.
Ended up going the rugged and lightweight route and mounted a Holosun AEMS,
Streamlight flashlight with pressure pad, and gave it a rattle can job lol.
Does well up to 300m on a torso size target without a magnifier.

Last edited:
Depends how far you plan to shoot. I have a used a 1-6 to get out to 600 yards but the weight is less than ideal. Red dots are definitely more suited for a balanced package. I hope to see a higher quality alternative to the PA micro 3x prism in the future. That sounds like the sweet spot. Also helps to go 1.92" to 2.2" optic mount height as the comb is nearly identical height with the optic rail. Helps to keep a more natural head position for shooting.

Eotech exps2 with g33 magnifier over a manticore arms overwatch rail
I've ran a vortex UH-1 in the past and that was great too.
Tried LVPO but not a fan on bullpumps personally.

I will take the red dot/holoraphic every single time on the X95 and if I really need to add a magnifier. The weight of the LPVO set up does not make sense to me on the X95. I'm not touching anything out to 300+ and see zero need to have a LPVO.

Also ACOG+RMR/RDS is still king on this type of build.

Both for different purposes but I've found LPVO to be more versatile, I use holographic when I want light and tight ... and relatively close. I found a good prism scope to be a sweet spot - if only I could find a reticle and scope quality / weight I like in prism. V:I:

I will take the red dot/holoraphic every single time on the X95 and if I really need to add a magnifier. The weight of the LPVO set up does not make sense to me on the X95. I'm not touching anything out to 300+ and see zero need to have a LPVO.

Yep, ACOG on a Unity FAST COG series mount with FAST offset optic base for the RMR. Free floating the barrel with a Manticore Arms Optimus forend makes for some fairly easy shots out to 500yds

Depends how far you plan to shoot. I have a used a 1-6 to get out to 600 yards but the weight is less than ideal. Red dots are definitely more suited for a balanced package. I hope to see a higher quality alternative to the PA micro 3x prism in the future. That sounds like the sweet spot. Also helps to go 1.92" to 2.2" optic mount height as the comb is nearly identical height with the optic rail. Helps to keep a more natural head position for shooting.
2 or 3x PA prism all the way
I tried a LPVO and just couldn’t get a good cheekweld even with super high rings.
Switched to a prism scope and love it
Both for different purposes but I've found LPVO to be more versatile, I use holographic when I want light and tight ... and relatively close. I found a good prism scope to be a sweet spot - if only I could find a reticle and scope quality / weight I like in prism. V:I:
Yep, ACOG on a Unity FAST COG series mount with FAST offset optic base for the RMR. Free floating the barrel with a Manticore Arms Optimus forend makes for some fairly easy shots out to 500yds

Ah, I see you're men of culture as well! You have discovered the secret 3rd option!

RQnrhyF.jpg

Last edited:
Although I do not have an X95 I use a LPVO 1x6 on my SL8. On my other black rifle I use a 3x PA micro prism due to my astigmatism. Both options are great but I use each of them for different purposes.

I would have to go LPVO, even with corrected astigmatism holo sights and red dots are just blurry smudges. I don't know if I'd be able to get a solid cheek weld though, it looks like it might be a bit low.

Back
Top Bottom