Thread: Could you import this ammo? Bulgarian 7.62x39 non-corrosive

I dunno where I am but I know where you can stick it

Could you import this ammo? Bulgarian 7.62x39 non-corrosive

Hello,

Do you think you could import this ammo? h ttps://globalordnance.com/ammunition/centerfire-rifle-ammunition/7-62x39mm/

Sanction free (probably lower risk of sanctions compared to Chinese ammo), non-corrosive, and a desperate market makes for an opportunity for a speculative business.

Thanks,
    P.
    Lois can't stop me from experiencing the manic highs and lows my body demands.
    Kerosene is fuel, Brian. Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull.

The prices in USD are not so attractive. Some ammo (brass case) is PPU/Igman ammo from Bosnia and Herzegovina. Most likely the same quality as PPU. The steel case is from Bulgaria. But USD399.99 for 1000 Bulgarian is not such a great deal. Interestingly, what would be the price for a direct importation from the Bulgarian producer, if possible?
    Last edited by 05RAV; 11-07-2022 at 12:57 PM.
    NFA CCFR CSSA
    CPC PC Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by 05RAV View Post
    The prices in USD are not so attractive. Interestingly, what would be the price for a direct importation from the producer, if possible? It's PPU/Igman ammo from Bosnia and Herzegovina. Most likely the same quality as PPU.
    Obviously we have no idea what the importation cost would be, because we are not in a position in the industry to find out--that's for North Sylva. PSA often has this ammo for $6.99/box, which I appreciate as a cost around $11/box in Canada. Given that I'm sure this stuff is actually non-corrosive, unlike a lot of the Norinco Red Box, I'm fine with paying a buck or so more than the Norinco stuff (which is only $10/box on sale). This ammo also provides a new source for ammo that will not be sanctioned/run out. Surplus is vulnerable to both issues.

PPU is, for the main line, produced in Serbia. This stuff, if it's even associated with PPU, is Bulgarian...Arsenal is the listed producer for the GOA ammo (which is what I am specifically hoping for). Either way, I really like PPU so I wouldn't be upset if we got more of that in as well.
    Last edited by p.Rundle; 11-07-2022 at 01:13 PM.

I would be interested in some brass cased reloadable stuff. They are showing IGMAN 840 rounds for $462US which is not bad. I have always wondered how the US has a much larger selection of ammunition yet has more sanctions and bills in place against other countries than we do.
    Id Rather Be Judged By 12 Than Carried By 6

Quote Originally Posted by mmcintyre1220 View Post
    I would be interested in some brass cased reloadable stuff. They are showing IGMAN 840 rounds for $462US which is not bad. I have always wondered how the US has a much larger selection of ammunition yet has more sanctions and bills in place against other countries than we do.
    Having the largest firearms buying pool in the world helps them get anything and everything they could ever need. But I agree, we should be taking notes and figuring out how to have the diverse options here that they offer there. I for one would like to see PPU x39 PSP come back, although I wonder if PPU is focusing on production for Ukraine in this moment.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I bought a bunch of igman .303 brit a few years back. They were a gunshow purchase of 10 boxes of 180gr SP , so suitable for hunting or so they claimed.
    They were decent for accuracy on paper but when it came to killing a deer sized animal, it's like the bullet just exploded. Never seen so much meat shock and gellified blood in the layers between fat and muscle. That deer required a follow up shot as the bullet performance on the first shot (maybe 40 yards), however catastrophic the wound was, did not kill it as it should have. My theory is the bullet hit rib bone on the way in and just came apart with no exit wound but did damage the lungs enough that the deer would have died eventually.
    I like quick clean kills so igman is off my list. Won't ever buy that ammo brand again.

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    I bought a bunch of igman .303 brit a few years back. They were a gunshow purchase of 10 boxes of 180gr SP , so suitable for hunting or so they claimed.
    They were decent for accuracy on paper but when it came to killing a deer sized animal, it's like the bullet just exploded. Never seen so much meat shock and gellified blood in the layers between fat and muscle. That deer required a follow up shot as the bullet performance on the first shot (maybe 40 yards), however catastrophic the wound was, did not kill it as it should have. My theory is the bullet hit rib bone on the way in and just came apart with no exit wound but did damage the lungs enough that the deer would have died eventually.
    I like quick clean kills so igman is off my list. Won't ever buy that ammo brand again.
    But it went bang and made a hole in the target and .303 is essentially unavailable right now aside from a box here and a box there. So perhaps it's not the best close range hunting ammo, and that is very good to know. But it would be another option that would allow people with .303's to shoot.

I'm not saying this ammo is the king of kings, if you get what I'm saying. I just want ammo that goes bang and costs less than $34/box for non-corrosive 7.62x39. I didn't even know they made .303 but that's awesome and it would be great if NS could bring it in. More options are always better than fewer.

But for plinkers...?