which Maverick 88 can shoot shotshell and slug?

bondylee

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sometimes I feel confused. I prefer buy maverick 88, I wonder which one can shoot both shotshell and slug?

Thanks.

If you shoot regular "rifled" slugs, you can shoot those and birdshot out of any smoothbore barrel from full choke to cylinder bore. IF the birdshot is steel and not lead, do not use a full choke. Steel cant deform to fit a choked (constricted) barrel like lead, so a modified choke is considered minimum for shooting steel. (Lots of full choked shotguns can shoot steel, but there is no way to know until you shoot. Damage may occur so better safe with lead shot and slugs.
If you buy a maverick, it most likely comes with a modified choke installed as the only choke included, so you will be good to go. (Remove it and check first!)

If you shoot regular "rifled" slugs, you can shoot those and birdshot out of any smoothbore barrel from full choke to cylinder bore. IF the birdshot is steel and not lead, do not use a full choke. Steel cant deform to fit a choked (constricted) barrel like lead, so a modified choke is considered minimum for shooting steel. (Lots of full choked shotguns can shoot steel, but there is no way to know until you shoot. Damage may occur so better safe with lead shot and slugs.
If you buy a maverick, it most likely comes with a modified choke installed as the only choke included, so you will be good to go. (Remove it and check first!)

thanks for your reply, understood.

The Maverick 88 comes with a modified choke. The Maverick 88 Security comes with a fixed cylinder choke.

I got what I want. Maverick 88 slug model, cylinder bore. it meet my expectation. It can shoot both slug and buckshot.

It has no chock. It can fire whatever you load into it. Slug or shot unless it was modified. I have one that wasn’t modified. I put slug, buck, bird through it.

I use it as bushgun when I stay in the boones by myself. Like it. Not a hunting shotgun but good to have handy. Never had an issue with mine. I fired mine a lot too actually. I keep it around beause its a lunch party every other night where I stay. I’ve carried it around the bush for maybe 2 years now. It certainly can take the beating.

Last edited:
Its more of an LE or home defence or personal protection kind of shotgun though. With a slug from mine out 50m I aim about 6 inches high. Its not that that good. My friend’s under and over CZ is dead on target from that distance-point and click.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom