Mags not working with TNA WK180C upper receiver

CA47

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

sorry if this was already brought up, but I couldn't find any mention of it.

I have a problem with most mags not seating correctly after I changed out my WK180C's upper receiver for the TNA one with the handy dust cover. I have tried it with the Lynx 180B lower receiver as well as with the original installed. Both just won't let any mags other than the Cross Ind. Pistol Magazines. IS there a fix for this? Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks
CA47

Just to be clear, I love both True North Arms and Spectre Ballistics. Not trying to slag anyone's products here, just trying to get this combo to work. The TNA upper with the Lynx lower makes a really sweet combo for the WK180C. So, if anybody knows what the issue is here, I would be so very grateful.

Haven’t had any issues running pmags. Lynx lower and tna upper.

What exactly is the issue? Loaded mag on a closed bolt can be an issue depending how/where your mags are
Pinned.

Haven’t had any issues running pmags. Lynx lower and tna upper.

What exactly is the issue? Loaded mag on a closed bolt can be an issue depending how/where your mags are
Pinned.

The mags (original M16 ones as well as pmags) just won't stay locked into the mag well. They just pop out with a mild shake of the gun. If I load in a mag with the BCG held back, the mag will pop out when I release the BCG forward. The same thing happens if I load in the first round manually and resecure the mag. The mag will pop out on the return of the BCG forward.

Could TNA and/or Spectre weigh in on this? They are both great companies and must have seen this before and know a fix for it.

The mags (original M16 ones as well as pmags) just won't stay locked into the mag well. They just pop out with a mild shake of the gun. If I load in a mag with the BCG held back, the mag will pop out when I release the BCG forward. The same thing happens if I load in the first round manually and resecure the mag. The mag will pop out on the return of the BCG forward.

Could TNA and/or Spectre weigh in on this? They are both great companies and must have seen this before and know a fix for it.

That is actually a feature, auto eject...

Sounds similar to a magazine retention issue in the Jard J180, messaged the Crover to see if he ever fixed his.

Sounds like a crappy magazine catch/release, or it isn't screwed in tight enough.

Sounds like a crappy magazine catch/release, or it isn't screwed in tight enough.

indeed,

sounds like the mag catch isn't grabbing the mag properly
they can be removed from the gun and filed a tiny bit narrower till they fit
we're talking like 0.005" to start

sometimes there are minor tolerance stacking issues when combining numerious parts
imagine the mag is in spec but on the tighter side
the bolt catch is the same as well as the slot position in the lower
each part individually is good but as an assembly they don't work

Back
Top Bottom