Page 29 of 66 FirstFirst ... 91921222324252627282930313233343536373949 ... LastLast

Thread: FOC creditcard fraud?

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Be careful the dip####s will accuse you of slander.

I hope every person defending FOC slips on ice and bonks their head.
    They can accuse all they want. Canada has had Anti Slapp laws since 2015 that protect consumers freedom of expression when posting honest reviews about businesses.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.ct.../1_5625089.amp .html

Not looking good for them at this point.
    https://i.imgur.com/I5DuAK5.png

CGN Regular
    I messaged them yesterday inquiring about a shotgun and this was their response to my query. I’d still be very leery of buying I found it elsewhere for cheaper so that’s where I’m going for it anyway.

Dec 1, 2022, 15:41 EST

Hi there I was looking at one of the Canuck Defender 12 gauges online. However I recently was made aware you guys may have had a data breach and don’t want to get involved with any of that. Any chance you could let me know if the issue has been resolved or not. I’d like to get it ordered before Christmas if I could. Any info you could give would be helpful. Thanks
    Scott

Alf (FOC Inc)
    Dec 1, 2022, 17:03 EST

Hi Scott,

Yes, the issue has been resolved. It appears our credit card module at the time had some malware on it, but we've switched to a third party credit card capture system provided by Moneris now.
    I love the sound that a law makes when I break it!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Farris Bueller View Post
    I messaged them yesterday inquiring about a shotgun and this was their response to my query. I’d still be very leery of buying I found it elsewhere for cheaper so that’s where I’m going for it anyway.

Dec 1, 2022, 15:41 EST

Hi there I was looking at one of the Canuck Defender 12 gauges online. However I recently was made aware you guys may have had a data breach and don’t want to get involved with any of that. Any chance you could let me know if the issue has been resolved or not. I’d like to get it ordered before Christmas if I could. Any info you could give would be helpful. Thanks
    Scott

Alf (FOC Inc)
    Dec 1, 2022, 17:03 EST

Hi Scott,

Yes, the issue has been resolved. It appears our credit card module at the time had some malware on it, but we've switched to a third party credit card capture system provided by Moneris now.
    Ok - so with this in mind, why are people still saying it is still going on then???

Quote Originally Posted by Armourall View Post
    Ok - so with this in mind, why are people still saying it is still going on then???
    Happend to me yesterday....

There is no fraud with out a fairytale.

Holy cr@p. I purchased from FOC in August and had my card compromised in September. The card was newish and not used very often so I was trying to figure out where someone could have gotten hold of both my card info, and my name and cell #. I had assumed my card info had been lifted in a retail location. Like someone else upthread, the scammers accessed phone banking, transferred thousands onto my credit card and then ran the card for multiple large purchases. I saw it immediately and called the bank (who were terrible btw) and they cancelled the card. In the meantime, the bank for some reason allowed those fraudulent transactions to settle (at least that’s what they are telling me). I have some knowledge of CC back end fulfilment and merchant accounts, so I have no idea why the bank would not just chargeback these obvious fraudulent transactions. It has been over two months and the bank is slow rolling and my fear is that they will not reimburse me because I ‘shared’ a one time password when the scammers called. Like the earlier poster, they called me already in possession of my personal info, sent the one time password email which I could see came from the bank, and I gave them the one time password, exactly as always happens when the bank calls. Of course, they were calling me and the bank same time and pretending to be me. Pretty smart.

I’m so disgusted with FOC. There’s no reason or excuse to have a flaky, vulnerable e-commerce backend and there are multiple vendors that allow sellers to completely outsource processing to a trusted PCI compliant vendor, like Moneris. On top of that, they apparently knew of the breach for some considerable time before that statement they issued, which I only happened to stumble across here. They still haven’t directly notified me that my data was compromised and for that reason, they are negligent and culpable. Agree with others here that FOC should be booted as a sponsor and, frankly, should be out of business.

While CNG is a large community, we should do a PSA and leave a poor review outlining our displeasure with FOC. We should make our voice heard via reviews on google. They handled this very poorly and have remained silent on the matter far too long. A good retailer would at least have been more transparent about it and even offer compensation for those affected (i.e. credit monitoring services).

FOC google link

How to leave a review screenshot
    Last edited by Onizuka; 12-02-2022 at 03:08 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Well for one thing, I don’t believe them. For another, if the scammers do have your information they might not use it right away, it might be weeks or months down the road.

$11,000 in fraudulent charges. Never had an issue til I made a purchase from FOC. NEVER AGAIN.