Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: FOC creditcard fraud?

Super GunNutz
    Purchased stuff from foc at the end of October, and my CC was used 3 times the other day for apple store stuff totaling $350.. weird coincidence
    All items are sold AS IS. Condition is described to the best of my abilities. Shipping with generally be mondays, tuesdays, thursdays, or saturdays.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by glockguy-187 View Post
    Purchased stuff from foc at the end of October, and my CC was used 3 times the other day for apple store stuff totaling $350.. weird coincidence
    Be glad it was only $350, I wonder how they figure out what to charge on each card? How would they know one card has more room and to charge more money?

Apple store, jewelry store and camera store…
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance on any EE sale unless explicitly stated otherwise in the ad or agreed upon as part of the deal.

All posts made by me are my opinion, and you must do your own research

Mine was Airlines, Pay Pal and UK Govt - over 2k

TBH the CC company should have blocked the transactions; they're obviously fraudulent based on the account history

I tried to make a purchase from Tenda last week. After going through the whole process and hitting the "Place Order" button, the sale never went through as the transaction got immediately flagged by my CC company (Canadian Tire Financial) as fraudulent. Three days later i got a call from a scammer trying to get my CC information claiming that there had been several fraudulent charges made against my card. I hung up and called CTC financial but nothing was actually happening.

I doubt it is the business fault as scammers and fraudsters have a thousand ways to get into systems and they find a new one every day.

Post Script: that charge flag probably ended up to be a good thing as I was purchasing a "better buy it now before they outlaw them" Chinese SKS and the last thing I (or my bank account) really needed was another money pit or work project.
    An hour late is still on time for people who aren’t coming

Given years of firearms related purchase and cc has been defrauded multiple time, I now have started to use a a strategy called “firearm exclusive credit card”.
    It is a card that is dedicated to be used for online or in person purchase for firearms and firearms only, nowhere else at all. It’s locked to the last minute before the transaction is conducted and locked again as soon as the transaction is completed.
    Peace of mind.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++
    _/﹋\_
    (҂`_´)
    <,︻╦╤─ ҉ - -
    _/﹋\_
    +++++++++++++++++++++++

Quote Originally Posted by JQIAN View Post
    Given years of firearms related purchase and cc has been defrauded multiple time, I now have started to use a a strategy called “firearm exclusive credit card”.
    It is a card that is dedicated to be used for online or in person purchase for firearms and firearms only, nowhere else at all. It’s locked to the last minute before the transaction is conducted and locked again as soon as the transaction is completed.
    Peace of mind.
    It is a good idea. I used to have a card like that for all online purchases. Had a max of $2500 limit. Credit card transactions got more secure, and fraud coverage better, and they kept upping the credit limit no matter what i asked so dropped the habit of using that card. I suppose i should get back into that.
    Last edited by Gindryden; 11-15-2022 at 10:06 AM.
    An hour late is still on time for people who aren’t coming

CGN Regular
    The FOC online store is compromised. If they had a good sense they would shut it down. Who knows what else the hackers got away with.

This topic has spilled into pretty much all online canadian gun forums and websites.

Until they fix their ####, don't buy from them unless you want your information stolen.

My credit card was also compromised this summer. There were online purchases from FOC a few weeks before.

Shucks, made my first purchase from them recently, guess I'll place my CC on lock

Quote Originally Posted by JQIAN View Post
    Peace of mind.
    This is the way. In 15 years of credit card usage I’ve never had my card compromised until purchasing firearms/firearms parts online. Twice in 3 months. Even the fraud department was like you never see it this close. Mine was compromised this time shortly after a purchase from Italian Sporting Goods, just very recently, but I also purchased from a bunch of other retailers like Siwash, FOC, Tenda, Elwood etc.