Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: FOC creditcard fraud?

CGN Regular
    On my second replacement credit card in like 2-3 months after going on a handgun buying spree pre ban.

Looks like I know why it keeps getting stolen now.

Quote Originally Posted by limengyu2005 View Post
    Seems no any reaction or words from FOC yet.
    If this is only now being brought to their attention, I anticipate an incident investigation and a report.
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcosdad View Post
    I've always hated online CC purchases with smaller retailers so now pick the EMT option for the gun buying.
    Personally, given how my credit card issuers have dealt with fraud when my cards have been compromised, I’d still take the risk of that happening and have the protections and benefits of a credit card (ie chargeback) than pay by EMT and have no recourse if the retailer screws around like some have been known to do.

Thanks for the heads up

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by .30/06 FTW View Post
    Personally, given how my credit card issuers have dealt with fraud when my cards have been compromised, I’d still take the risk of that happening and have the protections and benefits of a credit card (ie chargeback) than pay by EMT and have no recourse if the retailer screws around like some have been known to do.

Depending on your card, the company and your history with the company, you have no guarantee at protection against fraud. Ask me how I know… they always find a way to wiggle out of responsibility.
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance on any EE sale unless explicitly stated otherwise in the ad or agreed upon as part of the deal.

All posts made by me are my opinion, and you must do your own research

Quote Originally Posted by Bulriver View Post
    Purchased a TT-33 from FOC with a dedicated on line only card just before the freeze.

Multiple $1 charges from the US and one from Immigration Canada.

Master Card caught it right away and replaced the card

Sounds a little fishy!

Maybe trudy socks has his minions working on this?

What a great way for Liberals to poison the firearms industry yet even further.

The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Purchased from FOC in March. Shortly after I was charged 7K for foreign tuition.

I'm not out any money but it was a pain.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FortHunter View Post
    Shucks, made my first purchase from them recently, guess I'll place my CC on lock
    I recently bought a scope from FOC (A couple of weeks ago).

I recently got a notification saying that "ecreditcanada" or something of the sort had charged .28 cents to my card.

Quick google search discovered that small charges like that are used by scammers to verify that the card is "good".

I called my CC company and by the time I got through to them, several other charges had been attempted (but were denied by the CC company). Moncton UPS, an e-commerce site, travel vouchers....all within approx 20 minutes.

That card hadnt been used for over a year. My guess - FOC has some security issues.

I bought a rifle over a year ago from FOC. Month after I got an alert from credit card company regarding a home depot charge which is out of my province. As unusual transaction, CC company blocked the authorization and replaced my card with a new number.

The same experience at September.The third day after place an order on FOC website.Someone paid a language test fee using my card.Then best buy,Apple.