Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: FOC creditcard fraud?

Add me to the list. Bought from FOC and had a $8500 attempt at Gucci. Bank blocked it and is sending me a new card

I also have recent FOC purchases and have been hit across 2 CCs. Ticketmaster, Uber Eats etc.
    CCFR

"There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein

Are all these frauds from online purchases, any instore with card?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Depending on your card, the company and your history with the company, you have no guarantee at protection against fraud. Ask me how I know… they always find a way to wiggle out of responsibility.
    Well as I said my card issuers that I’ve dealt with fraud with have handled it excellently. I’d trust them over some of the gun retailers in this country.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gindryden View Post
    It is a good idea. I used to have a card like that for all online purchases. Had a max of $2500 limit. Credit card transactions got more secure, and fraud coverage better, and they kept upping the credit limit no matter what i asked so dropped the habit of using that card. I suppose i should get back into that.
    Iirc they can't up your limit automatically anymore. They can tell you they want to up your limit but you have to approve it.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Regular
    I attempted to buy something with the CC. Luckily it didn't go through because I had still had stuff owing. My card still potentially at risk?

CGN Regular
    Mid September FOC order, charges started mid October, got new card beginninglast week, can't say it's them, but 6 pages of people getting cards compromised, makes you wonder.

Business Member Firearms Outlet Canada's Avatar
    SECURITY UPDATE

In October of 2022, we were informed by VISA that there was a security issue on our website resulting in the fraudulent use of credit cards that affected up to 200 clients spanning a four-month period prior. We recognize the severity of this breach and respect your critical right to privacy and confidence in using our platform. Immediate and urgent actions taken have been successful in rectifying this.

A thorough PCI investigation was outsourced to a security firm who conducted a full audit on our website, the scope of which scrutinized our website’s firewall, coding, and remote access and activity logs. The findings revealed a vulnerability in our payment module that had been exploited to allow malware to record credit card information during Checkout.

We want to assure you that, as of 07 Nov, the vulnerability has been patched, and our online security has been upgraded. We have hired a dedicated company that will provide their firewall services to us ongoing, which includes 24/7 monitoring and alerting of potential malicious web activity, and to continually ensure that we are PCI-compliant.

We have been assured that the focus of the malware attack had been on credit card information specifically, and that no other critical personal data points had been targeted.

During this ordeal, many of you have reached out to us and provided personal experiences and information that have aided greatly in achieving resolution. Your collective willingness to offer support despite the exigent circumstances is humbling. To all those affected by fraudulent uses of your credit card, and all who faced the prospect of its exposure, we are abjectly and sincerely sorry.

Your privacy, security, and trust are of utmost importance to us, and its breach is regretful and something we take very seriously. We have taken the lessons learned from this experience and applied them to continue growing and serving you in the future.

Alfredo Pellegrino
    President

FIREARMS OUTLET CANADA
    725 Westney Rd S
    Unit #2
    Ajax, ON, L1S 7J7

Shop Online: www.firearmsoutletcanada.com

Phone: (905) 428-1118

E-Mail: info@firearmsoutletcanada.com

Facebook / Twitter / Youtube

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Good to see a response

Sounds like the same issue X reload had a while back. Nice to see FOC has taken it seriously.