Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3343454647484950515253545556575859606163 ... LastLast

Thread: FOC creditcard fraud?

Once bit, twice shy.
    “Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.” Sun Tzu, Art of War 475-221 B.C.

Quote Originally Posted by JQIAN View Post
    did you happen to ask them why they held the leak/hack event and didn't inform their customers for a month long until it was revealed by someone else?
    or you didn't have the balls and were busy kissing their a$$?
    Woa is that how you talk to others in person? Or, just behind that computer and keyboard, or mobile? I highly doubt it that you are educated as you claimed to be? An internet tough guy? Pardon me for letting this out, but you did address that imbecile utterance towards me. While I take a dump, let me address you.

I didn’t ask because I didn’t care and I am not bent in badmouthing them whenever I post like yourself. Maybe they hurt your sissy little ass? If they already did a bad job as they did, whatever reason they come up with don’t matter to me. Would you still trust them if they explain it to you? If you read my post again I specifically said “ If I can avoid it then I will rather shop in person until dust settles down”. It means I don’t trust using their website for online purchase yet.

Just because people don’t have the same hatred as you towards them and just because people don’t go around whining about and badmouthing them like you, it doesn’t mean they don’t have balls and too busy kissing their ass. Maybe because they have more common sense than you and decency? They know that yes the company made a mistake and should have communicated the incident better. But is it enough to invest so much hatred on them like you, probably not. But, if you feel differently, you can and that’s okay. But don’t go around attacking other gunnutz here for having different opinions. Especially, they didn’t attack you. Keep it civil and courteous. Respect goes both ways. You know what you sound like right? That’s right. You sound like the left aka liberal aka democrat aka woke that majority of gun owners despise.

oh and by the way, if you really want to know why they “held back” the event and didn’t communicate them, well you live in GTA, pick up the phone and call, or email, or go in person, or if you afraid or shy then just send someone else to ask for you, or bring a friend and go together. Like I already said already, I will prefer to shop in person than using their online for the time being.
    One gun or more per citizen keep tyranny at bay

Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    Woa is that how you talk to others in person? Or, just behind that computer and keyboard, or mobile? I highly doubt it that you are educated as you claimed to be? An internet tough guy? Pardon me for letting this out, but you did address that imbecile utterance towards me. While I take a dump, let me address you.

I didn’t ask because I didn’t care and I am not bent in badmouthing them whenever I post like yourself. Maybe they hurt your sissy little ass? If they already did a bad job as they did, whatever reason they come up with don’t matter to me. Would you still trust them if they explain it to you? If you read my post again I specifically said “ If I can avoid it then I will rather shop in person until dust settles down”. It means I don’t trust using their website for online purchase yet.

Just because people don’t have the same hatred as you towards them and just because people don’t go around whining about and badmouthing them like you, it doesn’t mean they don’t have balls and too busy kissing their ass. Maybe because they have more common sense than you and decency? They know that yes the company made a mistake and should have communicated the incident better. But is it enough to invest so much hatred on them like you, probably not. But, if you feel differently, you can and that’s okay. But don’t go around attacking other gunnutz here for having different opinions. Especially, they didn’t attack you. Keep it civil and courteous. Respect goes both ways. You know what you sound like right? That’s right. You sound like the left aka liberal aka democrat aka woke that majority of gun owners despise.

oh and by the way, if you really want to know why they “held back” the event and didn’t communicate them, well you live in GTA, pick up the phone and call, or email, or go in person, or if you afraid or shy then just send someone else to ask for you, or bring a friend and go together. Like I already said already, I will prefer to shop in person than using their online for the time being.
    I wasn't going to wade into this aspect of the discussion, but as you made some really good points, I thought I'd just add some additional comments, which as always is just my opinion.

Many of us have previously had positive experiences with FOC. In fact, I shopped there quite regularly up until last summer. The prices weren't always the best, but as it is somewhat local to me and it gives me an excuse to go visit my parents since they live nearby, I used to frequent FOC regularly and bought a number of firearms and ammo from them. I don't know what it is, but the service has definitely been declining there, as has the communication (which is tied to the service).

BUT...as you have aptly indicated, I have simply moved on. Everyone has their choices and I have found some better places to give my business. Maybe one day I'll stop by FOC again, but until then I have some other options.

Now, regarding the other poster who was flaunting the credentials. I personally have always found this in bad taste, even as a small child I had this opinion. And getting older it has really just buttressed what I have always believed, that the best and most competent people do not need to mention their credentials. I remember in grade 5 or 6, there were two boys in my class. One of them started karate a couple of years prior and was bragging about how he will eventually be the school enforcer. Was telling people he can give lessons at recess and not to mess with him, etc. Meanwhile, another kid who was relatively quiet I found later he got his black belt fairly early. Yet no one really knew. I know his family were all martial arts fans but I didn't think it was possible for him to progress that far. He told me years later he would prefer it that way - he is confident in his abilities and doesn't need to tell other people that he is competent.

As an adult, I have the found the same. There is a fella at my church who I know is a physician. He never insists on people calling him doctor. What I didn't know is that not only is he a physician, he is one of the top trauma surgeons in not just Ontario but in Canada. I didn't find this out from him and when I asked him about it, he deflected and in his humility downplayed it even though he was doing work in the Middle East during the wars there.

Conversely, I have worked with many IT people, led IT teams earlier in my career and have seen the same thing - there are guys who were early Novell/Cisco/Microsoft certified who had tons of industry experience, but barely passed their paper exams. But these are people who everyone went to as they have the knowledge and experience. On the other hand we had college and university IT graduates coming out with computer science degrees and paper CNE/CCNA/CCNE/MCSE who braindumped their way through their paper exams and had no real life deep industry experience, and were disasters on projects. On paper, they looked like they were competent and capable. And funny, these people would almost always brag about how they scored 100% on their certification exams and would be sure to add all the letters to their email sig file. It was pretty funny to see.

Ultimately I have always had distaste with people specifically mentioning their educational credentials, almost always in a fashion to try to prove somehow they are more knowledgeable, more competent, and to an unspoken degree, have more value than someone else who may not have gone to university or achieved academic credentials. I would argue especially nowadays the academic university degrees do not carry the weight they once had, and certainly for me, do not reflect whatsoever what the value and contribution and character of an individual is. Many of these liberal government ministers and such are university trained lawyers and such. Yet, they know buttkiss about things like decency, humility, professionalism, decorum and personal ethics and morality. And in fact, I have seen it - some of these "elite" types tend to malign those of us as gunowners as uneducated and ignorant.

I agree with you, Bacardi - it would certainly be a much better community and environment if people dropped the bravado, dropped the rhetoric and learned how to maturely and peaceably disagree with one other, rather than resorting to name calling and character assassination. It is quite juvenile and is more of a reflection on the character of the name caller rather than their target.

In this case, if someone still wants to keep shopping at FOC, that's their prerogative. That is not what I am doing, but I certainly am not doing to denigrate someone else's decision. Conversely, there is nothing wrong with having a constructive dialog about the root causes of people's consternations about FOC's decline in customer service and quality of service delivery. It is quite understandable that businesses and individuals make mistakes; how one handles it is of greater importance. People have different tolerances and biases and whether people keep shopping at FOC or not...well, we can agree to disagree. Thankfully at this point anyways, we still have many other choices in the firearms retailer landscape in Canada.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Quote Originally Posted by JQIAN View Post
    did you happen to ask them why they held the leak/hack event and didn't inform their customers for a month long until it was revealed by someone else?
    or you didn't have the balls and were busy kissing their a$$?

Opinionated much? Pretty trashy comment to someone you don’t know.
    The most asinine quote in Canadian history;
    A “fringe minority” in truckers convoy with “unacceptable views” “don’t represent Canadians”

last month I paid the order with my union-pay credit card to SFRC, the SFRC told me didn't receive my money, but my credit card bill shows me that the order had already been paid. right now, I apply my credit card bank to initiate an investigation.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Couldn't hold out any longer, they have stuff no one else does.
    Went to the post office and got a prepaid VISA for $500.
    Problem solved.

Add me to the list

I made a purchase in October and earlier this month. My card was finally compromised this week.

Welp, I got bit too.

Got an email from my bank saying my password was changed and immediately tried to log in, no dice. Then another email saying my 2SV was changed. Was able to get in through the app on my phone using FaceID, and I immediately EMT'd all my money to another bank account. Then saw the 2SV was a completely different phone, deactivated it, replaced it with mine. Then before I could reset the password they changed the 2SV back to their phone under the name "fk off" so again I deactivated that phone, replaced with mine and immediately reset the password going through the list of security prompts. They deposited 2 cheques before I finally locked them out, and I've been on the phone with the bank for the last hour and a half trying to make sure it won't happen again. So, somehow, I made it out with more money. Which of course is probably stolen from someone else, so, currently on hold to get that sorted.

UPDATE: Fraud department cancelled my card and locked my account, I will go to my branch for a new card and to get access back. I got lucky. Make sure you have security alerts set up and FaceID on your phone app. If I hesitated any longer it could have been way worse.
    Last edited by Vroflraptor; 01-28-2023 at 06:03 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trimmer 905's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leon80 View Post
    last month I paid the order with my union-pay credit card to SFRC, the SFRC told me didn't receive my money, but my credit card bill shows me that the order had already been paid. right now, I apply my credit card bank to initiate an investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermind View Post
    Add me to the list

I made a purchase in October and earlier this month. My card was finally compromised this week.
    Let me just ask you guys this. Did either of you happen to leave your credit number stored on their customer data base?

Thats crazy and great you were able to react quickly. Any idea how they were able to get in and change your password in the first place, especially if you had 2SV setup ?