Page 30 of 66 FirstFirst ... 102022232425262728293031323334353637384050 ... LastLast

Thread: FOC creditcard fraud?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ipscshooters's Avatar
    I've seen this thread for the last month , I haven't read thru all 29 pages yet I do admit that.....

Has FOC ever responded to these insane allegations?

FYI, due to scam I am now up to 1k cc charges that were reversed, 9k taken from Bank, and 2400$ in loans taken out in my name. Bank claiming they won't cover it.
    CCFR & IDPA MEMBER

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipscshooters View Post
    I've seen this thread for the last month , I haven't read thru all 29 pages yet I do admit that.....

Has FOC ever responded to these insane allegations?
    Nothing since their “apology” on page 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Breensy View Post
    FYI, due to scam I am now up to 1k cc charges that were reversed, 9k taken from Bank, and 2400$ in loans taken out in my name. Bank claiming they won't cover it.
    That sucks. Sorry to hear it. Did they say why they won’t cover it? And which bank, if you don’t mind sharing?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbella873 View Post
    That sucks. Sorry to hear it. Did they say why they won’t cover it? And which bank, if you don’t mind sharing?
    Unfortunately anymore unless you are paying a fee for some sort of fraud protection most banks don’t cover fraudulent charges and even if they do it’s usually limited to what they will cover.
    I love the sound that a law makes when I break it!

I've had non-stop breach attempts on many of my accounts since shopping with FOC. They have all our info and they're going wild.

Do you have property, tenant, or condo insurance ? Many insurance policies come with identity theft protections.

i made a purchase at FOC at the end of july, by early september someone had used my card for a minor charge(50) and i didnt realize it, then a few weeks later tried to spend 2200 in one go and it declined. The charges were made in manitoba... i dont really use my card often so this is definetely very suspicious
    Dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery

CGN Regular
    FOC is still not responding??

I suggest everyone calls their bank and phone carriers to add a verbal password to your accounts. Also change your 2fa method on as many things as possible to something other than your cell phone...

After having my credit card compromised with Apple charges after shopping at FOC, I was targeted with something called a sim swap scam.

If you have never heard of it like me at the time, I suggest you watch a YouTube video on it.

It has been an absolute nightmare dealing with it and I really hope others can learn from my experience and protect themselves.

I wrote a blog on this after it happened to a few clients (unrelated to our work). Way bigger problem than most people know.
    There are a lot of good (and free) 2FA apps out there. (Google Authenticator and Microsoft Authenticator to name two)