Thread: North of Toronto Ontario, which county can be permitted to discharge firearm?

North of Toronto Ontario, which county can be permitted to discharge firearm?

I checked and it seems lot of county don't permit discharge, which county is closest to discharge?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer J.Hancock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bondylee View Post
    I checked and it seems lot of county don't permit discharge, which county is closest to discharge?
    You need 10acres of private land and be at least 200m away from an inhabited residence in Eramosa, for recreational discharge. Hunting and pest control regs differ.
    "When truth and fairness differs from what is law, better to follow truth and fairness."

Quote Originally Posted by J.Hancock View Post
    You need 10acres of private land and be at least 200m away from an inhabited residence in Eramosa, for recreational discharge. Hunting and pest control regs differ.
    Thanks

mine also can't discharge even though i qualify what you said. Even the Environmental Protection Department visited me.

tiny fishing unblocked

Your best bet is to look for bylaw maps for each municipality. I know for example that no firearm discharge is allowed in Richmond Hill. In King there are some areas where it is allowed with some restrictions. https://www.king.ca/township-service...%20or%20larger

People mentioned Huntsville, but not sure if that's something like a shotgun distance or long range rifle spot.

I'm in rural Queensville ON (Newmarket area). I can discharge a firearm on my property but the bylaw states no bullets larger than 0.275 caliber and the bullet can't leave my property

Quote Originally Posted by Zoroastryan View Post
    Your best bet is to look for bylaw maps for each municipality. I know for example that no firearm discharge is allowed in Richmond Hill. In King there are some areas where it is allowed with some restrictions. https://www.king.ca/township-service...%20or%20larger word wipe
    Thanks. This is exactly what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by OutOnALimb View Post
    I'm in rural Queensville ON (Newmarket area). I can discharge a firearm on my property but the bylaw states no bullets larger than 0.275 caliber and the bullet can't leave my property
    I never did understand the reasoning behind this .275 law.

You can use a .270 moose rifle but not a little 7.62x39

Doesn't make any sense at all.