Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Massive Black Friday Sale Body Armor 30 Percent Off

Watch these plates fail. Youtube " Testing the cheapest ar 500 body armour panel in Canada". And Ai tactical knew about this test. Still better then nothing for sure, but a bit misleading maybe, the bullet that went through was the American eagle msr cheap stuff.
    Last edited by 35FARM; 11-20-2022 at 03:40 PM.

Well this is a bit concerning. I’ve bought these same level 3+ plates from AI and was using them for a long time. I’ve just bought a few sets of their level 4 sil carbide plates on sale and hope they are better.

@aitactical, can you post videos of testing these plates in house? Having these rumours circulating isn’t good for business and I know I’d feel a lot more comfortable seeing you guys set up at the range and seeing an unedited video of these plates being shot multiple times with different calibres at various ranges.

Thanks,
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by williamteichroeb View Post
    Well this is a bit concerning. I’ve bought these same level 3+ plates from AI and was using them for a long time. I’ve just bought a few sets of their level 4 sil carbide plates on sale and hope they are better.

@aitactical, can you post videos of testing these plates in house? Having these rumours circulating isn’t good for business and I know I’d feel a lot more comfortable seeing you guys set up at the range and seeing an unedited video of these plates being shot multiple times with different calibres at various ranges.

Thanks,
    Will
    I can say without a doubt the 3+ ar500 plates from them stand up. I used a pair as targets and shot them with everything I had. .308, steel core 7.62x39, steel core 7.62x54r and steel core 30-06. The foam on the plates comes off but the plates themselves have very minimal denting on them.

That’s awesome to hear. I picked up a few sets of their level 4 plates. I’m thinking I might sacrifice one for testing and to angle grind it, to cut off a cross-section to actually see how it’s constructed. It would be nice though if AItactical did this and posted the video for full transparency. So I don’t have to waste $250.00. But I guess what’s the cost of your life potentially.

I’m comparing their plates to other manufacturers and their level 4 is lighter than even “unnamed’s” level 4 LTE option, so it makes me wonder a bit. I mean, obviously we all want the lightest plates that offer the best protection, but at about 1/3 the cost of the others, I’m wondering how they achieve it, if quality isn’t sacrificed.

Quote Originally Posted by williamteichroeb View Post
    That’s awesome to hear. I picked up a few sets of their level 4 plates. I’m thinking I might sacrifice one for testing and to angle grind it, to cut off a cross-section to actually see how it’s constructed. It would be nice though if AItactical did this and posted the video for full transparency. So I don’t have to waste $250.00. But I guess what’s the cost of your life potentially.

I’m comparing their plates to other manufacturers and their level 4 is lighter than even “unnamed’s” level 4 LTE option, so it makes me wonder a bit. I mean, obviously we all want the lightest plates that offer the best protection, but at about 1/3 the cost of the others, I’m wondering how they achieve it, if quality isn’t sacrificed.

If you need to do that in order to feel confident in the armour you're buying, why not buy certified armour instead? Like I noted, these are mm from failure in their own documents, stopping the bullet is only part of the issue, energy transfer is the other half and these don't seem to do the job based on their (questionable) documentation. 44 mm of backface signature is a fail, these are in the 41mm range by their own paperwork.

But if you watch the video they don't stop 223 cheap ammo that AI tactical says it stops. If you want me to shoot new plates with green tip and post it I will let you pick the yardage and put a video up for everyone to see.

I also have there newer hoplight plates to try out that they advertise as Canadian built.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12