Thread: Rear takedown pin removal

Rear takedown pin removal

Good Morning All!

Looking to take out the rear takedown pin of the ATRS gen 2 lower receiver because i bought a Triggertech single stage diamond trigger that requires that to move in order to install trigger housing with retention clasp. Anyone have any ideas? I notice a few comments in othere threads breifly mention it being locktight/JB welded in there but no mention or attempt to remove it

Any ideas?

Thank you

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlienPrime View Post
    Good Morning All!

Looking to take out the rear takedown pin of the ATRS gen 2 lower receiver because i bought a Triggertech single stage diamond trigger that requires that to move in order to install trigger housing with retention clasp. Anyone have any ideas? I notice a few comments in othere threads breifly mention it being locktight/JB welded in there but no mention or attempt to remove it

Any ideas?

Thank you
    Chances are VERY high you will damage the lower and rear TD pin removing it. The screw is put in with RED LokTite so a lot of heat is required to defeat it.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlienPrime View Post
    Good Morning All!

Any ideas?

Thank you
    I was just thinking. I have several Sporters with the TriggerTech Diamond single stage triggers in them and did not have to remove the TD pin, just the safety which is then re-installed once the trigger is in place.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there