Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So You Want a Medal? How About 6 Medals?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pirate604's Avatar
    One question, were these medals issued or over run stock? I assume the latter.
    If Ye Hath Fought Like a Man, Ye Needen't Hang Like a dog.

I have gongs I was awarded and these US ones shouldn't offend anyone, there are numerous places in Canada and abroad where you can order replica Canadian (or commonwealth) medals also and have them professionally mounted.
    It's up to the indavidual if he is an glory attention seeker or collector.

Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    I would say collect replicas if you want.

In my opinion it cheapens the whole thing when those that haven't earned something can attain it.

Some sacrifice a lot... others hold their family members earned medals in memory of their loved one.

But I guess sure. Have some on the shelf as a curiosity.

Sorry frontier for disrupting your thread.
    With that logic you should be giving up your grandpa's medals, afterall what did you do to earn them?

And especially more so for great-grandparents and beyond, since you likely have little to no memory of them either.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by visser View Post
    With that logic you should be giving up your grandpa's medals, afterall what did you do to earn them?

And especially more so for great-grandparents and beyond, since you likely have little to no memory of them either.
    There is a big difference between a family members earned medals and buying them in a shop

Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    There is a big difference between a family members earned medals and buying them in a shop
    Both are not earned by you. Big similarity as far as I am concerned.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    These are over production of metal that were sold to the public.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    I have gongs I was awarded and these US ones shouldn't offend anyone, there are numerous places in Canada and abroad where you can order replica Canadian (or commonwealth) medals also and have them professionally mounted.
    It's up to the individual if he is an glory attention seeker or collector.
    So ironic that on a website like this, there are still those that want to tell you what you should not be allowed to own.

Metals from Vietnam to the today, really? Is it even humanly possible to have people pretend that they won them in service with that wide range of dates?

The US government who issues them, have no problem auctioning them off. There are plenty of people who think their a neat thing to own. All other opinions are about as relevant as a liberals opinion on what guns you "need" to own.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    So ironic that on a website like this, there are still those that want to tell you what you should not be allowed to own.

Medals from Vietnam to the today, really? Is it even humanly possible to have people pretend that they won them in service with that wide range of dates?

The US government who issues them, have no problem auctioning them off. There are plenty of people who think their a neat thing to own. All other opinions are about as relevant as a liberals opinion on what guns you "need" to own.
    Champion company.
    Last edited by Frontier Firearms; 12-06-2022 at 08:58 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123