Page 103 of 174 FirstFirst ... 83939596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111113123 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1738

Thread: Amendment G4 to Bill C-21 is sweeping ban on semi auto shotguns AND rifles

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Fudds mad.

Acting like they didn't throw others under the bus for decades...didn't have RPALs because the thought of a "non huntin' gun!" made them want to cry and puke...

You can hunt with a pistol FYI...just our overlords said no.
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

The Chiappa M1-22 is on the list. That's not centrefire - it's only a 22LR semi.

CGN frequent flyer Overlander2018's Avatar
    We should write on mass to red state governors asking them if they can become sanctuary states for Canadian gun owners.
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."

CGN frequent flyer Overlander2018's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by a9713439 View Post
    The Chiappa M1-22 is on the list. That's not centrefire - it's only a 22LR semi.
    Far from the only one...
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Did anyone here ever think that:

The Liberals are appearing to run amok with the goal of relying up the troops to say stupid stuff as an excuse to take "additional steps" to "control guns for public safety" because they have been "led to believe that insurrection and public violence is imminent". Just like they are justifying the EA in hind sight today.

And it's working.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    Counselling non compliance which is against forum rules makes me and I dare say others nervous.

Why?

Because this site and others like it are monitored and posts that "put it out there" can easily be interpreted by a very nervous and vindictive LPC government as an excuse to keep turning the screws.

All of us then pay the price for others letting off steam doing things that they may have no intention of following through with themselves.
    Get a clue. Are you suggesting they haven't been "turning the screws" already? All of us are already paying the price for meek sheep such as yourself with the position we're currently all in.
    HBAR or GTFO

CGN Ultra frequent flyer steamy teabag's Avatar
    "Strangeday - Coming Legislation
    May 7 2020

So...I have seen and been read various memos and policy notes on the coming firearms legislation. I do not know what version of those notes and memos they are and I am avoiding specific verbatim quotes lest the persons who have been providing them are identified as being the source. You don't have to read this and I personally don't care if you "believe" it or not. Thats for you. For those that are interested this is what I have been able to distill.

The OIC prohibitions last week are an interim measure and the coming legislation will not only encompass the OIC particulars but be structured in such a way that legislatively make the law a "living" administrative tool. We sometimes refer to these policies or regulations as "Evergreen" meaning that action can be taken without the need to go through a critical process. In government this is the type of thing dictators and tyrants use...although they don't need a democratic process to do it. You saw the Liberal governments attempt to seize unregulated power in the form of an unlimited spending proposal a month ago. You then saw the Liberals use executive power in the OIC cloaked in the false veil of public safety.

The new legislation will target and ban or restrict all semi auto rifles, anything resembling a "black type" rifle and anything modifiable such as stocks, VFG's etc etc.

From more than one document this would also appear to target rimfire firearms for restrictions on what can done. For example no aftermarket tactical stocks or pistol grips etc. For example your 10/22 will only remain a non restricted rifle as long as you don't have a pistol grip or flash hider or anything to stimulate a mentality that could be considered fostering a tactical "fantasy". Thats s weirdly repeated Liberal talking point and it appears they recognize that people with mental health issues are stimulated in various ways but refuse to deal with mental health. For some reason they think taking away a firearm is a substitute for mental health treatment.

The fallout from this legislation will be much broader than most people realize. The Liberals DO recognize the fallout and in fact have targeted the businesses of firearms retailers specifically through the collateral attack of prohibitions. They know they they are wiping out an industry of retailers, sporting events and related products business by doing this. Most of the gun dealers and gun shops you all know will not survive this ban. The Liberals know it and they consider that part of their plan. One staffer joked with someone i talk to that "all the unemployed gun store idiots are complicit in the gun deaths in this country and that when they are unemployed the can retrain to work in renewable energy."

The US is watching. Outfitters and hunting operators will feel the fallout as American tourists stay away from Canada in protest. Unlike many people...Americans will boycott over gun issues. While the Liberals seem very aware of some of the collateral damage and destruction targeting specific guns will cause they seem oblivious or in some cases in denial about others.

Make no mistake. The Liberals do NOT believe for a second that these new laws and prohibitions will in anyway impact organized or street violence. The know that it will continue. They plan on capitalizing on the continue gun violence as a way to push for further restrictions and prohibitions.

They are fuelled to do what they are doing because of polling. This is political and they want power. While their popularity is slipping they are very away that the CPC is hampered by the PPC and the PQ. They believe that should they lose power that the CPC will only win a minority government and could not undo the legislation around firearms. They are also aware that a majority CPC government would be expected to not only undo that which has been done through the OIC's but the coming legislation. This is why they are moving the legislation through in a way that they are planning to be able to block any change in a minority CPC government.

The Liberal Party makes money from gun bans. They pass laws that they grandstand on and then campaign for donations. Politics is a business and the Liberal Party has weaponized this business against the democracy that Canada used to be.

You will all have to make a decision on how to challenge the politics of what they have done. Until there is one voice...one party on the Right along with a determined stance....the Liberals will execute their plan."

------------------------

Posted in another thread but words from the wise should often be repeated.
    luceo non uro
    Canadians have (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof.

Never in doubt, seldom correct.

Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    Counselling non compliance which is against forum rules makes me and I dare say others nervous.

Why?

Because this site and others like it are monitored and posts that "put it out there" can easily be interpreted by a very nervous and vindictive LPC government as an excuse to keep turning the screws.

All of us then pay the price for others letting off steam doing things that they may have no intention of following through with themselves.
    Seriously???

You should know by now, especially now, that the Liberals have an agenda and don't give a sh!t about us. They don't need "an excuse to keep turning the screws", the screws will not stop turning until we are all completely disarmed!!
    Playing nice has gotten us here. Gloves are off.

The New Zealanders had a compliance rate of around 13-18% of their banned non-restricted (MSSA) firearms. That was based on NZ gov estimates which as we all know are always based on low numbers. Actual compliance rate is most likely around 4-8%.
    I think we can do better.

As for the guns we have that are registered (restricted), they know about them, they want them and I will make it as difficult as legally possible for them to get them "back".

We got a winner.

1. magazine

2. semi auto

3 comes in black "scary"
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

Why are there 22LRs on the list? This whole thing is ridiculous, but banning anything 22LR is especially ridiculous.