Page 154 of 174 FirstFirst ... 134144146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160161162164 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1738

Thread: Amendment G4 to Bill C-21 is sweeping ban on semi auto shotguns AND rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Har0350a View Post
    (I sent this to all NDP MP’s)
    Subject: Personalizing the nameless and faceless

Good Afternoon to all,
    I know perhaps at best this will be viewed briefly by a junior intern and subsequently deleted, but perhaps one or a few will spend five minutes contemplating my thoughts.
    My name is Glenn Harper. I am a locomotive engineer, an Albertan, and a Canadian. I’m an avid artist, a gardener, a thinker, a dreamer, an environmentalist, and an animal lover. I used to be a fanatical fisherman, but I gave that up because I realized how fundamentally cruel sport fishing is. Torturing and possibly killing another sentient life form for “recreation.”
    I am not a vegetarian, nor am I a hunter. I am, however, an avid firearms collector and recreational target shooter. Which naturally brings us to the point…
    The liberal government unfairly targets the two million plus law abiding citizens that enjoy this harmless and historically fascinating activity. Not to mention countless tens of thousands of hunters and First Nations.
    Licensed firearms owners are not the ones making the headlines laying carnage on our city streets. Quite the opposite. I believe in law and order, in peace, in kindness. In helping the downtrodden, in protecting the weak, the abused, and the lost.
    When I come across a pan handler, I don’t rudely tell them “Get a job…” I’ll give them twenty or fifty dollars (even outside a liquor store) and say “I’d prefer you get a warm meal.”
    I don’t know if many, or any, of you have read of the horrific case of a horse being brutally tortured in Ontario in the last week or so. Dragged behind a vehicle and locked up bleeding in a stall. I read the article but refused to watch the attached video. The article alone brought me to tears. I actually would not even recommend reading the article…
    Gun owners are not criminals. We are not rampage killers. We are people. Just like all of you. And yet we take the blame and wreak the consequences for those that refuse to follow the law and make the headlines.
    Taking every single firearm from every single licensed firearm owner will have essentially ZERO impact on actual gun crime. This is widely known and accepted, even among members of the Liberal Party.
    One of the primary reasons I’m interested in firearms is history. A history sadly so often written in blood. I have a number of historical firearms used in combat in World War II. Firearms that went ashore at Dieppe and Normandy. Carried by anonymous men from small prairie towns and Scottish fishing villages. Firearms that liberated Holland. That crushed the German war machine. That liberated concentration camps. That helped write history. That put an end to horror. Firearms carried by those that gave all. Dragged through the sand, and the mud, and the blood by all the boys we remember one minute once a year.
    I remember these boys every day. And I am a keeper and archivist of their tools of the trade. Criminal don’t shoot up the streets with Bren guns and M1 Garands. And if the government wants to melt down my collection of historical artifacts to make rebar, I’ll probably abide by the law.
    But I’m a Canadian. And supposedly this is a democracy. As such, I am taking a few moments hoping a few of you will hear me. I am but one of over two million. And I thank you for your time…
    Glenn Harper
    (I don’t post here much. But I am as equally horrified as everyone here. I have a hundred thousand worth of scrap metal. I’m one of the youngest 12-3/12-5 guys left. FN FAL and Galil in high school in 1991. And since then, a whole lot more. Three Brens, four Stens, mg-34’s, AK’s, HK’s, 7 FALs, everything I ever wanted as a kid. Nearly. Still need an RPD, PKM, and MAG-58. If anyone has one to sell. I wrote this to try to personalize us as people. We aren’t just “gun nutz.” We are people. Just like everyone else. We follow the law. We respect others. Except maybe Trudeau. Who I consider a national embarrassment.)
    Just a suggestion.When I have the presence of mind and I want to give,I offer Subway and a coffee for those on the street.Hard to trade for drugs but it sometimes happens.
    "I want you to stand up for your country and start singin and if you don't f**k ya"......Jimi Hendrix 1968.
    CCFR member.
    I may be losing braincells by the day but guitar players don't need many anyway !

Good Afternoon to all,
    I know perhaps at best this will be viewed briefly by a junior intern and subsequently deleted, but perhaps one or a few will spend five minutes contemplating my thoughts.
    My name is Glenn Harper. I am a locomotive engineer, an Albertan, and a Canadian. I’m an avid artist, a gardener, a thinker, a dreamer, an environmentalist, and an animal lover. I used to be a fanatical fisherman, but I gave that up because I realized how fundamentally cruel sport fishing is. Torturing and possibly killing another sentient life form for “recreation.”
    I am not a vegetarian, nor am I a hunter. I am, however, an avid firearms collector and recreational target shooter. Which naturally brings us to the point…
    The liberal government unfairly targets the two million plus law abiding citizens that enjoy this harmless and historically fascinating activity. Not to mention countless tens of thousands of hunters and First Nations.
    Licensed firearms owners are not the ones making the headlines laying carnage on our city streets. Quite the opposite. I believe in law and order, in peace, in kindness. In helping the downtrodden, in protecting the weak, the abused, and the lost.
    When I come across a pan handler, I don’t rudely tell them “Get a job…” I’ll give them twenty or fifty dollars (even outside a liquor store) and say “I’d prefer you get a warm meal.”
    I don’t know if many, or any, of you have read of the horrific case of a horse being brutally tortured in Ontario in the last week or so. Dragged behind a vehicle and locked up bleeding in a stall. I read the article but refused to watch the attached video. The article alone brought me to tears. I actually would not even recommend reading the article…
    Gun owners are not criminals. We are not rampage killers. We are people. Just like all of you. And yet we take the blame and wreak the consequences for those that refuse to follow the law and make the headlines.
    Taking every single firearm from every single licensed firearm owner will have essentially ZERO impact on actual gun crime. This is widely known and accepted, even among members of the Liberal Party.
    One of the primary reasons I’m interested in firearms is history. A history sadly so often written in blood. I have a number of historical firearms used in combat in World War II. Firearms that went ashore at Dieppe and Normandy. Carried by anonymous men from small prairie towns and Scottish fishing villages. Firearms that liberated Holland. That crushed the German war machine. That liberated concentration camps. That helped write history. That put an end to horror. Firearms carried by those that gave all. Dragged through the sand, and the mud, and the blood by all the boys we remember one minute once a year.
    I remember these boys every day. And I am a keeper and archivist of their tools of the trade. Criminal don’t shoot up the streets with Bren guns and M1 Garands. And if the government wants to melt down my collection of historical artifacts to make rebar, I’ll probably abide by the law.
    But I’m a Canadian. And supposedly this is a democracy. As such, I am taking a few moments hoping a few of you will hear me. I am but one of over two million. And I thank you for your time…
    Glenn Harper
    (I don’t post here much. But I am as equally horrified as everyone here. I have a hundred thousand worth of scrap metal. I’m one of the youngest 12-3/12-5 guys left. FN FAL and Galil in high school in 1991. And since then, a whole lot more. Three Brens, four Stens, mg-34’s, AK’s, HK’s, 7 FALs, everything I ever wanted as a kid. Nearly. Still need an RPD, PKM, and MAG-58. If anyone has one to sell. I wrote this to try to personalize us as people. We aren’t just “gun nutz.” We are people. Just like everyone else. We follow the law. We respect others. Except maybe Trudeau. Who I consider a national embarrassment.)

Good read man. I’m re inspired to send a few more myself.

Quote Originally Posted by longranger85 View Post
    I like your optimism. I think many gun owners are living in fear right now (which is understandable) but I truly believe they won't get away with it this easily. We all just have to keep our heads at this time. The liberals are pushing and waiting for a bad response to justify using force.
    Fear,given time by the wise,turns into determination,sharpens the steel,collects the thoughts,hardens the focus.We have dealt with this "trauma" far longer than the current Government has dished it out.We know our enemy.We can deal with them,inside the system and use it against them.They will not succeed.Our ancestors have shown us the path.Ignore the opposition and plow them under as we move forward to our dream of a better day and better country.It is a thankless job but one worth striving for.
    This,for my Father and my grandfather,who both served for this country.
    "I want you to stand up for your country and start singin and if you don't f**k ya"......Jimi Hendrix 1968.
    CCFR member.
    I may be losing braincells by the day but guitar players don't need many anyway !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer slarsen47's Avatar

Good Afternoon to all,
    Glenn Harper
    As I read what you write, I am convinced you are a good man.................way too good for the scum that hang their hats on the Liberal and NDP banner.

This is not a time to be honest, fair, reasonable, tolerant, understanding....................you get my drift?

These criminals in Ottawa do not care...............zero fvcks given!!

They will continue to work to destroy you and me and the way of life we have had until we stop them.

Anyone that would melt your collection and DECIDE to steal any legally acquired firearm is nothing but a criminal.

Over two million people can easily deal with less than 200 WEF led psychopath's in Ottawa.

One of the Ten Commandments states..........Thou Shalt Not Steal

We must band together to support what our young men and women fought and died for.

And that is freedom................and this WEF cabal is about destroying your freedom.

I am a calm, quiet, peaceful person by nature that would never harm an innocent.

These Ottawa criminals are not innocent...........they are the worst kind of evil.

The communists have infiltrated our Parliament and are making an end run with the media whores.
    I stand for freedom, law and order, justice, low taxes, prosperity, healthy lifestyle and property rights.

But I am "old school" and can see the "writing on the wall".

Quote Originally Posted by slarsen47 View Post
    As I read what you write, I am convinced you are a good man.................way too good for the scum that hang their hats on the Liberal and NDP banner.

This is not a time to be honest, fair, reasonable, tolerant, understanding....................you get my drift?

These criminals in Ottawa do not care...............zero fvcks given!!

They will continue to work to destroy you and me and the way of life we have had until we stop them.

Anyone that would melt your collection and DECIDE to steal any legally acquired firearm is nothing but a criminal.

Over two million people can easily deal with less than 200 WEF led psychopath's in Ottawa.

One of the Ten Commandments states..........Thou Shalt Not Steal

We must band together to support what our young men and women fought and died for.

And that is freedom................and this WEF cabal is about destroying your freedom.

I am a calm, quiet, peaceful person by nature that would never harm an innocent.

These Ottawa criminals are not innocent...........they are the worst kind of evil.

The communists have infiltrated our Parliament and are making an end run with the media whores.

Very well said, very well said!.......
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Unless firearms become a "right" like in they are in the States.. this will keep playing out over and over.. Even if the Conservatives win the next election and do manage to reverse some of this.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer slarsen47's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomGun View Post
    Unless firearms become a "right" like in they are in the States.. this will keep playing out over and over.. Even if the Conservatives win the next election and do manage to reverse some of this.
    We need property rights............for all property that has been legally acquired.

Retroactive application of criminal actions cannot and must not be tolerated.

PROPERTY RIGHTS cannot be a political football subject to the whims of criminals.

We need our personal rights respected..........not runover by criminal mandates.

A large segment of the population has been deceived, bullied, lied to and harmed.

It continues to this day in-spite of all the evidence to the contrary.

Many of us not born here, came here because of our elders escaping exactly what is being advanced.

My parents and my wife's parents would be in disbelief of what is going on in Ottawa.

Flashes of what they lived through and were lucky to survive.
    I stand for freedom, law and order, justice, low taxes, prosperity, healthy lifestyle and property rights.

But I am "old school" and can see the "writing on the wall".

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by medvedqc View Post
    ok thank you for the correction and the good reading. wont change me to be ndp lol but good to read.
    Oh I'm not suggesting voting for them -- but a gentle reminder to all of their MPs that if they ever want to be in play anywhere in rural Canada again they should consider their party's position very carefully wouldn't hurt.

Still not enough though -- are there significant #s of Bloc people elected in rural Quebec?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jkf View Post
    Oh I'm not suggesting voting for them -- but a gentle reminder to all of their MPs that if they ever want to be in play anywhere in rural Canada again they should consider their party's position very carefully wouldn't hurt.

Still not enough though -- are there significant #s of Bloc people elected in rural Quebec?
    votes are shifting in quebec one year the full province sent ndp then bloc you never know ... the last provincial did not do well for parti quebecois nor the liberal but to say the cpc will got a say in the next election i want to see that ... we lived only 4 years there and not in a big city (except quebec city for 8 months) and no way to found out what they really think in political matter ...

we will see how they will really vote in the chamber but before at secu. i heard many times the liberals from the yukon did not agree with but still voted so ...

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomGun View Post

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm definitely not a lawyer, but:

Is there not a legal basis for the right to bear arms in Canada?

English Common Law, the English Bill of Rights 1689?

The British North American Act? (BNA Act)

I'm fairly certain our right to bear arms once was in these above written laws.

I know PE Trudy tried to screw us in 1982 by changing the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, but these previous laws should still be in effect.

Anyone?
    Last edited by Thunderhog; 11-29-2022 at 02:48 AM.
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!