Page 168 of 174 FirstFirst ... 148158160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174 LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1738

Thread: Amendment G4 to Bill C-21 is sweeping ban on semi auto shotguns AND rifles

Quote Originally Posted by medvedqc View Post
    you did not see it coming? lol
    I literally got my RPAL 2 days before the handgun freeze took effect and had to educate myself real quick about this whole thing and critically sort out the info on my own. Admittedly, I "did not see it coming" simply due to not even knowing what "it" was til probably about a month or so ago lol

Didn't realize when that RPAL showed up at my doorstep that my brain would immediately have the all the information in the many years of gun control legistlations I needed to know about what's going on and what's coming up.

But what do I know, I didn't see it coming right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A quote from Jordan Peterson which seems very fitting;

"Things get to terrible places one tiny step at a time.
    If I encroach on you and I'm sophisticated about it, I'm going to encroach two millimetres. I'm going to encroach right to the point where you begin to protest. Then I'm going to stop.
    Then I'm going to wait.
    I'm going to encroach again, right to the point where you protest. I'm going to stop. And then I'm going to wait.
    I'm just going to do that forever.
    Before you know it, you're going to be back three miles from where you started.
    And you'll have done it one step at a time. You'll ask "Oh, how did I get here?".
    The answer is "Well, I pushed you a little farther than you should have gone, and you agreed.""

Again, first the OIC banning AR15's and all variants as well as other firearms that aren't variants. Then the handgun ban. Now non restricted hunting rifles. It's absolutely clear where this will continue to go. I own a mint condition 1903 Colt pocket hammer that was purchased at Tisdall's sporting goods at 521 W Hastings, Vancouver in 1907. It was gifted to me by my grandfather and has been certified by the Colt archives as an antique and historical firearm. I will not be able to pass down this piece of history to my children or grandchildren as a result of the Liberals actions and when I die this firearm along with all of yours will be destroyed, if they don't confiscate them all before that.

Today I found out my local Liberal MP that I did not elect that is supposed to represent me was the chair at the SECU meeting 50. If that isn't a conflict of interest then I don't even know anymore. At the same meeting Liberal MP Pam "Karen" Damoff was outraged that their "privilege was breached" because their secret amendment was leaked to the public which breaches the privilege of all law abiding Canadian firearm owners. Talk about ####ing irony.

My mentality at this point is "come and take it".

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingLion View Post
    I literally got my RPAL 2 days before the handgun freeze took effect and had to educate myself real quick about this whole thing and critically sort out the info on my own. Admittedly, I "did not see it coming" simply due to not even knowing what "it" was til probably about a month or so ago lol

Didn't realize when that RPAL showed up at my doorstep that my brain would immediately have the all the information in the many years of gun control legistlations I needed to know about what's going on and what's coming up.

But what do I know, I didn't see it coming right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fair enough, but where have you been since "2016-2019"
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    Last edited by BlackVoid; 12-08-2022 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVoid View Post
    Noob. I came to CGN to find out how to properly machine wash my firearms.
    Tide pods
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingLion View Post
    It's looking like if the dust settles and if the hunting rifles/shotguns fight is resolved, people are going to forget about the handguns.
    The discourse is circling around the "handgun ban that got warped into affecting hunting rifles and shotguns" and if a backpedal happens, a "win" would mean the hunting rifles and shotguns don't get affected but the handguns stay banned
    I think it's worse then that. All I hear in the media and even from the politicians that are supposedly on our side is how this affects hunters. It's almost feels like they have already conceded support for sport shooters and people that just want to own guns. If we aren't careful our allies will fight to remove the single shot, bolt action and shotguns off the list and then chalk it up as a "win" for gun owners even though the liberals just outlawed the rest of the semi's they didn't ban in the 2020 OIC.

We really need to be educating people that this government is pushing to disarm law abiding citizens not for public safety but because citizen disarmament is one the cornerstones of agenda 21/2030 and the WEF's great reset.

A lot of people already get it, I'm running into more people then ever who do but there are also a lot of people with their head in the sand trying to convince themselves this is just for political points with the liberal base or some such nonsense.

We also need to be pointing out how greasy this move from the liberals was. Sneaking in an amendment that drastically changed the scope and more then doubled the size of the original legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ABNDT View Post
    Tide pods
    Wrong. OxiClean works much better :D

Glad we still have some humor in this sad situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
    I think it's worse then that. All I hear in the media and even from the politicians that are supposedly on our side is how this affects hunters. It's almost feels like they have already conceded support for sport shooters and people that just want to own guns. If we aren't careful our allies will fight to remove the single shot, bolt action and shotguns off the list and then chalk it up as a "win" for gun owners even though the liberals just outlawed the rest of the semi's they didn't ban in the 2020 OIC.

We really need to be educating people that this government is pushing to disarm law abiding citizens not for public safety but because citizen disarmament is one the cornerstones of agenda 21/2030 and the WEF's great reset.

A lot of people already get it, I'm running into more people then ever who do but there are also a lot of people with their head in the sand trying to convince themselves this is just for political points with the liberal base or some such nonsense.

We also need to be pointing out how greasy this move from the liberals was. Sneaking in an amendment that drastically changed the scope and more then doubled the size of the original legislation.
    Agree 100%. The Conservatives seem to playing into the Liberals tactic..

I have a feeling the Libs will take a few select hunting rifles and shotguns off the Bill to "save face" and make it look like they are smartly evaluating and refining the list. You know, cause they know better.
    Most Canadians are unaware or blissfully ignorant of the Liberals true intentions which is eventual full elimination of private ownership of firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomGun View Post
    Wrong. OxiClean works much better :D

Glad we still have some humor in this sad situation...
    100%
    LEST WE FORGET