Page 170 of 174 FirstFirst ... 150160162163164165166167168169170171172173174 LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 1738

Thread: Amendment G4 to Bill C-21 is sweeping ban on semi auto shotguns AND rifles

Quote Originally Posted by medvedqc View Post
    even here ...
    I think a lot of people outside the community just don't think about it. Regulations just pile up until it's eventually an insurmountable wall and they'll just have a "meh" attitude about it.

I think here people assume that's what the liberals want but generally think hunting rifles are a red line. I don't think we're all prepared for how permeable and unclear that red line actually is though.

CGN Regular
    Assembly of 1st nations just voted unanimously against bill C21
    https://www.thestar.com/politics/202...ty-rights.html

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Undergiver View Post
    In 2016 I applied to be a firearms Technician with the RCMP in Ottawa, I had interviews and a practical test on firearms. The test consisted of naming different types of actions and pictures of various firearms and what classification it was, non-Restricted, restricted and prohibited. If the guy took the same test I did, there is no way he did not know the difference between the Mossberg 715 and an AR-15. I had the job, but I changed my mind and decided to stay in the Military and remain in Alberta.
    Thats the aptitude test. Once you get hired you get 'trained', where they show you pictures of firearms and ask you to apply the classification criteria,

Where the 100 multiple choice questions all go like this:

What kind of gun is this?

A) Whatever Murray Smith says it is.
    B) Whatever Murray Smith says it is.
    C) Whatever Murray Smith says it is.
    D) Whatever Murray Smith says it is.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Quote Originally Posted by mactroneng View Post
    According to his testimony in the federal cases, marketing is enough to make something a variant in the eyes of the RCMP.

A legal definition that specifically limits the decision to measurable, technical data would fix this.
    Well then if that's the case and his stance, hes a full blown radical DB MF. Because the Stag 10(est 2017) has never seen a deployment and is advertised as a "Hunting Rifle"

Advert
    https://youtube.com/shorts/pVD3OTS1rdM?feature=share

Like the 'legal definition" that the government "colluded" with the CFP to remove the "Canadian Law comments" and 're classify' the rifle as 'prohibited'
    Last edited by 1ABNDT; 12-11-2022 at 01:57 PM.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahpoint View Post
    Assembly of 1st nations just voted unanimously against bill C21
    https://www.thestar.com/politics/202...ty-rights.html
    And Jagmeet just said that he will not support infringement of treaty rights in context of C21.. it seems like our native brothers can save the day this time. We, gun owners, should become seriously involved politically. There's no chance to sway public opinion in our favor, so the only way to change the system is from within. And that involves NDP too, once Jagmeet is out of leadership position, there's a chance to turn NDP back into common sense lane.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by firebat View Post
    And Jagmeet just said that he will not support infringement of treaty rights in context of C21.. it seems like our native brothers can save the day this time. We, gun owners, should become seriously involved politically. There's no chance to sway public opinion in our favor, so the only way to change the system is from within. And that involves NDP too, once Jagmeet is out of leadership position, there's a chance to turn NDP back into common sense lane.
    Don't celebrate yet. There are 2 types of Canadians in the Liberal world, and one type has more rights than the other. Anyway, this is a useful gesture.
    Albertans to Trudeau: Don't piss down our backs and call it rainwater!

Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    Don't celebrate yet. There are 2 types of Canadians in the Liberal world, and one type has more rights than the other. Anyway, this is a useful gesture.
    I agree, and the only reason that they can treat us like trash is because we are not involved in politics in a meaningful way. We have some traction in CPC camp but it's not enough. NDP should be brought on board as well, their membership is not huge in numbers and they already have a significant pro-gun base that we can work with. That was kinda an eye opener for me, but leftists are not necessary anti-gun, there are a lot of pro gun people there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    Where the 100 multiple choice questions all go like this:

What kind of gun is this?

A) Whatever Murray Smith says it is.
    B) Whatever Murray Smith says it is.
    C) Whatever Murray Smith says it is.
    D) Whatever Murray Smith says it is.
    Too funny!
    CCFR Member

CGN frequent flyer
    Trudeau will backtrack on 10% and grab the other 90%. Black scary rifles are not safe.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Undergiver's Avatar
    Today on Question period Don Iverson from the National Post said that people in Toronto wouldn't know the difference between a Remington shotgun and a Remington typewriter. All they hear is gun control so they agree with it. Would have been nice though if Jugmeet was asked if he would or would not support C-21.
    UCP member
    CPC member