Page 26 of 174 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222324252627282930313233343646 ... LastLast

Thread: Amendment G4 to Bill C-21 is sweeping ban on semi auto shotguns AND rifles

They are coming for our guns

Uber Super GunNutz Journeyman.ca's Avatar
    When I was very very young I thought this was a democratic country, boy was I wrong. And I stayed just a little too long…nothing left to do, but stay, stand up, and fight.
    I support CGN, CSSA (Life), CCFR (Life), Canadian Retailers and Manufacturers. Advocate for your rights in Ottawa and stand against emotional legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by TBois View Post
    Surely there's some rich and very powerful gun owners in Canada....don't seem to hear much from them. We could really use some of that influence now.
    You don't become rich and powerful by caring about others.
    Quote Originally Posted by juliet lima
    I don't understand.
    Clearly, he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Desjard View Post
    Next will be lever guns

Then break actions

Then single shots.

Because the "well at least it's not my gun" crowd never understood what was in front of them.
    Next will be knives (think the UK). And then martial arts (think USSR). We are down the path well travelled by others before, so none of us here have any excuse to say "oh, we didn't know they will get that far". That's the whole reason why they are so obsessed in the US about any attempts to override the 2d. It's just knowing the history, nothing more, nothing less. Canada just had it easy for a while.

Hunters, target shooters or just free-minded people who likes firearms for what they look - we are ALL in the same boat. Watch the committee's proceedings if you have any doubts whom we are governed by https://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/Harmony/en...V2?fk=11908183. For God's sake, leave all the bickering and SUPPORT PP and conservatives, both now and in 2025. We might not have another shot at it, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by extrasauce View Post
    There is really no point following any of these ridiculous "laws" anymore, especially when the so-called "law-makers" break laws and commit ethics breaches on a daily basis.
    In police dramas, you often hear a character say a variation on "it isn't what you know, it's what you can prove."

Similarly, when it comes to evading consequences for committing crimes and breaches of ethics, it isn't about right and wrong, but rather what your status and connections allow you to get away with.

As Carlin once said: it's a big club, and we ain't in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by juliet lima
    I don't understand.
    Clearly, he doesn't.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ABNDT View Post
    Instead of wild speculations and fervor. Just watch, self explanatory really, they have a list but did not provide it to committee.

https://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/Harmony/en...21122/-1/38099
    From what I can gather they provided the list to committee but they can't talk about it yet?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soli View Post
    You don't become rich and powerful by caring about others.
    I would not generalize, generosity is a respectable fraction of doing ok
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

Armalytics
    @armalytics
    1/ After a preliminary search of the FRT, I have identified between 319 and 514 firearm models at risk of being prohibited.

Of these firearms, 185 to 370 are currently non-restricted.

Why the different numbers?
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Cory View Post
    My never registered semi autos collection value just jumped to $70,000 tax free on the streets.
    If I can't shoot them. Might as well get paid for them.
    If what is proposed, becomes law, and our prohibited long guns and handguns are of no value and cannot be sold, I am absolutely positive this will increase the number of illegal firearms on our street as elderly owners will likely not allow the guns to be “rounded up” by the authorities upon the owners death, instead the firearms will likely be part of an underground market created by the elderly owners prior to death
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    BAR, 7400 and other semi auto Remignton are.
    They meet the mag capacity requirements so look like they are safe for now.
    That's how I read it at least
    Last edited by FatCatsDad; 11-22-2022 at 11:06 PM.