Page 53 of 174 FirstFirst ... 334345464748495051525354555657585960616373 ... LastLast

Thread: Amendment G4 to Bill C-21 is sweeping ban on semi auto shotguns AND rifles

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex3dy View Post
    One of the first things that was done after taking office in 2015 was a fealty test for all charities, comply or loose your charitable tax status. Compliance was high and caused fundamental shifts in policies of their boards. If you want to support a charity working towards ends that accomplish the liberal agenda you may make new friends but you will not accomplish much on the gun front in this country.
    This is a very interesting post, thank you for the reminder because I do remember the Liberal "realignment" for charities.

When I first started on this idea of outreach in early 2015 I had contacted CMHA and had agreement in principle to work with the gun community on project(s) of mutual benefit. One condition that they set out for us was that they would not as an organization endorse gun ownership or any gun org taking a lead role in the project.

BUT!

If the project was mental health support for PTSD suffers among first responders and ex military it would have been hard for the Liberals to undermine that initiative. Keep in mind that this was when Harper was still PM and we could have put wheels on the bus even before Trudeau took office.

Anyways, I never thought that implementation was going to be easy and that there would be many rivers to cross but the goal was worth it. What I didn't anticipate is that a small group with big keyboards was going to make sure that the idea was still born.

Speaking of obstacles, in the USA the AFSP approached the NSSF for help and the latter is based at Sandy Hook. Let that sink in ..........
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Undergiver View Post
    There will be no compensation, not even the tax you paid. Canada is no longer a democratic country, it is run by far left nut jobs who only have contempt for legal gun owners and freedom loving Canadians.
    Federal budget - recent announcement that Liberals are funding 24 projects reference addictions with the princely sum of $15 million! Not long ago that would have been $500 million. The cupboard is bare.

Which leads me to the next point, the form of "compensation" for banned long guns hasn't been defined. My guess is that the Liberals are trying to make it tax credits instead of cash. Depending on your marginal tax rate you may get 1/3 or so of their published value. Bon appetite.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

CGN frequent flyer Iron Sighted's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by padawan View Post
    Eh ?

Those are already banned.
    Not truly in the sense that those of us that already own them can keep and use them, or at least so I thought until reading this new amendment, now I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    Unfortunately, correct.

Dig the holes, get the cattle cars ready, very few will fight this battle.

The rest will slather themselves in kerosene and, well history tells us what comes next.

Canadians are indoctrinated sheep!.......
    You know to be honest when I read more and more about how the NSSF in the USA is leveraging their alliance with unlikely partners to make positive progress against the anti gun movement and then read what many here write, I can't help conclude that the gun community here in Canada act like sheep as well.

Blind to new ideas and most excited when they are all lined up along the predictable paths that the Liberals have come to expect we will do on oder to implement their bread and butter wedge issue of gun control.

Wouldn't it put a stick in their spokes if we came out with something 180 degrees from what they expect?

But that will never happen. Baaa.

CGN Regular
    We can piss and moan, but ultimately what action needs to be taken to stop this Amendment in its tracks?

On ethnic you all better realize, all that has been posed in the 500 plus posts will at best only result in delay tactics, not a long term solution.

Next generations will have to live to watch their guns whittled away.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer polskiogorki's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DerWeißeWolf View Post
    We can piss and moan, but ultimately what action needs to be taken to stop this Amendment in its tracks?
    Honestly everyone knows, not many will say it on here though, and if they do mods will probably delete and report it.
    You truly don't know happiness until you have to unload your ammo delivery with a forklift ☺

For one idea see post 495.

Shift in thinking, hard work sustained over many years, changed image for the gun community, working together to leverage our strengths, orgs setting said etheir differences to fulfil their obligations to gun owners etc.

Not much really ..........

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    -vote in the next election
    -don't proactively turn anything in

99% some form of this amendment is coming in and likely soon
    HOPEFULLY a different gov would roll some of it back
    The best time to buy a gun was 40 years ago, the second best time is today.

Quote Originally Posted by polskiogorki View Post
    Honestly everyone knows, not many will say it on here though, and if they do mods will probably delete and report it.

I personally don't think that your idea of starting a lemonade stand with the proceeds going to legal battles with the government of Canada is necessarily a bad one.