Page 57 of 174 FirstFirst ... 374749505152535455565758596061626364656777 ... LastLast

Thread: Amendment G4 to Bill C-21 is sweeping ban on semi auto shotguns AND rifles

Quote Originally Posted by FatCatsDad View Post
    Your gonna get taxes up the ass if you cashed your RRSP
    I was thinking the same...unless the 387K was in a TFSA...
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

CGN frequent flyer Overlander2018's Avatar
    Likely falling on deaf ears, but still wrote to the closest NDP MP.
    Dear Mr. Cannings,

I am contacting you as a concerned resident of the South Okanagan. This morning, I was informed that a new amendment was added to bill C21 in committee, defining all semi-automatic firearms capable of having a detachable magazine as "assault weapons" and adding them to the list of already banned sporting rifles. It was also said that another 400 rifles and shotguns that do not fit this description would also be banned.

I could write an essay on how unjust and useless this legislation will be, but I will spare you your time and give you point form questions/statements that I would like you to answer as the representative of the South Okanagan in Ottawa.

If the point of this legislation is to prevent mass shooting incidents, how can you support it knowing that the largest mass shooting in our history (Nova Scotia) was perpetrated by an unlicensed individual with illegal firearms smuggled across the Canada/U.S border? This legislation would not have stopped that event, and will cost taxpayers billions.

Canadians have had the freedom to own semi-automatic firearms since their invention over 100 years ago. What makes today a good time to strip that freedom when the licensed individuals who own them are by far the most vetted group in Canadian history? As a licensed individual, I am subject to a criminal record check every 24h by the RCMP system.

If you support safe and well-regulated access to cannabis to prevent crime driven by a black market, why do you not support safe and well-regulated access to semi-automatic rifles and handguns to prevent crime driven by a black market? This legislation will destroy the well-regulated portion of firearm ownership, thousands of firearms owners will not bother renewing their licenses, knowing they are a target of confiscation. The black market will grow exponentially.

With yesterdays added amendment, on top of the 2020 OIC ban and last month's Handgun Freeze, many licensed owners now have tens of thousands of dollars of frozen assets. Having one's assets frozen by your own government, when no crime has been committed, is a crime in itself.
    What if I had to liquidate these assets because of a family tragedy, loss of work, accident or whatever other reason? I do not have the ability to transfer or sell any of the targeted firearms in my possession, how can you support legislation that would hurt working class Canadians by freezing their assets?

I will leave it at that, and would greatly appreciate a thoughtful and well written response. I hope the NPD finds the common sense to block this legislation and go back to fighting for working class Canadians, instead of targeting them to appear "tough on crime".

Sincerely,
    Last edited by Overlander2018; 11-23-2022 at 04:28 PM.
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."

Quote Originally Posted by FatCatsDad View Post
    Your gonna get taxes up the ass if you cashed your RRSP
    It loses more buying power % due to inflation than I get in interest.
    So either way. I lose. Might as well put it into inflation free assets before the buying power chops it in half anyway.

Blaming fudds is a cop out- they've probably done just as much, if not more, to support gun rights as any other firearm owners. Fudds I know are members at ranges. Provide youth outreach to get kids involved in the safe operation of firearms, mentor hunters, provide space for boy scouts and girl guides. They are also members of gun organizations and active in politics. They have signed petitions at the range and penned letters to government officials. Sounds a lot healthier than those that go up the logging road, blast off a thousand rounds and leave their garbage behind for others (Fudds) to clean up.
    In my eyes everyone that owns a firearm and wants to keep it is on the same side. There's enough people on the other side so I don't see the point of making enemies out of fudds. If you're happy that a Fudd lost a gun why do you think he should care about yours? Going through the comments blaming a fudd is just about on par with blaming a liberal.
    You do you and blame who you want, it just seems very shortsighted to me.

Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    I was thinking the same...unless the 387K was in a TFSA...
    Not all of my $ is kept in rrsp. Less than half.

Quote Originally Posted by trucker60 View Post
    Blaming fudds is a cop out- they've probably done just as much, if not more, to support gun rights as any other firearm owners. Fudds I know are members at ranges. Provide youth outreach to get kids involved in the safe operation of firearms, mentor hunters, provide space for boy scouts and girl guides. They are also members of gun organizations and active in politics. They have signed petitions at the range and penned letters to government officials. Sounds a lot healthier than those that go up the logging road, blast off a thousand rounds and leave their garbage behind for others (Fudds) to clean up.
    In my eyes everyone that owns a firearm and wants to keep it is on the same side. There's enough people on the other side so I don't see the point of making enemies out of fudds. If you're happy that a Fudd lost a gun why do you think he should care about yours? Going through the comments blaming a fudd is just about on par with blaming a liberal.
    You do you and blame who you want, it just seems very shortsighted to me.
    That is the problem. Sure, they may "have" done stuff, but if it doesn't affect them, they don't care. Oh I don't care for ARs so I'm going to do nothing, cannot hunt with a pistol, no point of having them. I noticed them coming out of the wood works, after 12GA may be affected in the OIC, now their semi autos. I'm sure you are going to see alot of older people eyes opened.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer randyhub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Cory View Post
    Not all of my $ is kept in rrsp. Less than half.
    We have very little left in Mutual Funds, moved as much as we can to GICs and TFSAs. I suggest you start saving cash, and stocking up. I want to buy something an hour away from the city, as controlling concentrated masses is far easier. I am thankful my adult kids know what is coming.
    Last edited by randyhub; 11-23-2022 at 07:25 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer infidel29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    And yet there are still hundreds of thousands of gun owners who vote liberal, hundreds of thousands of gun owners who want to play nice, call themselves law abiding, and continuously try to jump through the governments hopes. Even today, a thousand people will call the CFP and ask for a transfer number to sell their 'non-restricted' property. Hundreds of people will phone for an ATT to take their mail to the post office. Someone will call the RCMP and ask them 'is this legal'.

The relentless political beatings levelled against gun owners every time the liberals have a bad news day will only stop when gun owners stop turning the other cheek.

Marijuana was illegal for 80 years. Millions of Canadians smoked it openly, including having protests on parliament hill. Marijuana is now legal.
    Prostitution was illegal for 100 years. Prostitutes could be seen on street corners in every major city and openly defied police. Prostitution is now legal.
    Sodomy used to be illegal since confederation. Both hetero and gay couples did what they wanted, and cared not for what the law said. Sodomy is now legal.
    Segregation used to be legal. People of 'colour' openly and bravely sat in 'whites only' areas, in courageous civil disobedience. Segregation has now been struck down as unconstition.

And on and on and on. Every single major civil rights victory of the last hundred years has come on the backs of people who simply refused to follow unjust laws.

Imagine a world where 2022 was the year gun owners said enough is enough. Imagine everyone stopped renewing their license. 400,000 licenses will expire this year and not be renewed. By 2027 there are no license holders left in Canada. The phones at the CFC are silent. No one asking for ATTs. No one calling the SFSS for opinions about whats classified as what. The CFOs twittle their thumbs because no one needs an ATT.

Every business in Canada lets their license lapse, but continues to sell whatever firearms they can smuggle into the country. People make and sell their own ammunition to their friends. Bootleggers looking to cater to the non violent grey market do fly by night operations. All Gun smiths pack their businesses up in mobile cube vans. The entire firearm industry goes grey. Not legal. But not criminally violent.

The government spends 200 million every year sustaining the Canadian Firearms Program which year after year does precisely nothing.

How long before the government repeals the firearms act in its entirety? Or the courts strike down those portions are utterly unenforceable and unworkable? or unconstitutional?

The government does not repeal legislation that people comply with. Compliance is always relied upon as proof of a program's success. Non-compliance, is the only thing that causes courts and governments to change direction.

This post is not legal advice. Just a history lesson.
    Not gonna lie, your post made me grin.
    Pump actions speak louder than words.

Do you remember how hard the Liberals fought to keep the registry?
    Now you know why. - Dexter Morgan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    And yet there are still hundreds of thousands of gun owners who vote liberal, hundreds of thousands of gun owners who want to play nice, call themselves law abiding, and continuously try to jump through the governments hopes. Even today, a thousand people will call the CFP and ask for a transfer number to sell their 'non-restricted' property. Hundreds of people will phone for an ATT to take their mail to the post office. Someone will call the RCMP and ask them 'is this legal'.

The relentless political beatings levelled against gun owners every time the liberals have a bad news day will only stop when gun owners stop turning the other cheek.

Marijuana was illegal for 80 years. Millions of Canadians smoked it openly, including having protests on parliament hill. Marijuana is now legal.
    Prostitution was illegal for 100 years. Prostitutes could be seen on street corners in every major city and openly defied police. Prostitution is now legal.
    Sodomy used to be illegal since confederation. Both hetero and gay couples did what they wanted, and cared not for what the law said. Sodomy is now legal.
    Segregation used to be legal. People of 'colour' openly and bravely sat in 'whites only' areas, in courageous civil disobedience. Segregation has now been struck down as unconstition.

And on and on and on. Every single major civil rights victory of the last hundred years has come on the backs of people who simply refused to follow unjust laws.

Imagine a world where 2022 was the year gun owners said enough is enough. Imagine everyone stopped renewing their license. 400,000 licenses will expire this year and not be renewed. By 2027 there are no license holders left in Canada. The phones at the CFC are silent. No one asking for ATTs. No one calling the SFSS for opinions about whats classified as what. The CFOs twittle their thumbs because no one needs an ATT.

Every business in Canada lets their license lapse, but continues to sell whatever firearms they can smuggle into the country. People make and sell their own ammunition to their friends. Bootleggers looking to cater to the non violent grey market do fly by night operations. All Gun smiths pack their businesses up in mobile cube vans. The entire firearm industry goes grey. Not legal. But not criminally violent.

The government spends 200 million every year sustaining the Canadian Firearms Program which year after year does precisely nothing.

How long before the government repeals the firearms act in its entirety? Or the courts strike down those portions are utterly unenforceable and unworkable? or unconstitutional?

The government does not repeal legislation that people comply with. Compliance is always relied upon as proof of a program's success. Non-compliance, is the only thing that causes courts and governments to change direction.

This post is not legal advice. Just a history lesson.
    some should re-read what you just posted ...

Quote Originally Posted by medvedqc View Post
    some should re-read what you just posted ...
    and then re read it once again and send it to read to all their contact list.