Page 59 of 174 FirstFirst ... 394951525354555657585960616263646566676979 ... LastLast

Thread: Amendment G4 to Bill C-21 is sweeping ban on semi auto shotguns AND rifles

Effectively nothing. Not saying they didn’t try or spend money fighting legally, but it all amounted to nothing in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by durtyhairy View Post
    Effectively nothing. Not saying they didn’t try or spend money fighting legally, but it all amounted to nothing in the end.
    This is all I’ve seen as well so is why I asked the question. A massive amount of money is being funnels into these organizations for absolutely no results. They couldn’t even fight the 10/22 magazine ban. It’s ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Len One O View Post
    What have the gun orgs done for us? This is a serious question. After being donated hundreds of thousands of dollars what have they actually done?
    Paid themselves huge annual salaries.

I too have donated and belong to a couple of them.

It would appear sweet f@ck all has happened!

At least we do not need to worry about the 25 round Butler Creek Ruger 10/22 banana magazine now. I'm certain the 10/22 is banned as well.

So yes, what has the gun orgs done. Definitely not effective in protecting our shooting sports rights or anything else from what it looks.

It's hard not to be sinical in these screwed up Liberal draconian times we are experiencing.........
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    Paid themselves huge annual salaries.

I too have donated and belong to a couple of them.

It would appear sweet f@ck all has happened!

At least we do not need to worry about the 25 round Butler Creek Ruger 10/22 banana magazine now. I'm certain the 10/22 is banned as well.

So yes, what has the gun orgs done. Definitely not effective in protecting our shooting sports rights or anything else from what it looks.

It's hard not to be sinical in these screwed up Liberal draconian times we are experiencing.........
    It's a logical falicy.

By the same logic without the orgs work, the bans may have been law already and broader.

You can't say they did nothing, because you haven't seen the outcome had they not existed.

Or had they had more support, more vollenteers, and more funding they might have done more.... you can't say either way.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Watch P.P. get in and screw us like we've never been screwed before. After all, he's promised us zip!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    I swear that I saw the phrase "capable of holding 5 rounds", which is why I formed the conclusion that I did. I would certainly be happy to be wrong here but as the SKS is already explicitly named, and so is the M4 with a tubular magazine restricted to 5, it makes me wonder...
    i haven't seen anything official where it is named - just a lot of people "interpreting" the actual text. If you've got a source then I'd be super grateful to see the named list. Remember same same people tried to stoke "the fuds" up about shotguns all being made illegal as being too big a barrel size about a year back - is why I like to see the text for myself now.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by trebor2880 View Post
    Watch P.P. get in and screw us like we've never been screwed before. After all, he's promised us zip!
    He won't even get the chance until late 2025. Its basically irrelevant at this stage.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by linux99 View Post
    i haven't seen anything official where it is named - just a lot of people "interpreting" the actual text. If you've got a source then I'd be super grateful to see the named list. Remember same same people tried to stoke "the fuds" up about shotguns all being made illegal as being too big a barrel size about a year back - is why I like to see the text for myself now.
    Because they did ban the shotguns. This new amendment will codify a work around to not ban what they accidentally banned previously. The rcmp interpretation isn't law. The OIC is. So bill c 21 will have that rectified by codifying the measurement point ahead of the choke.

Can NR centerfire rifles still be used at a range or crown land?

Really looks good on all the people who voted
    NDP, if wasn't for you, this wouldn't be happening!