Page 67 of 174 FirstFirst ... 475759606162636465666768697071727374757787 ... LastLast

Thread: Amendment G4 to Bill C-21 is sweeping ban on semi auto shotguns AND rifles

Ok so what I read was correct. I don’t think the CCFR is off with the list but I hope they are wrong. Really really really wrong.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yachtsman View Post
    CBC was discussing school violence on today's radio. They played six recordings, three stabbing incidents and then play the same single shooting incident from three different sources. If someone did not know the truth, they would been led to believe there was three school stabbings and three school shootings. The national dark arts at work.
    Complaints to the dark arts of Global News and the Star have netted similar responses. To paraphrase: "We know that we are not accurate in our depiction of the facts but the end justifies the means if it helps promote gun control".
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

CGN Ultra frequent flyer handofzeus's Avatar
    We are not alone. A little brightness in my day yesterday, Bumped into a large group of folks of who some are personal friends and of course the topic was the infuriation over the latest gub'mint idiocy. The interesting aspect of the gathering was that these guys and couple ladies, were ALL LEOs and/or local military. I had to give my two cents of course as I knew a couple of them but WOW. Refreshing to hear of the absolute loathing that all these good folks had toward what is going on. I already knew THIS particular tidbit from someone else but it was mentioned again that even members of the Turds security detail can't stand the sight of him. Not much comfort in these times but at least the wool hasn't been pulled over everyone's eyes. Another thing that was agreed on was that Canada's future as a sovereign nation is more at risk from forces within its own government than the obvious puppetmasters abroad, (WEF, UN, etc). Stay safe people, and watch your six.
    Canada ended when Trudeau began.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer steamy teabag's Avatar
    Liberals are not only attacking owners but retailers.
    luceo non uro
    Canadians have (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof.

Never in doubt, seldom correct.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ElonJL View Post
    Where did this info come from?
    Banning the files used to "create" firearms would ban the commercial production of firearms in Canada, as well as banning Canadian citizens from bringing to life new firearms platforms or versions of platforms already existing other than as a thought or idea. Put aside the attack on law abiding citizens that bill C-21 constitutes and think about the damage an amendment like that would cause.
    Not being able to turn an idea into a CAD drawing or the likes would definitely seem to be flirting with thought control. Although people more educated than me may disagree.
    Yah i noticed that too because i created my own wildcat cartridge with matching ar10 receiver sets and mag in cad for one of my final projects at college back in 2020. The ar ban prevented me from 3d printing them to check fit up and now this new ban could land me in jail for having those cad files on my laptop. Pretty sad country we live in

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ElonJL View Post
    Where did this info come from?
    Banning the files used to "create" firearms would ban the commercial production of firearms in Canada, as well as banning Canadian citizens from bringing to life new firearms platforms or versions of platforms already existing other than as a thought or idea. Put aside the attack on law abiding citizens that bill C-21 constitutes and think about the damage an amendment like that would cause.
    Not being able to turn an idea into a CAD drawing or the likes would definitely seem to be flirting with thought control. Although people more educated than me may disagree.
    Deleted
    Last edited by Beeron; 03-09-2023 at 05:00 PM.
    *FAIR WARNING* I LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR ALL TRANSACTIONS AND I EXPECT THE SAME.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    By law, an amendment to a bill cannot change the intent, principle or scope of that bill.

This does.

It should have immediately been deemed inadmissible/out of order by the committee chair.

But, he's a Liberal and they have no ethics or respect for the laws of this country.
    Member: CSSA

What am I thinking........? If I wanted you to know, I'd be talking!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    Your post assumes that nothing has been tried before now.

I fully support any and all non violent and lawful means for effecting desireable change. I especially support doing those things first.

As in any self defense scenario, there is a time for fact finding a time for negotiation, and if the attacker persists a time will come when you repel force with force.

As in this situation how far we must go to preserve our freedom, integrity, and the moral high ground depends not on us but on how long the trangressors persist un their unconstitutional and undemocratic attack against our community.

You can say this isnt Iran all you want to. People with their head in the sand often deny the reality of their situation and comfort themselves with nostalgic rememberances of a past time, past values, that may not ever have existed.

Any student of history can easily study the worst tyrranical regimes of the 20th century, and look at the road that got them there, and look at the world today and make fair comparisons.

It confounds me that any poster might have a good grasp of reality but then still have hope in democratic institutions that are literally failing all around us.

Nowhere does my post state that nothing has been done before, quite the contrary. And this is reinforced by several posts in this thread that remind people who can read that we continue to follow the same tired script, "do things" and then express dismay that nothing changes.

And as far as you other post telling me to quit the fear mongering, I take my counsel from the tragedy of Rodger Kotanko and from others who have been financially ruined by relentless prosecution. These were all well published and intended to serve as a warning. It's unfortunate that you were not aware of them.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

I wonder if this legislation has something to do with the convoy protests? It would seem that the powers that be are very scared of civil unrest. This is what spurred the original round of gun control back in the 90s, the Oka Crisis. They contemplated bringing the army in to deal with them. And the resident Ottawa bugmen on this forum were very perturbed by the protests. This could also signal what they have in store for us in the near future (more lockdowns or worse...)

Food for thought.
    "C-68 has little to do with gun control or crime control, but it is the first step necessary to begin the social re-engineering of Canada. "— Liberal senator Sharon Carstairs, 1996.

CSSA / NFA Proud member.

"(g) a firearm that is a rifle or shotgun, that is capable of discharging centre-fire ammunition in a semi-automatic manner and that is designed to accept a detachable cartridge magazine with a capacity greater than five cartridges of the type for which the firearm was originally designed"

A current fact is that no one has yet been able to definitively and precisely explain what this means, what the government intended it to mean, or how it will be interpreted by the courts and applied if it comes into effect. We simply do not yet know what the complete "list" is.