Page 88 of 174 FirstFirst ... 6878808182838485868788899091929394959698108 ... LastLast

Thread: Amendment G4 to Bill C-21 is sweeping ban on semi auto shotguns AND rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Undergiver View Post
    AFAIK, the list did not have the AG42, Garand, SVT-40 and Mausers on it. I could be wrong though.
    AG42 - Section 177
    Garand - Section 226
    SVT - Section 221
    Mausers ("1908 Brazilian" and "Mauser Sporter") - z. 0648 (page 301).

Quote Originally Posted by Undergiver View Post
    AFAIK, the list did not have the AG42, Garand, SVT-40 and Mausers on it. I could be wrong though.
    You are correct...the original Polys' list was more modern sporters/PCCs with the exception of the SKS, which seems to be always on their list. So I am sure the Liberals used the Polys' list as a framework and then worked backwards to add other stuff which leads to the Liberals' current amendment list.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck44's Avatar
    If and when C21 and the amendments go through I have to ask the following question. Why would we care about magazine limits? I ask because in a very large part of Canada I suspect these new laws will, most certainly be ignored by some active members of the shooting public.
    I am not suggesting it is a good idea but if you are in for a penny you are in for a dollar.

Take Care

Bob
    A recent study has shown 1 out of 3 liberals are as stupid as the other 2.
    "If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Suffer the fools with grace...God made enough of them

Garands are on the list.... and Ruger No 1.... wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck44 View Post
    If and when C21 and the amendments go through I have to ask the following question. Why would we care about magazine limits? I ask because in a very large part of Canada I suspect these new laws will, most certainly be ignored by some active members of the shooting public.
    I am not suggesting it is a good idea but if you are in for a penny you are in for a dollar.

Take Care

Bob
    When they've taken away any and all incentive to follow the law... well there you have it
    Forfeit your arms today and surrender your life tomorrow.

CCFR

BANNED
    Who could've seen this coming!

Oh wait everyone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Buck1950's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibal.black98 View Post
    I just wanted to REPEAT the link to the PDF of the "Current" (who knows if it's FINAL?) LISTING. In case you don't know, you can search the PDF doc for your brand/model with the hourglass in the upper left of the frame. I was lucky only to read 'back' 5-6 pages to find that link. POST # 798
    Thanks much, hannibal ;-0

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Wonder if there's a way to find out what guns they are proposing on this list have been used in Canada in a crime.
    Ruger #1... doubt it, so why ban it ?

Last edited by Kremator; 07-18-2023 at 02:39 PM.

There's no point going through the list to see if your favourite rifle is on it. The end game is total civil disarmament. If it ain't on today's list, it will be on the next one.