Page 94 of 174 FirstFirst ... 74848687888990919293949596979899100101102104114 ... LastLast

Thread: Amendment G4 to Bill C-21 is sweeping ban on semi auto shotguns AND rifles

Quote Originally Posted by bnichols View Post
    We're ignoring the solution.

Lose the present government, let the incoming government know the terms.

Edited to add: Sorry to have to say this, but aim where prey is going, not where it is.
    Very well said.
    “Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.” Sun Tzu, Art of War 475-221 B.C.

Quote Originally Posted by schwyl View Post
    No I didn't miss the point. Firearms in Canada are all prohibited for citizens to have. The government allows citizens to have firearms until the Government decides they shouldn't.
    This is simply not the case.
    “Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.” Sun Tzu, Art of War 475-221 B.C.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    So we let them ban everything, and in 3 years hope the CPC can win?

Nope. Can't let it wait that long. We need to act now.

Mendicino has stated in an interview yesterday that the buyback will be based on the new definition of prohibited firearm, which would mean compensation for all these guns. IMO, that is our best angle to fight this. The Fraser Institute has projected a $2-5B cost to the OIC buyback, and that doesn't include the money spent on the guns themselves. The scope of the buyback just got way bigger, and the cost for the guns themselves just went up by a huge margin (likely multiple fold). This will easily balloon to over $10B by the time it is all over. The Canadian Taxpayer Federation is already telling people the buyback is a waste of money. So are many police chiefs, police unions, etc. The LGR died because it was a collosal waste of money.

If we can convince the general public that this is a $10B piece of security theatre designed to buy votes in Urban areas with taxpayer dollars, I think we might have a chance. Many Canadians don't give a #### about guns, and thus complaining about them taking our guns isn't going to appeal to them. Most Canadians do care about money though, and I think that is going to be the best way to get the non-gun-owning public on our side with this.
    100% correct. Canadians that don’t give a #### about our guns need to understand that the 10 billion this would cost could actually be spent on healthcare, housing or other real issues.

Having said that if they aren’t going to compensate than I guess we don’t have that argument.

It looks like some of the guns I inherited are on that list.

That doesn't make me happy

Quote Originally Posted by schwyl View Post
    No I didn't miss the point. Firearms in Canada are all prohibited for citizens to have. The government allows citizens to have firearms until the Government decides they shouldn't.
    Well... I think you missed it again. Your talking about permission to own until its revoked. I'm saying they stated that we don't own them at all. Anyway, not looking to argue with one of our own, cheers to you. I did want to pass on some interesting statements from today 'proceedings'.
    Victory Formation

"Somebody get a gun and shoot it! Doesn't anybody have a gun?" Jaws 1975
    A society grows great when men plant trees in whose shade they know they shall never sit.

CGN Regular
    Can someone confirm if valmets are now banned as well? Or would they still be exempted due to previous legislation?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    100% correct. Canadians that don’t give a #### about our guns need to understand that the 10 billion this would cost could actually be spent on healthcare, housing or other real issues.

Having said that if they aren’t going to compensate than I guess we don’t have that argument.
    They said compensation would be based on the new Prohibited Firearm definition like yesterday. Thus, they are claiming there will be compensation. Whether or not we believe them is irrelevant, all that matters is they are claiming they are going to do it, which means we can use that claim to our advantage.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Regular
    They said compensation would be based on the new Prohibited Firearm definition like yesterday. Thus, they are claiming there will be compensation. Whether or not we believe them is irrelevant, all that matters is they are claiming they are going to do it, which means we can use that claim to our advantage.
    Well hopefully people that are waiting for an mri or an operation, or that can’t afford rent ,gas, food or heat right now recognize this.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leverboy View Post
    Not sure why they didn't ban the .50BMG by calibre instead of that silly power factor which wraps up some really expensive dangerous game guns... As someone stated previously, they will anger some rich guys with that one. Semiautos are banned. Everyone can stop wasting time studying the list, because if yours isn't on it it is only because they forgot it this time. OIC guns seem to all be on here too, so no more buyback and no more safe queens. Prohibited. Hand them over. Look at all the money they just saved the taxpayer...

It feels like the agenda has been fast-tracked. When crime still goes up the rest of centerfire rifles will be next... Try to stop thinking logically. This is agenda driven, and it is global in scope.
    Global in scale?

WEF in action?

UN driven?

Whatever lead you to that silly conspiracy theory?

https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelo...lopment-goals/

Gee, "..... 5th anniversary of the adoption of the Sustainable Development Goals ...." That seems to tie in nicely when things started to reach the "Hey, wait a minute" stage?
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

So typically when the govt buys back guns do they offer a fair price? has the Canadian govt ever bought guns back in the past? if so how did it go?

Part of me thinks they wont be able to convince the general public that the 10B$ cost is justified when we can barely keep our medical system going - and for what? keep a bunch of hunter/sporter people home on the weekend?

everyone knows this will have zero impact on public safety - or at least they should know.

None of this makes any sense what-so-ever...