Page 95 of 174 FirstFirst ... 758587888990919293949596979899100101102103105115 ... LastLast

Thread: Amendment G4 to Bill C-21 is sweeping ban on semi auto shotguns AND rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Nibe View Post
    They close the ranges and shut the retail outlets down. Game over.
    No no no it only means shooting in a discreet place and sourcing your guns and ammo from the black market. Lol sorry it has to be said you wanna know what changed in my live with there fake pandemic sweet #### all changed I visited with friends I ate in restaurants as my favourite places never asked my medical status cause they were told straight up non ya damn bussiness and they agreed. See up here in the north we do things quite a bit differently than folks in the big cities

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clean View Post
    So typically when the govt buys back guns do they offer a fair price? has the Canadian govt ever bought guns back in the past? if so how did it go?

Part of me thinks they wont be able to convince the general public that the 10B$ cost is justified when we can barely keep our medical system going - and for what? keep a bunch of hunter/sporter people home on the weekend?

everyone knows this will have zero impact on public safety - or at least they should know.

None of this makes any sense what-so-ever...
    It makes sense from two perspectives. If you're conspiracy-theory-inclined, then they need to disarm the civilians so they can do whatever they want without an armed resistance. If you're not conspiracy-theory-inclined, its security theatre meant to win over voters in urban areas. Either way though, its a waste of money and the goal is political gains not public safety.
    Last edited by Suther; 11-24-2022 at 07:54 PM.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CosmiC10R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    It makes sense from two perspectives. If you're conspiracy-inclined, then they need to disarm the civilians so they can do whatever they want without an armed resistance. If you're not conspiracy-inclined, its security theatre meant to win over voters in urban areas. Either way though, its a waste of money and the goal is political gains not public safety.
    Well said and sometimes two things can be true simultaneously...
    It's not about money.... It's about sending a message...
    Member - NRA (Bloomie made me do it ) - CCFR - NFA - CPC
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

It makes sense from two perspectives. If you're conspiracy-inclined, then they need to disarm the civilians so they can do whatever they want without an armed resistance. If you're not conspiracy-inclined, its security theatre meant to win over voters in urban areas. Either way though, its a waste of money and the goal is political gains not public safety.
    True. I think its a risky tactic to buy votes with a 10B$ price tag when the problem its proposing to solve does not exist in the first place.

How dumb do they think people are? hopefully the conservative leaders will be able to clearly lay these facts out for the general public.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bogusiii's Avatar
    The government using legislation for a self serving purpose quite at odds with its stated purpose is a conspiracy. So you agree it's a conspiracy either way?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CosmiC10R's Avatar
    True. I think its a risky tactic to buy votes with a 10B$ price tag when the problem its proposing to solve does not exist in the first place.

How dumb do they think people are? hopefully the conservative leaders will be able to clearly lay these facts out for the general public.
    Very and the general population seems disinterested in proving them wrong...
    It's not about money.... It's about sending a message...
    Member - NRA (Bloomie made me do it ) - CCFR - NFA - CPC
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer polskiogorki's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by themarauder View Post
    I rather wonder if this and other statements indicating possible illegal actions to come from firearms owners are just the reason for the recent rash of gun laws. Liberals just looking for something to point out how evil and violent those gun owners are to use an excuse for further actions by the state.

This government is the biggest bunch of criminals I have ever seen. If they don't care about following the law why should you. They rob you until you can't afford groceries or to heat your house, then they take your legally acquired possessions.
    Fuk them.
    Last edited by polskiogorki; 11-24-2022 at 08:23 PM.
    You truly don't know happiness until you have to unload your ammo delivery with a forklift ☺

...Part of me thinks they wont be able to convince the general public that the 10B$ cost is justified when we can barely keep our medical system going - and for what? keep a bunch of hunter/sporter people home on the weekend? ...
    Two years ago this 10B figure would not have gone unnoticed, but after the gov't spending like a bunch of drunkards (no offense Billy Booze) during the Covid era, many people probably won't flinch at that rookie amount...especially "if it safes just one life".
    " ...DON'T BLAME ME, I DIDN'T VOTE FOR HIM ! " (2015, 2019, 2021)
    CPC Party, CCFR, Team Hipwell
    I WILL NOT COMPLY!
    (too old and ornary to bow to a useless, Liberal gov't)

Quote Originally Posted by Dynas View Post
    Can someone confirm if valmets are now banned as well? Or would they still be exempted due to previous legislation?
    This is a good question. The new list did not amend section 64 which explicitly exempts the Valmet Hunter and Valmet M78. Would the "semi-auto, centre-fire, detachble mag, >5 round" definition supersede that exemption?

CGN Regular
    So apparently the Brazilian 1908 Mauser is in the list.

Get stopped by a cop "Is that Mauser Brazilian you criminal scum?"

"Uhh...."

"You're under arrest!"

"No no sir!"

Points to tape with Chile written on it

"It's Chilean!"

"Is it? Okay, you aren't supposed to shoot here."