Page 96 of 174 FirstFirst ... 7686888990919293949596979899100101102103104106116 ... LastLast

Thread: Amendment G4 to Bill C-21 is sweeping ban on semi auto shotguns AND rifles

Quote Originally Posted by relayer1989 View Post
    This is a good question. The new list did not amend section 64 which explicitly exempts the Valmet Hunter and Valmet M78. Would the "semi-auto, centre-fire, detachble mag, >5 round" definition supersede that exemption?
    Yes the Valmets are in the new ban as well

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Midnight Rider's Avatar
    Ride out the storm as the government cannot seize what they do not know that you have. Most firearm owners realize that NR firearms do not have a paper trail , so they will just hunker down with the firearms that they own , and ride out the storm over the next couple of years until Trudeau is turfed from office . Trudeau can ban anything he wants , but the government has no idea of who owns what , or where it is.....just ride out the storm until the CPC is returned to office , and these bans are reversed .
    " SUPER BIKES RULE.....! " " Speed Costs....How Much Do You Want To Spend ! "

I'm young (70) and a hand gun owner. Not much use for rifles.

I used to have rifles back when there was a rifle registry but the registry is gone and rifles with it, sad to say

As I said, like hand guns. Bought a Sg P226 somethingorother because is was the most expensive handgun in the shop just before juniour blew his wad.

The problem with blowing your wad traditionally is you're defenseless.

So how exactly is juniour defending his position?
    Wad now going to the CPC rather than gun lobby groups. You can't fix stupid.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Benelli Super-Black Eagle is on the new banned list.

That is literally a duck-hunting shotgun if there ever was one.

Last edited by brettmt; 02-11-2024 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brettmt View Post
    Maybe all of the fudds on this forum will listen now, 1908 Brazilian Mauser is proposed to be banned, it was never just semi-automatics, it'll be everything eventually
    Many bolt guns made the list. First they came for the Automatics, then they came for the pocket pistols....next the semi's.... you know what's next.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    Benelli Super-Black Eagle is on the new banned list.
    No it isn't... its specifically listed as an exception.

On top of the big names highlighted in all the releases actually Reading through the entire PDF which lists everything they want to ban is a mind blowing experience. All the Type 81s, GSG-15 and 16, Chiappa M1-22, Bushmaster ACR … it’s a staggering ban. I’m willing to bet most folks are seeing almost their entire collection on the block. What an insane list, though It’s hard to look past that the SKS and SVT are on here.
    Last edited by estebanestrago; 11-24-2022 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    100% correct. Canadians that don’t give a #### about our guns need to understand that the 10 billion this would cost could actually be spent on healthcare, housing or other real issues.

Having said that if they aren’t going to compensate than I guess we don’t have that argument.
    I can agree that the cost implications can deter the Canadian populace from fully supporting C-21. However, the misgiving I have is that a probable alternative tact for the Liberals would be to grandfather the firearms, but only for possession. No selling, trading or range allowances. In effect, these firearms become largely permanent residents in gun safes, only leaving them for periodic cleaning and viewing.
    "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by deathpod View Post
    Yes the Valmets are in the new ban as well
    Nope. They're specifically excepted.