Page 39 of 174 FirstFirst ... 192931323334353637383940414243444546474959 ... LastLast

Thread: Amendment G4 to Bill C-21 is sweeping ban on semi auto shotguns AND rifles

Trudeau is also setting a wedge issue trap for the next election. He knows he is screwed so he is going to use what he knows best.

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Looks like this may also be an end-run around compensation previously announced
    Their attempt at. The judicial reviews for both bans should* also apply to this re: compensation.

The funny thing is….. I will get in trouble maybe even banned on this gun site for saying “FÙÙÜCK LIBERALS, NDP and TRUDEAU!!
    “Progressivism is the basterd child of Marxism”
    #FLUSHTHETURD
    #BANBILLBLAIR
    REGISTERED FIREARMS BELONG TO THE GOVERNMENT.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Trudeau is also setting a wedge issue trap for the next election. He knows he is screwed so he is going to use what he knows best.
    I figure he gonna call for the destruction. He needs at least 1 extreme gun related thing for next election.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsan12 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing watching it. No answers from the Libs..no idea how many firearms that will be prohibited with the new wording.
    it doesnt matter. nobody who votes for them cares. their voter base supports banning guns, a reason is not needed. Their feelz tell them its right. their voter base doesnt care about fairness or due process as long as they achieve the desired outcome.

the liberal wants the government to think for them, to tell them what to do. thats their mindset.

also the media sets the story straight, so it doesnt matter what they say in those "debates".

This is nothing but an attack on the heritage of firearms in Canada pure and simple. The goal will be so my son does not enjoy shooting with his children.
    Sure I could go out and send a bunch of letters but nobody gives a damn, look at the sound suppressor petition. I have a Conservative MP who I could complain to but he has responded back on similar issues of I agree but there is not much I can do with the Liberal/NDP agreement. The liberals obviously just don't need or want our vote and that's all there is to it.
    A liberal co worker of mine even agrees with what the Liberals are doing. He says "at least they are trying to do something"

I keep wanting them to just ban all semi auto shotguns so then the people who don't own those types of "bad" guns will actually say something. I live in an area where there are a lot of Duck hunting outfits and a lot of semi auto shotguns. Not a lot of people use models with removable magazines.

Everyone says they are idiots but Liberals know what they are doing and probably don't want their vote either.
    “Don’t sell your guns, they just turn into money and disappear.”
    - An actual quote from my loving wife -

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNZ View Post
    I'm under the impression that the "list" on the CFRA site is just an example of some of the firearms that would be prohibited under this amendment to Bill C21. It is certainly not a complete list. The new amendment would prohibit ANY semi-auto firearm that has a detachable magazine that can was originally designed to hold more than 5 rounds. This would represent a a near complete ban on all semi-auto firearms within Canada. Perhaps a few semi-autos with internal box mags designed for fewer than 5 rounds would survive, but not much else.
    I agree...and whether there is a list or not, the Polys have made it clear to PS that post 2020 OIC there were additional models that they want banned and they sent a pictorial to PS earlier this year with their wish list...of course everything on it was black and even the SKS on it had the "tacticool" tapco furniture. If they keep on a list, they won't be able to keep up with manufacturers releasing new models...hence they are banning based on function (ie. semi auto centerfire with detach mag) though the inclusion of the GSG16 and the M4 tells me that the criteria is a lot wider than that.

Sadly if this all goes through that is literally 95% of my collection turned into safe queens, and 75% of my ammunition stockpile rendered useless.

I never thought that the day would come in my life where I am ashamed to call myself a Canadian. Trudeau and his supporters have just eroded any semblance of pride I have left in wearing the maple leaf.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

You have to wonder why the government is banning rifles and shotguns so aggressively, but not handguns, when handguns are used in the majority of gun crime. (FYI: I'm not advocating a handgun ban either).

I think it's because citizens can fight a corrupt, authoritarian government more effectively with rifles and shotguns than they can with handguns.

Makes you wonder what else Trudeau and his gang have planned.

Quote Originally Posted by I Dont Care About You View Post
    While the magazine can come out of an SKS, it is not a detachable magazine. It cannot be loaded and then inserted into the rifle.
    Agreed, but the Poly's pictorial wish list sent to PS earlier this year showed an SKS with Tapco stock and detachable mag. That is the basis they are using for these things... I don't think the government cares about technical details...
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Quote Originally Posted by Baitcaster View Post
    You have to wonder why the government is banning rifles and shotguns so aggressively, but not handguns, when handguns are used in the majority of gun crime. (FYI: I'm not advocating a handgun ban either).

I think it's because citizens can fight a corrupt, authoritarian government more effectively with rifles and shotguns than they can with handguns.

Makes you wonder what else Trudeau and his gang have planned.
    My thoughts exactly. Like why not just prohibit all HG's... Instead they want to prohibit semi-auto shotguns?
    "Men don't follow titles. They follow courage."
    William Wallace