Page 161 of 174 FirstFirst ... 141151153154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168169171 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1738

Thread: Amendment G4 to Bill C-21 is sweeping ban on semi auto shotguns AND rifles

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacotsmith View Post
    Um, did you miss that whole episode in Ottawa less than a year ago? You know, where members from LEAs across the country (and some speculate from beyond) were flown in to trample disabled indigenous grandmothers? I’m friends with lots of cops, but the precedent has been set.
    They were salivating to get the chance and would love to do it again.
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by medvedqc View Post
    trust me there is always a way to put millions of people in jail ...
    Without our modern technology, our own government rounded up Canadian Citizens of Japanese or Italian descent and put them into prisoner camps. Imagine how easily that would happen now with computers and mobile data transfer equipment.

And I'm sure they'll find some better way than Zyklone B to help us "shower".
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVoid View Post
    Since High River, Nova Scotia and go check photos from truckers' protest. They were threatening people with AR15 pointing them in people faces. Beating people with long sticks. Smashing windows in the cars.

Whatever RCMP was 20 years ago is gone. Jackbooted thugs they are now.
    Wait a minute. Now we're both morons who are too stupid or young to own guns.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrock View Post
    Wait a minute. Now we're both morons who are too stupid or young to own guns.

The answer lies in how you vote. Nowhere else. You and others watch way too much TV. Write like a child, think like a moron and you soon are recognized as both. We all know we have the Village idiot in the PM's office. Do something about it. Written your MP or Senator lately? Donated tax-deductible funds to the Conservatives. Are you a member of any of a number of Pro Gun Orgs? Helped out at your local range to bring young folks into the shooting sports.

Or are you here to insult men and women who keep some sort of order in our communities. High River was more a matter of miscommunication than anything else and the guns were returned to the owners. As far as I know no one in High River disappeared into the night never to be seen again or is your "intel" different. BTW without going to google do you know what a "Jack Boot" is? No, I thought not. The odd thing about the internet is anyone with a laptop can one finger type himself into an Alpha Male ready to jump in and save the country from its moral morass.

In the meantime, blue suited lawyers, well heeled elitists along with a majority of disinterested fellow Canadians are in the process of legally removing your ability to own guns by using laws, as opposed to whelping on about rights that don't and have never existed in Canada. Up until recently we could legally owned guns but we never ever have had the "right" to do so. There is a difference

Take Care

Bob.
    A recent study has shown 1 out of 3 liberals are as stupid as the other 2.
    "If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Suffer the fools with grace...God made enough of them

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    Last edited by BlackVoid; 12-02-2022 at 02:08 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ruger007's Avatar
    Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for writing to me on this important issue.

Since the Liberals introduced this last-minute change to their firearms bill — introduced without our knowledge or consent — many hunters have raised concerns regarding the potential impact of these changes. We are taking these concerns very seriously and are pressing the government for clarity on how this will impact hunters. The goal of this legislation was to get dangerous handguns off our streets, not criminalize hunters. We are pressing the Liberals to ensure that hunters, farmers and Indigenous people are not targeted by these changes. We will not support amendments to the Bill that ban guns primarily used for hunting or protecting farm animals from predators. We will not support amendments to the Bill that do not respect treaty rights and the rights of Indigenous people.

I recently met with the Nanaimo Fish and Game Club and the Gabriola Rod, Gun & Conservation Club to hear their concerns and I will continue to listen to all local stakeholders on this issue.

There is still time to do this right and you can rest assured that your concerns will inform our actions on this important legislation.

Thank you for writing.

Sincerely,

Lisa Marie Barron

NDP Nanaimo-Ladysmith
    Last edited by Ruger007; 12-01-2022 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Added riding
    You meet the nicest people on a Honda!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar

BANNED
    Might be a dumb question here, but how much warning will we get, before this new range of prohibitions takes effect? Is there a firm date or procedural timeline for this to actually go through, or is it a case where one day soon out of the blue, they will announce that sales and transfers are halted?

Reason being, I'm definitely buying an X95, but $2500 isn't just something I've got lying around or stuffed in a pocket or something, lol. How much time do we have to make essential moves here?

Quote Originally Posted by CoonT View Post
    Might be a dumb question here, but how much warning will we get, before this new range of prohibitions takes effect? Is there a firm date or procedural timeline for this to actually go through, or is it a case where one day soon out of the blue, they will announce that sales and transfers are halted?

Reason being, I'm definitely buying an X95, but $2500 isn't just something I've got lying around or stuffed in a pocket or something, lol. How much time do we have to make essential moves here?
    This is just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth...

I don't think they are going to OIC the G4 amendments listing, and here's why...

Anything they OIC can be reversed by the CPC if they get into power, bypassing the normal parliamentary process, just like the Liberals did.

The fact that the Liberals incorporated the original OIC list in this amendment for C21 indicates to me they are looking to enshrine this on a more permanent level that will require not just a CPC government to reverse it, but it will require a majority of the votes in the house to repeal it. As a result, I think that you will still have time to get that X95 (which by the way is a very solid choice - I am keeping mine till the day I die and they can bury me with it and smuggle it into my casket).

The Liberals want to play the long game and make it as difficult as possible to have the OIC guns and the amendment guns be available long term. Hence, they are now sneaking all this into C21, knowing they have the votes in the house and enough senate support for this to get to royal assent. When will that be? Some say maybe spring/summer next year, who knows. Now is the time to stock up on any guns you may want.

Now the other consideration is - can they enact a transfer freeze on all semi-autos or whatever else is on that G4 amendment? They certainly can and have shown that in the handgun freeze. But is it politically expedient to do so right now? Probably not. If there was a big news item with a mass shooting, then I would think the Liberals would leverage news events to bring down the freeze hammer - remember for these guys it is all about optics and purporting to "do something". It seems like many of these substantive gun control measures have always been enacted on the backs of a public tragedy (usually some mass shooting).
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck44's Avatar
    Let's not forget no legislation is. "Enshrined" as in it can't be recalled, reversed or amended. I
    Pierre just recently has said he will recall C21 if the Conservatives win the next election.
    I would also add, most of C21 that offends us as it relates to the use of our guns is largely unenforceable. In at least four jurisdictions it wont be. There is some hope on the horizon. Remember VOTE!

Take Care

Bob
    A recent study has shown 1 out of 3 liberals are as stupid as the other 2.
    "If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Suffer the fools with grace...God made enough of them