Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: Type 81 Special Edition -FINAL SHIPMENT-

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon957 View Post
    My question is, and not being a smart ass. What is the incentive to buy these at full price now, when they could be prohibited within days, weeks, or months and become a long term paperweight? If they were steeply discounted at under $1000 I would consider maybe taking my chances. I understand that TI may make less of a profit margin, but the real loser in this situation is the customer who has something they cannot use.
    The real issue is the new "not a registry" registry will leave a trail to who purchased these from the last two shipments. Meaning that you might own a traceable paper weight.

Uber Super GunNutz Mikehenrybell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingas View Post
    The real issue is the new "not a registry" registry will leave a trail to who purchased these from the last two shipments. Meaning that you might own a traceable paper weight.
    wrong, they don't know the item you ordered, no make&model or serial numbers for the police. it's just a transfer verification plus TI was also selling shotguns, if you ever get questioned you can just say you bought a double barrel shotgun and sold it online.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikehenrybell View Post
    wrong, they don't know the item you ordered, no make&model or serial numbers for the police. it's just a transfer verification plus TI was also selling shotguns, if you ever get questioned you can just say you bought a double barrel shotgun and sold it online.
    Wrong. The store has to retain all of the information in regards to the gun and who they sold it to. Personal transactions only require verification however.

Did this just get banned???

Quote Originally Posted by richmyster View Post
    Wrong. The store has to retain all of the information in regards to the gun and who they sold it to. Personal transactions only require verification however.
    Its a shame i suck at reloading, ended up blowing up all my guns with overloaded charge. Praise god i got away without any injury, shame about these soon to be prohibited guns tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1970
    My grandfather never worried about the dents in his mil-surps, he would say "that dent may be all that's left of some fellow's life."

I’d be in for a soon-to-be-prohib pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ced1942 View Post
    Its a shame i suck at reloading, ended up blowing up all my guns with overloaded charge. Praise god i got away without any injury, shame about these soon to be prohibited guns tho.
    That's a shame. I used mine as buoys for when I was diving this summer... turns out they didn't float though.

My question is, and not being a smart ass. What is the incentive to buy these at full price now, when they could be prohibited within days, weeks, or months and become a long term paperweight? If they were steeply discounted at under $1000 I would consider maybe taking my chances. I understand that TI may make less of a profit margin, but the real loser in this situation is the customer who has something they cannot use.
    Did you miss the handgun buying frenzy of the last 5 months? Those are soon to be paper weights too, but that didn't stop anyone.

The only difference here is that many are still recovering from their spending spree and don't have the funds to divert to this.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by richmyster View Post
    i moved 17 years ago to canada and they were ledger in any gunshop. still today ...

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    It would be untenable even for the Liberals to buy back basically all the semi-autos, would likely go down like how the pistols went, import and transfer ban, can keep/use what you have
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast