SOLD OUT: Type 81 Special Edition -FINAL SHIPMENT-

Shoot ! If it wasn't for that stupid ban all announcement I'd be getting on this train, I'm a believer of the T81 since I got my SR and would love a ###y T81 folder but high risk of throwing that money away give the garbage ban =\

It would be untenable even for the Liberals to buy back basically all the semi-autos, would likely go down like how the pistols went, import and transfer ban, can keep/use what you have

This is likely technically true, even at $400/each it would be half a billion to buy back the supply of SKS in the country. But if it goes like the OIC, then the vast majority of people are buying something thats not legal to remove from their safe. For the next 5 years. And can't see them putting a no-transfer limit on them (because they currently don't collect that info on P to P sales), because that doesn't get these dangerous weapons of wankage off the streets. Like everything the govt does, poorly thought out. Its a shame that every single person that buys one ends up selling it 3 days after it arrives. Just too hard to keep track of who has them...

As for the price, for anyone who thinks they are too expensive, wait until the deadline for c-21 approaches, maybe the price will drop. How did that work out for you with the short guns?

The fact that they added the SKS to the list basically confirms they will let us grandfather them. Or at least the probabilities will be high, especially after the recent handgun ban. Buy what you can folks.

Currently trying to offload my gen 2 WK to get a folder. I personally like the ergonomics of the Kodiak but the ammo is just so darn pricy these days.

The fact that they added the SKS to the list basically confirms they will let us grandfather them. Or at least the probabilities will be high, especially after the recent handgun ban. Buy what you can folks.

How does this lean towards grandfathering when the OIC is an outright ban, and many of the new additions to the c21 retardation is just filling the gaps. Unless they walk the OIC back to something like the short gun rules (which would make sense except they have no idea where these pews currently reside. So it would be difficult to reg them to a specific PAL).

The 81 is a solid gun, aside from the limited and/or expensive optics options. And its a little spendy to just go zapping a mauser side mount into the side of it (although that didn't stop me). Wish i had got on the SR train (so pretty), but now I'm thinking my LMG needs a folding buddy.

How does this lean towards grandfathering when the OIC is an outright ban, and many of the new additions to the c21 retardation is just filling the gaps. Unless they walk the OIC back to something like the short gun rules (which would make sense except they have no idea where these pews currently reside. So it would be difficult to reg them to a specific PAL).

The 81 is a solid gun, aside from the limited and/or expensive optics options. And its a little spendy to just go zapping a mauser side mount into the side of it (although that didn't stop me). Wish i had got on the SR train (so pretty), but now I'm thinking my LMG needs a folding buddy.

You can just buy an adapter and make the LMG into a folder.

wrong, they don't know the item you ordered, no make&model or serial numbers for the police. it's just a transfer verification plus TI was also selling shotguns, if you ever get questioned you can just say you bought a double barrel shotgun and sold it online.

False. Check the ledgers

False. Check the ledgers

Can you clarify? You mean for a sale from a dealer? Yes, they write down the gun and serial number (my LGS owner has such poor handwriting that its impossible to decipher what it says...).
But you could sell that gun on the private market, right after you got it. And technically you have to call in for a PAL confirmation for a gun you ate selling, in which case they aren't supposed to ask you any details about what gun that is (if they ask say buddy is just looking at a few of your different Cooeys). So they have zero ability to track where these guns are after the initial sale, nor do they have the capability or manpower to do so.

So technically TI does have a recording of what you bought when, but thats not a reliable record of where it is now (not that that would stop the rcmp from asking to look...)

Thankfully my wife won't read this forum. And you are missing the point...

I wrote it specifically for your wife. What is her email address? :dancingbanana:

I have a folder and while it looks cool, the fixed stocks SE and LMG are much more versatile to modify and have an excellent LOP for most people in factory configuration.

SKS on the list along with M1 Garand's, SVT-40's and Bolt action Mausers. I'm surprised 303 Lee Enfields are not on there.

Is there any exemption for Indigenous ? I heard a lot of first nations people use the SKS for hunting ?

From what I heard they are adding a clause to ban all Centerfire rifles that have detachable magazines regardless if their name is on the list or not.

Back
Top Bottom