Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: Type 81 Special Edition -FINAL SHIPMENT-

CGN Regular
    Shoot ! If it wasn't for that stupid ban all announcement I'd be getting on this train, I'm a believer of the T81 since I got my SR and would love a sexy T81 folder but high risk of throwing that money away give the garbage ban =\

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    No more Kobra red dots instock?
    you can find them on ee but not at the same price ...

That's a good thought. Plus trying to track down all of the non registered ones, it's merely impossible.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    It would be untenable even for the Liberals to buy back basically all the semi-autos, would likely go down like how the pistols went, import and transfer ban, can keep/use what you have
    This is likely technically true, even at $400/each it would be half a billion to buy back the supply of SKS in the country. But if it goes like the OIC, then the vast majority of people are buying something thats not legal to remove from their safe. For the next 5 years. And can't see them putting a no-transfer limit on them (because they currently don't collect that info on P to P sales), because that doesn't get these dangerous weapons of wankage off the streets. Like everything the govt does, poorly thought out. Its a shame that every single person that buys one ends up selling it 3 days after it arrives. Just too hard to keep track of who has them...

As for the price, for anyone who thinks they are too expensive, wait until the deadline for c-21 approaches, maybe the price will drop. How did that work out for you with the short guns?

I see prices going up or holding for T81. Sellers will be dumping higher value (g36) or the less reliable (wk).

I've made a few sales for TI today just by spreading the word.
    Lest We Forget

The fact that they added the SKS to the list basically confirms they will let us grandfather them. Or at least the probabilities will be high, especially after the recent handgun ban. Buy what you can folks.

Quote Originally Posted by super_sharp_shooter View Post
    I see prices going up or holding for T81. Sellers will be dumping higher value (g36) or the less reliable (wk).

I've made a few sales for TI today just by spreading the word.
    Same, I got two folks who were on the fence to get in on this before it’s too late.

Currently trying to offload my gen 2 WK to get a folder. I personally like the ergonomics of the Kodiak but the ammo is just so darn pricy these days.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TopShelf97 View Post
    The fact that they added the SKS to the list basically confirms they will let us grandfather them. Or at least the probabilities will be high, especially after the recent handgun ban. Buy what you can folks.
    How does this lean towards grandfathering when the OIC is an outright ban, and many of the new additions to the c21 retardation is just filling the gaps. Unless they walk the OIC back to something like the short gun rules (which would make sense except they have no idea where these pews currently reside. So it would be difficult to reg them to a specific PAL).

The 81 is a solid gun, aside from the limited and/or expensive optics options. And its a little spendy to just go zapping a mauser side mount into the side of it (although that didn't stop me). Wish i had got on the SR train (so pretty), but now I'm thinking my LMG needs a folding buddy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadringer View Post
    How does this lean towards grandfathering when the OIC is an outright ban, and many of the new additions to the c21 retardation is just filling the gaps. Unless they walk the OIC back to something like the short gun rules (which would make sense except they have no idea where these pews currently reside. So it would be difficult to reg them to a specific PAL).

The 81 is a solid gun, aside from the limited and/or expensive optics options. And its a little spendy to just go zapping a mauser side mount into the side of it (although that didn't stop me). Wish i had got on the SR train (so pretty), but now I'm thinking my LMG needs a folding buddy.
    You can just buy an adapter and make the LMG into a folder.