Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: How I wrote a letter to 338 Members of Parliment in a day for $33 and you can too!

Quote Originally Posted by wedge308 View Post
    Canada Post has returned my letter to my MP claiming it requires postage. Ugh, I'll send it again.Attachment 640038
    This happens occasionally, I got one of my 337 letters back. This is why I make sure MP or member of parliment is on there to reduce returns. You can write "government mail" (optional) on the postage location and put it in the mailbox again. I would rather get a few false rejects than buy 338 stamps.

Great work Wedge!

Have to admit, as much as I like to think money greasing the right palms (my money, in Poilievre's hand) will make a difference, it remains a fact, the pen in the hands of a writer authoring a letter to a receptive mind in Parliament is mightier than the sword that is puzzling Trudeau.

All those cuts. All that blood.
    Wad now going to the CPC rather than gun lobby groups. You can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by cooeyguy View Post
    This happens occasionally, I got one of my 337 letters back. This is why I make sure MP or member of parliment is on there to reduce returns. You can write "government mail" (optional) on the postage location and put it in the mailbox again. I would rather get a few false rejects than buy 338 stamps.

Great work Wedge!
    I had NDP MP on the envelope. Only 1 of 4 have been returned from his office so far. I also got a letter of acknowledge ment from the Manitoba Premier's office.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar

Christmas Recess On Bill C-21

Dec 14 2022
    Ottawa, Ontario

A cabinet bill to restrict hunting rifles faces months-long delays that will drag into next spring. Opposition MPs yesterday voted 6 to 5 to block attempts to rush the bill through the Commons public safety committee.

“We are out of time,” said Liberal MP Ron McKinnon (Coquitlam-Port Coquitlam, B.C.), chair of the committee. “This is the Wild West we’re in right now,” added McKinnon.

Conservative, Bloc Québécois and New Democrat MPs proposed eight public hearings on the bill. An opposition motion suggested the committee travel “across Canada as soon as possible to rural, northern and Indigenous communities to hear from impacted individuals.”

Chair McKinnon noted cross-country hearings would delay consideration of the bill until the start of the next fiscal year beginning April 1, 2023. “As a practical matter we probably can’t travel until at least April,” said McKinnon.

Bill C-21 An Act To Amend Certain Acts was introduced in the Commons last May 30. It proposed to ban new sales of licensed handguns in Canada.

Cabinet subsequently issued an August 19 executive order banning legal imports of handguns under the Export And Import Permits Act, the same law used to restrict imports of Wisconsin cheese. A second November 9 order under the Firearms Act banned domestic handgun sales.

Liberal MPs in the public safety committee subsequently introduced November 24 amendments to the unfinished Bill C-21 to ban use of “a firearm that is a rifle or shotgun that is capable of discharging centre fire ammunition in a semi-automatic manner.” Cabinet also attempted to attached to the bill a lengthy schedule of prohibited guns by make and model.

“I do think it’s offensive,” Conservative MP Raquel Dancho (Kildonan-St. Paul, Man.) yesterday told the committee. The proposed amendments were so broad they would ban lever action rifles, “obviously classic hunting rifles,” said Dancho.

“We’re talking classic wood stock hunting rifles that are being used that will be banned by this,” said Dancho. “That’s really the problem we’re coming down to. I don’t necessarily see a path forward.”

New Democrat MP Alistair MacGregor (Cowichan-Malahat, B.C.) said initial support for Bill C-21 had evaporated due to cabinet’s amendment to broaden its scope. “Some members of my caucus had not received one single piece of correspondence until this amendment dropped and now it’s making up half their correspondence,” said MacGregor.

“In politics as in life trust is easily broken but it’s extremely hard to repair,” said MacGregor. “The way this amendment landed has frankly been a complete and total abuse of process.”

Liberal MP Taleeb Noormohamed (Vancouver Granville) said the bill now appeared stalled for months. “Because we decided to go on trips we’re going to hold this legislation back until April at the earliest?” said Noormohamed.

“The idea we would now sit, effectively unable to move this legislation forward, at the very least until we return from whatever travel in April and then try to spend three weeks trying to do this, to me I just don’t understand,” said Noormohamed.

hxxps://www.blacklocks.ca/christmas-recess-on-bill-c-21/

Thanks for the article Rangebob, I got part of the original mail merge inspiration from you. Happy mailing & emailing.

Time to write some letters
    EE Ads: $100 insurance will be included on every packaged I ship. Additional insurance is optional for the buyer to purchase

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    All letters should insist upon a response and indicate a reasonable delay of i month from mailing
    I do not want the govt to keep me "safe".
    Nothing was ever achieved by being "safe". Nothing built, discovered, invented, or created by being "safe".
    When Trudeau says he wants to keep us safe, he's saying he wants to keep us down

Got my letters sent out. Thank you for building the great spreadsheet. If any are on the fence it the internal directions in Word make doing the mail merge part pretty easy.
    No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, but millions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by straightandnarrow View Post
    All letters should insist upon a response and indicate a reasonable delay of i month from mailing
    I phoned my MP 10 days ago and got zip in response. Same with a buddy in a different riding. Nothing in response a while ago from Doug Ford about standing up like AB and SK did! What do we pay these as*$&#es for!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoman View Post
    What do we pay these as*$&#es for!
    To defend the rights of individuals and minorities.

PALers are 7% of the adult population.