Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: How I wrote a letter to 338 Members of Parliment in a day for $33 and you can too!

CGN Regular
    I Love what you did. I should so something like that will the kids. They can bake I will send letters. When they bake they get #### everywhere. White flour. Sugar. All ingredients end up everywhere. See who gets what in there letter. They might get some time off from the office.

CCFR Tracy Wilson was talking about this on a channel recently. While I agree they may just get shredded or tossed, It would be overwhelming to see piles of letters coming in daily. Its so easy to dump piles of email, but letters will have to be touched and physically dealt with. Imagine if even 25% of license holders did this, it would be a giant pain in the butt for a few people anyway.

I prepared 8 letters but will definitely upgrade to a full list using your mailing list, thank you
    CCFR, CSSA, IPSC, Law Abiding Gun Owners - Buy patch here -> lago.ecwid.com

If you ask a question in your letter to an MP, I believe they are obligated to answer with a reply letter.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

I'm doing this!
    Thanks OP!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I dont think those letters matter unless you are a registered liberal party member or donor.

Essentially what you are saying is:

"Hey, I dont vote for you and I dont agree with what you are doing, so if you dont stop this thing then you wont lose my vote because I never voted for you in the first place"

The liberals know that their voter base supports these measures and they know those letters come from CPC voters.

Do the letters hurt? No, so have at it

On one hand you have people complaining that nobody is doing anything, then when someone has an idea they get bashed for the idea.
    I think anything and everything we can do is better than nothing. If even 1% of these letters make a difference, then the more of us that do it, then more it will help.
    Instead of saying "this is useless", offer up other ideas, or better ideas if you have them. I think we ALL need to do SOMETHING... because doing nothing has not helped us so far.

OP: You mention you are targeting the letters to each party. Do you have any suggestions on how you are doing the targeting? We obviously have to appease them and suggest that we are already supporters and are considering the "other guy" because of these laws... but what more can we say?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamRoby View Post
    On one hand you have people complaining that nobody is doing anything, then when someone has an idea they get bashed for the idea.
    I think anything and everything we can do is better than nothing. If even 1% of these letters make a difference, then the more of us that do it, then more it will help.
    Instead of saying "this is useless", offer up other ideas, or better ideas if you have them. I think we ALL need to do SOMETHING... because doing nothing has not helped us so far.

OP: You mention you are targeting the letters to each party. Do you have any suggestions on how you are doing the targeting? We obviously have to appease them and suggest that we are already supporters and are considering the "other guy" because of these laws... but what more can we say?

donate money to the CPC and do what you can to get CPC candidates elected. That is the only thing you can do.

If writing letters makes you feel better then by all means do it, just dont expect them to make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by Teac View Post
    donate money to the CPC and do what you can to get CPC candidates elected. That is the only thing you can do.

If writing letters makes you feel better then by all means do it, just dont expect them to make a difference
    Yup, already did that as well. Even convinced my wife to do so, which is hard to do for an anglophone living in Quebec.
    I doubt the letters will do much, but at least I can't ##### about it if I do nothing to at least try to help the cause.

Good job - thanks for doing that.
    "Canadians, in this fateful hour, I command you and I trust you to fight as you have ever fought with all your strength, with all your determination, with all your tranquil courage." Sir Arthur William Currie

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast