Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: How I wrote a letter to 338 Members of Parliment in a day for $33 and you can too!

Quote Originally Posted by AdamRoby View Post
    Yup, already did that as well. Even convinced my wife to do so, which is hard to do for an anglophone living in Quebec.
    I doubt the letters will do much, but at least I can't ##### about it if I do nothing to at least try to help the cause.
    Getting them elected is one thing, but there are no guarantees' that it will have any affect on Bill C21 or the gun ban, because it is a single MP in the House of Commons with no clear understanding of why you are supporting them. We need to actively shift the winds in our favour.

This is an instance where there is power in numbers. There are ~2 million registered gun owners in Canada. Assume we can get support from 50% of them to donate $25 to CPC or Pierre Poilievre, directly. Have a small group of representatives 5-10, who can eloquently share our ideals around gun ownership in Canada. At that point we are no longer individual conservatives; we become a special interest group who has some level of power and influence (Similar to a union, trade association, etc).

That small group will contact CPC / PP and state that we have $25 Million in donations as well as the support of over 2 million Canadians that we would like to give to the CPC and PP, if they are willing to discuss, and commit (Privately) to some changes to the highly restrictive gun laws imposed by our PM, once they are elected.

If they accept, we could be looking at significant positive change for the next government. Similarly, if they do not accept, we know the official stance of the CPC on gun ownership, and we clearly know that we have no political support from any of the main 3 party's.

Thoughts? Any volunteers? Lets get this going!

I applaud the OP for initiative and sharing with us how to do this... but maybe we need to do this in a manner that they can not simply shredd the doc..
    How about we target every one of the liberal and ndp pricks with freedom of information requests for :
    What meetings, briefing notes, telephone records, text messages and so on (I will need help identifying what we need to ask them) and it would have to be done in separate 6 month inquires (otherwise if its to large a time frame they can dragging back to say 3 mo before the OiC
    Make them disclose every single thing they did or knew... they will not all be protected by cabinet confidentiality. The press is not doing their job, so lets leek what we find....

Since they have to respond to freedom of info stuff in a timely manner, lets suck up those govt resources, and we dont have to limit the quiery to just MP, but we can hit departments, bearacrats, RCMP flunkies, police forces..
    Lets bury them for christmas...

Quote Originally Posted by sledge View Post
    Good effort, but If you mail them to a Liberal politician it will likely be tossed by their staff.
    MPs don't open their own mail - they have a flunky doing it.

However mailing them to a Conservative MP, and tying your support to their party with this issue, will help them stay on our side and repeal this when they get in power.
    A staff member could give them a few samples, say how many they got from us. It all helps.

The Liberals have made the calculus that they don't want us. Not our votes for sure, they don't even want us in this country if we are being honest.
    Conservatives are the only ones that have our ear. If we let them forget, then we are doomed.

As for the other party that claims to support us. They don't have a single seat, you are better off writing to Santa Claus and asking for your guns back if you send HIM a letter.

But I applaud your effort. If everyone sent a stack of letters to it would at least get some attention. 99% of us, very sadly, won't do anything but complain.

love it
    Check my post history to see my BRNO Mo. 3 Redux, and a 3D printed M1 Chassis for the Lil' Badger.
    https://julius-jahn.imgbb.com/

My Letter:

The government amendment to C-21 violates the following core principles to Canadians:
    1. Charter Section 1 “…demonstrably justified”
    2. Property Rights
    3. Multiculturalism
    4. UNDRIP & Duty to Consult First Nations
    1. Charter Section 1 “…demonstrably justified”
    The amendment to bill C-21 will ban all Ruger No. 1 single shot rifles in traditional Canadian deer hunting cartridges such as .30-30 Winchester and .303 British (reference C-21 G-46 z.1011, p. 303).

Figure 1: Ruger No.1 Single Shot Rifle
    There is no “public safety” justification as licensed firearms owners are known to be more than two times less likely to commit violence than the average Canadian (reference Statistics Canada).
    Further, it is a peer reviewed fact (Langmann 2020, attached) that none of Canada’s strict firearm laws have had any effect on public safety. This includes the 1995 ban on short barreled pistols which account for nearly all firearms related violence in Canada.
    The amendment is therefore not constitutionally valid.
    2. Property Rights
    The amendment proposes a ban on firearms without any compensation.
    Canada is a signatory to the 1948 UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights which states:
    Article 17
    Everyone has the right to own property alone as well as in association with others.
    No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his property.
    3. Multiculturalism
    At SECU Meeting no. 50, the Liberal MP Noormohamed stated the following in support of the amendment:
    “…you know the beauty of Canada is that Canada evolves. Canada is a dynamic country. Canada’s evolution as a country that makes it better and so when Miss Dancho talks about Canadian ‘Culture’ <emphasis Noormohamed> I think that it is very important to remember that Canadian culture evolves over time … And so I think it’s really important for us to understand the importance of evolving. And that we learn from the past to make a better future. And this legislation in my opinion and this amendment in my opinion does that…”
    The implication is clear. This amendment is informed by a perspective that some cultures in Canada are invalid and should be destroyed through legislative power – specifically the hunting and sport shooting culture enjoyed by millions of Canadians.
    They intend to impose a monoculture on Canadians determined by what the ruling class values as represented by the governing party.
    However, the Multiculturalism Act and the Charter make clear that Canada is a multi-cultural society. A simple majority of parliament is not sufficient to sweep away a Canadian subcultural identity.
    Hunters and sport shooters have as much right to their culture and heritage as any other Canadian.
    It needs to be recognized that in Canada we see classist bigotry and targeting of cultural outgroups as wrong.
    As MPs, you need to understand that “gun control” in Canada has a long history of shamefully targeting outgroups for demagoguery, scapegoating, and hatred. Here are but a few examples:
    • 1886 – First Nations & Metis banned from firearms ownership & kids stolen
    • 1920 - non-British banned from owning firearms
    • 1941 - Japanese-Canadians disarmed with use of IBM firearms registry & sent to camps
    • 1994 - AK-47 semi-automatic pattern banned (response to Oka Crisis)
    • 2022 - bans on hunting rifles used by Indigenous and Non-Indigenous hunters
    4. UNDRIP & Duty to Consult First Nations
    The amendment directly attacks the rights of Canada’s Indigenous Peoples.
    There is no Charter analysis for this extensive amendment and First Nations have not been consulted on this ban of many firearms commonly used for hunting.
    Many sections of the UNDRIP declaration are being violated including cultural and property protections in Section 11 & 31.
    Article 11 (2)
    States shall provide redress through effective mechanisms, which may include restitution, developed in conjunction with indigenous peoples, with respect to their cultural, intellectual, religious and spiritual property taken without their free, prior and informed consent or in violation of their laws, traditions and customs.
    A Call for Non-Partisan Decency
    I hope you now understand that this amendment to Bill C-21 is demagoguery targeting cultural outgroups.
    I call on you to take a stand for decency and reject C-21 and the bigotry it represents in Canada.
    Sincerely,

Quote Originally Posted by Dad003 View Post
    you do realize that they are most likely all going to the shredder without getting read ? at most you will get a canned answer . they dont care about any of us . they only care about the GREAT reset .
    True, but it is also rare to win a prize fight with one punch. That doesn't mean throwing jabs is pointless.

Thanks everyone. This is an effort to democratically voice community interests.

If people do not get upset, then the Liberals will push forward, and the Conservatives would have no reason to resist. Everyone should do something. If letter writing doesn't excite you, then look to the NFA, CSSA, CCFR for guidance about things you can do to support advocacy efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamRoby View Post
    OP: You mention you are targeting the letters to each party. Do you have any suggestions on how you are doing the targeting? We obviously have to appease them and suggest that we are already supporters and are considering the "other guy" because of these laws... but what more can we say?
    I think it is less complicated than this. Communicate your story and why the changes upset you. Request that the Bill is opposed/withdrawn. Voicing opposition always slows government down, we can only hope it does so until the next election.

Conservatives: Thank them for stepping up. Confirm your support for the Conservatives is largely based on their support of hunters and sport shooters.
    NDP: Communicate that Bill C-21 Changes unfairly target Indigenous Canadians and working class folks that sustenance hunt.
    Bloc: Use the Liberal/NDP Letter
    Liberals: Tell your story, communicate that Bill C-21 punishes law abiding firearm owners and is not grounded in fact.

At the end of the day, a single letter for all parties will do. I spent 6 hours (360 minutes) and was able to prepare 337 letters. There are going to be 337 staffers/MPs that hear that I am not happy with the Bill, that is my only objective and a very good use of my time. I don't think I have spoken to 337 people in the last 6 months.

I sent 337 letters, if 9 other people do the same there will be 3370 letters sent. If 99 people do the same there will be 33700 letters sent. It cost me $33.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dad003's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwilco View Post
    True, but it is also rare to win a prize fight with one punch. That doesn't mean throwing jabs is pointless.
    You can punch the air as much you want, you are just wasting energy. The left hate us they don't care about us. All the leftist party are for this bill. Him just being realistic here. This is not the way we get out of this.
    »The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.« Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Dad003 View Post
    You can punch the air as much you want, you are just wasting energy. The left hate us they don't care about us. All the leftist party are for this bill. Him just being realistic here. This is not the way we get out of this.
    So what's your idea?
    Check my post history to see my BRNO Mo. 3 Redux, and a 3D printed M1 Chassis for the Lil' Badger.
    https://julius-jahn.imgbb.com/

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Agree there's no point in wallowing in doom predictions. Write those letters, make those donations and change your future. Or guarantee that it won't change by sucking out. Do you sit on the bench, cry and tell everyone how they'll never win when your team is losing a hockey game? Get out there and get a few letters and donations on net. Some of them will score.

Agree with the donation campaigns. If everyone sent $21 to the CPC with a short note about not being criminalized for the crimes of others, then the clout that the prohibitionists truly fear would begin to show.
    My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "philthygeezer". Any use outside this forum / website, in whole or in part, requires my express written consent.
    Join CSSA and CCFR.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    While we should bombard them with paper these will be promptly processed through the shredder by the woke intern paid for by our tax dollars. Canada is an openly communist country now (just watch any court proceeding or parliamentary session on cspan they flaunt it openly) which doesn’t care about your opinion.
    They’re actually globalist fascists. They know that. They think it’s funny when people call them communists because they are anything but. Either way, tyranny for us and luxuries for them.