Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: How I wrote a letter to 338 Members of Parliment in a day for $33 and you can too!

Good on you!

Brilliant, I will see if I can match your efforts.

Although I do believe the liberals will just ignore the letters I will attempt to make my voice heard.

Also, given the crazy high shipping rates with Canada Post I get some joy knowing that they will have to handle 30+ letters with no postage on them. Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling for some reason.

Ok, I am off to staples to buy a box of envelopes and a new toner cartridge for my crappy printer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    thanks!!!

I worked on my letters today, customizing them for each party. I then translated them to French, and wrote a small app (I am a programmer) to automatically load the right letter and switch to French for Quebec. I think I can easily print up about 50 per time at work without raising too many eyebrows, so it might take me a couple of weeks to complete this. I forgot to buy envelopes though, so I will go back out after supper and get some. I need to check if the printer at work can do envelopes as well. I plan to send one to all 338 members, and I am asking them all to reply to me, by snail mail.

I wrote my NDP MP today. Sent via email with a printed copy hand delivered to her constituency office.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Great work.

I am taking a slightly different approach and writing to the upper house. I believe the house is a done deal, my thought is the Senate might decide against the bill s it was obvious they were going to do wrt the Emergency Act extension. The Senate does not often counter the government but they truly are more representative of Canada then the current make up of the house.

Excellent!!!! I just hope that my letters along with yours are not simply used as toilet paper!

CGN frequent flyer
    What’s the point, they will be tossed aside like my wife does with her credit card statement…

Now if every club/organization and its members have a mailer party, we might get somewhere. People are good a complaining, not so good at taking real action.
    Thanks for sharing.

Doing something is better than nothing. My MP is NDP and they replied to my letter with a generic letter saying they support the assault weapons ban and the handgun ban, but feel the hunting rifle ban is too far, and will look into it. (probably all lies but it does mean that they at least read my letter.)

I would recommend everyone here in addition to mailing all the MP's, also mail also the Senators, their MLA, and their local gun range / gun store. (I was in my LGS and there were some hunters buying ammo that were not aware of the ban, it was the same at my range there were some people not aware when I went there this weekend) It would help if every LGS had a poster about Bill C21 advising people to mail the MP's. If there are any site sponsor LGS, or Distributors here that want to remain in business, I would recommend putting in a business card or poster with info on how to fight bill C21 with every sale.