Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: How I wrote a letter to 338 Members of Parliment in a day for $33 and you can too!

Thank you!!

Thank you for doing that!

Is there anyway to do this via email? Funds are low.

I am looking at the list of senators now, I am not sure if they would all share a mailing address or not, but they do have a common address:

Name of senator
    the Senate of Canada
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Canada
    K1A 0A4

Maybe the senate would be a good place to also contact, since they are supposed to "act as the chamber of "sober second thought" (as it was called by John A. Macdonald)"

Thank you

Email addresses for all Senators, if anyone wants to go that route:
    https://sencanada.ca/en/senators/

CGN Regular
    I am interested in what printer you have lol. $75 laser priner sounds good, model number?

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkyle View Post
    I am interested in what printer you have lol. $75 laser priner sounds good, model number?
    I have an HP P1102w. I got it on sale about 10 years ago for less than $75. A cheap HP/Samsung Monochrome laser printer will do the trick. Make sure you look up the price of a re-manufactured toner cartridge before you buy.

It looks like there are no current good sales at Bestbuy/Staples (<$200). A used laser monochrome on ebay/fb marketplace might be an option in the $100 range. Alternatively, to save time, but at additional expense, you can mail merge into a PDF and contact your local print ship for a quote.

This is the only way we can legally put pressure on an MP outside of an election. I think if more people did this they would see what power people actually have! I'm going to try it!

I started today personalizing emails to the senate members. Only got through 16 of the 105 so far, but I think adding a personal touch lets them know that it is not just some automated bot and someone is actually taking their time to send them an email. So far, my favorite was to Hon. Patrick Brazeau, who was the one who fought Trudeau in the ring. I told him that we were all rooting for him when the match began! Nothing major, but in the link above that I sent, each of them have a biography so it is interesting to read what they are about and learn a bit about our system and members in the process.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbaitron View Post
    What’s the point, they will be tossed aside like my wife does with her credit card statement…
    Yes but unlike the emails we've been sending, someone has to actually pick these up, screen them and sort them, and then toss it. They have to sort through this stuff to get to the other letters about issues and people they actually care about. You know, "the people who matter".

Back in the C-68 gun registry days the Liberals got so many letters that they publicly complained and demanded that Canadians should not be able to send free letters to Parliament -- Not a good look!!

Now, what kind of stationary can we use that will dull or gum-up their shredders?