Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: How I wrote a letter to 338 Members of Parliment in a day for $33 and you can too!

Quote Originally Posted by cooeyguy View Post
    Does anyone have any letter stacks to show off?
    Wow, this is taking a lot longer than I predicted. Only have about 42 / 337 done (12.5%), and about 40 / 105 (38%) emails to the senators.

I'll get there... just might take a bit longer than expected. How long do we have to try to make a difference here anyway?

(Interesting side note, of the 40 emails to senators, I only received 2 auto-replies confirming receipt of my email. I found that a bit odd.)

Send paper and paper envelopes.

Mine are done and gone.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamRoby View Post
    Wow, this is taking a lot longer than I predicted. Only have about 42 / 337 done (12.5%), and about 40 / 105 (38%) emails to the senators.

I'll get there... just might take a bit longer than expected. How long do we have to try to make a difference here anyway?

(Interesting side note, of the 40 emails to senators, I only received 2 auto-replies confirming receipt of my email. I found that a bit odd.)
    How did you get your printer to take envelopes? I’ve only used mine for normal printing and don’t know if it’ll do fancy stuff like printing envelopes, lol
    The most asinine quote in Canadian history;
    A “fringe minority” in truckers convoy with “unacceptable views” “don’t represent Canadians”

I don't own a printer, so I am using the laser printer from work (hence why I can't do too many at a time). I put them in word, then rotate it 90º, and feed the envelopes narrow edge first.
    It took a few tries to get the margins right, but once setup it's just a matter of copying the text from the excel sheet to the word doc and formatting everything. I am also sending specific letters depending on the party, and in French when in Quebec. At the end it will be 337 paper mailed letters, and 105 emails to the senators. Email is a lot easier, but is more easily ignored.

Adam, if you Google how to "mail merge" you can automatically generate the envelopes & letters.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Emails are free…
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

Does anyone have any samples I could copy and paste, I'm not a good letter writer

Quote Originally Posted by Lushlobster View Post
    Does anyone have any samples I could copy and paste, I'm not a good letter writer
    Here:

https://gunlaw.ca/

https://firearmrights.ca/bury-their-desks-in-letters/

https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en/search?caucusId=all&province=ON&gender=all

I wrote 2 different letters and I am sending 3 copies of each to the Turd, Dog Meat, Public Saftey minister, my consertive premier and two provincial cabinet ministers. I'll space these out every two days or so. It's only 36 letters total but I guess it helps.20221203_214223.jpg

I just finished emailing the senators. It says there are 105 senators, but only 93 are listed with contact information. What am I missing here?
    Anyway, that's still 93 emails sent out this week... a bit long and tedious, but hopefully along with the 337 letters that will make some kind of impact.