Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ++UPDATE Jan.13/23++ Last Chance to Make your Bren 2 Ms NON-RESTRICTED

Quote Originally Posted by BigBeaverBoomStix View Post
    When you sell it, you get a reference number that only means you conducted a check on said PAL holder having a valid license. Which then gives you permission to proceed to sell them one, or more or no firearms. Yes just because you get the PAL checked doesn’t mean you are doing a sale. People are getting wayyy too confused. It’s not a secret registry when you buy a non restricted and do an online check. I’ve bought recently it’s fine. Ask your local gun store, they’ll confirm.
    Quote Originally Posted by richmyster View Post
    If you get a reference number to check someone's PAL and you say you don't have the gun when they come a knocking... they would then go down the list of reference numbers that you created and eventually figure out that someone isn't being honest... and then who knows what comes after that. Do they continue digging? I'm not sure.

The best defense may be that you didn't know you had to get a reference number to verify PAL's. I'm not sure what the repercussions would be but I'm willing to bet that there's a large number of gun owners who don't realize that you're supposed to get references for the PAL checks...
    Right. So that means the puck stopped with you as the original gun owner who obtained the gun at R and then converted it to NR.

The main question still remain: how is it converting R gun to NR now will get the the gun "off the book(s)"? I am genuinely interested as this is the only thing that weighing me down before I spend the extra money to get my second gun to be converted to NR.

In the past before we are required to get reference # to sell or buy NR, people can meet in person and view each other PAL and on we go. There was no "recording" PAL information. This way allows people to get or sell a NR gun without having to be "on the book" so to speak.
    One gun or more per citizen keep tyranny at bay

Quote Originally Posted by freekshow001 View Post
    Perhaps im not understanding how this gets a “$3,000 rifle off the books” because didn’t their back door long gun registration make it so gunsmiths have to keep detailed records for 20 years of work they have done and who for and on what firearm? So if a ban happens, they know dlask did conversions on brens so they just raid dlask and get everyone’s information? This post isn’t meant to deter sales from dlask, i am actually interested since i have a gunsmith license and don’t know the process
    Not correct per se. Once the rifle is N/R you are free to do many more things with it. Like shoot it in the bush. Or sell it to someone that only has a N/R PAL. Or go canoeing.

Curious, you say you have a gunsmith license, where did you get that ? I always laugh when I have to deactivate or fill out other CFP forms and it asks for the signature of a 'Licensed Gunsmith' and yet there is NO accreditation in Canada and the people responsible for guns in this country don't even know that, lol. Idiots, and that's being kind....
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer copeland's Avatar
    Hey Leigh, just curious if any of the following NR barrels are available...

B&T APC 223
    B&T APC300
    Bren2 5.56
    Bren 2 7.62x39

Thanks
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama, 2001.

“Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.” -Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by copeland View Post
    Hey Leigh, just curious if any of the following NR barrels are available...

B&T APC 223
    B&T APC300
    Bren2 5.56
    Bren 2 7.62x39

Thanks
    We have the 7.62 in stock right now, find them here ;

https://dlaskarms.com/product/cz-bre...ask-arms-corp/

For the 5.56 NATO versions we have about 4 coming from turning that are not currently spoken for. They are all the SHORT gas sytem, so the 8 and 11 inch guns. These are not on thee website so if you want one you will need to call the shop with your information and a CC to purchase it.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

No more long 556 barrel with the long gas system?

Quote Originally Posted by Drift117 View Post
    No more long 556 barrel with the long gas system?
    No, sorry, we didn't make any of the long gas system.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

Would you sell the barrel on its own?

Quote Originally Posted by EnergyFuels View Post
    Would you sell the barrel on its own?
    Yes, but the price doesn't change. We offer the installation and verification as a complimentary service since this gun is not.....user friendly.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

I called yesterday, about an email a couple weeks ago. I have an 11” and I would love to have Dlask do the conversion. Where should I watch for the post about the last barrel drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Not correct per se. Once the rifle is N/R you are free to do many more things with it. Like shoot it in the bush. Or sell it to someone that only has a N/R PAL. Or go canoeing.

Curious, you say you have a gunsmith license, where did you get that ? I always laugh when I have to deactivate or fill out other CFP forms and it asks for the signature of a 'Licensed Gunsmith' and yet there is NO accreditation in Canada and the people responsible for guns in this country don't even know that, lol. Idiots, and that's being kind....
    Source: Trust me bro LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast