New Product Alert: Ruger PC Carbine barrels

But if the receiver is now registered as restricted, it would not matter if you put on a 24" barrel, it's restricted and cannot go anywhere but a certified gun club.

Can someone please enlighten me.

Again, not being rude. I would like clarification.

Agree, I was wondering the same thing, once it becomes R then putting the longer barrel back on doesn’t do anything for you? It would be sweat if R versus NR would apply depending on which barrel is on it but I highly doubt it.

Could you do one in say .40 s+w

The concern there, isn't the barrel. We could do the barrel, and you could use glock 40 mags. BUT, the weight of the bolt and the springs behind it are balanced, and designed for 9mm. One of two things would happen, either it beats the #### out of the gun and the gun fails after a while. OR, the bolt is pushed back too quickly before pressure is moving down range and the rear of the case splits venting all that pressure out the side of your rifle.

With that in mind, we don't intend to offer barrels in anything other than 9mm. We had been discussing 357 Sig this morning.

if you get the threaded option is there a thread protector that comes with it that matches the barrel?
(colour and outside diameter?)

A thread protector is about $50, put it in the comments when ordering and we'll settle up before it ships. I'll see about building that as an addon product so people can choose it themselves. Good question.

And in the meantime you wouldn't be able to use it, because you need the registration certificate to transport it... right?...

It would seem there are forum rules that prevent us from going in to great detail on what one might or might not do, could or could not do, etc. But it is absolutely critical that one does NOT transport a restricted firearm without appropriate documents.

Now on a completely unrelated topic and in a test to see just how vague I can be.... There are a lot of us who will be getting socks for xmas.

Go to a place.
Take a white sock off.
Put a black sock on.
Walk around for a few minutes.
Decide black socks are fun, but that you don't want the aggravation of changing your entire wardrobe to match.
Take the black sock off.
Put a white sock back on.
Drive home.

And in the meantime you wouldn't be able to use it, because you need the registration certificate to transport it... right?...

Yes and no.

Every time you use it and decide you want to change your rifles status to restricted, but then you get home and decide, ummmmm, maybe I will just keep it non-restricted and not use the shorter barrel.

Then you can call your gun a she and she changes her mind constantly, like a woman can do.

Or, you can come up with a pronoun and call it they, them or otherwise!......:)

Use it at the range with the short barrel and change it back to long barrel for transport.

Let f@ck-ball trudy and pecker-head marco figure this one out.

If they complain, call them misogynistic, gun-homophobic liberals.

Laugh2:stirthepot2: :dancingbanana:

Back
Top Bottom