New Product Alert: Ruger PC Carbine barrels

Oh I'm sure I'll regret it, but I'll bite...

The current average wait is at 16 weeks, which is more loosely translated to 1/3rd of a year. We are trying to shorten lead times.
I know RDSC had ordered a small number of these, I assumed to retail or install on customized PC9's. That's about the only thing I can imagine is if you paid someone else to do the wait for you.

I’ll be happy for 16 weeks wait time. The last time I called the wait time for MWI hand guard was much longer than that. So if things are changed now I’ll order one with the hand guard and if that takes also 16 weeks or so that would be great. Thanks for the answer.

Last edited:
I’ll be happy for 16 weeks wait time. The last time I called the wait time for MWI hand guard was much longer than that. So if things are changed now I’ll order one with the hand guard and if that takes also 16 weeks or so that would be great. Thanks for the answer.

Agreed with the Midwest Industries hand guards... that debacle has left me nervous for the next batch. Alternatively, at least we have been able to find alternatives with our own in house handguard, the ProtoGEE carbon handguards, and sounds like some guys have had luck sourcing them directly from Magpul for the backpacker stock.

Oh….any reason you sold it?

He prefers dainty little swords. Seriously, it's in the name...
1.jpg

Kidding!

By the time I got it I had lost interest. Very very nice item though.

Agreed, it’s a very nice item. The only thing is with the price of the barrel and hand guard you can buy an other restricted rifle. But who wants two when you can redress your Ruger :)

Agreed with the Midwest Industries hand guards... that debacle has left me nervous for the next batch. Alternatively, at least we have been able to find alternatives with our own in house handguard, the ProtoGEE carbon handguards, and sounds like some guys have had luck sourcing them directly from Magpul for the backpacker stock.

I know, I know, a bit of a daft question given the current circumstances with orders but do you guys ever see yourselves doing a run of NR length barrels? Reason I ask is the factory contour is a bit of a porky unit that makes the works a little front heavy and a lighter barrel would a cool option to have. Especially paired with the Backpacker stock.

I know, I know, a bit of a daft question given the current circumstances with orders but do you guys ever see yourselves doing a run of NR length barrels? Reason I ask is the factory contour is a bit of a porky unit that makes the works a little front heavy and a lighter barrel would a cool option to have. Especially paired with the Backpacker stock.

A production run of long barrels, not likely. That being said we can certainly make whatever length and contour a person desires. Anything is possible if enough $$ is thrown at it.

By the time I got it I had lost interest. Very very nice item though.

My problem as well. I will buy one as soon as they are in stock, and have wanted one of these for months, so had I ordered back the , it would be ready by now, but I just can do a long order like this. All of the financial pain now, and the reward arrives when you don’t expect it, so none of the anticipation reward.

I don't see the issue with the wait if you are given an accurate time table.
i just ordered a barrel (different supplier) for my bolt gun and was told 10-12 week wait. It takes time to do this kind of work and there will always be a back log when the items are in high demand.

My local gunsmith is refusing work. Since late January I've been in cue until end of this month to have a barrel threaded and sights mounted.
It is what it is in this industry, even more so with known good smith's or suppliers.

Thanks for sharing photos, finished product looks fantastic! Gotta keep saving my pennies and stockpiling brownie points with the wife...
It's worth it. Ordered Jan 31, received June 25.

Amazing fit and finish. This is with the Midwest Industries hand guard and AT PC Mini-Radial Port Brake. Very happy with it, it was worth the wait.

yes, getting a lot of time on mine as well. barrel is flawless.

Back
Top Bottom