Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12222425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: New Product Alert: Ruger PC Carbine barrels

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GimpyGolden View Post
    How about those Midwest short hand guards, did they ever turn up?
    They did, filled all backorders and then sold about a dozen extra's, and now they're back out of stock again. Hopefully the next resupply doesn't take as long as the last one.

a quick heads-up re the midwest handguards - if you want to mount an mlok rail on the top you will have clearance issues with an un-fluted barrel (no idea if it works with a fluted barrel). requires a bit of massaging with a file, dremel, etc., to fit but nothing major.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Correct. You have 30 days to let the registry know that you converted a NR to R status firearm.
    Is it really that simple because the Ontario CFO states a converted NR to R status needs to be verified by a registered verifier.
    CCFR — CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    Is it really that simple because the Ontario CFO states a converted NR to R status needs to be verified by a registered verifier.
    I'm in Ontario, all I had to do when I needed to change the classification for a shotgun from restricted to non-restricted (due to overall length) was take a picture of the serial number and of the shotgun next to a tape measure and email it to the RCMP firearms lab and they changed the status for me. That was a couple years ago so things might of changed, but it was a super easy process.
    There's a difference between living and living free...

Quote Originally Posted by srnm View Post
    I'm in Ontario, all I had to do when I needed to change the classification for a shotgun from restricted to non-restricted (due to overall length) was take a picture of the serial number and of the shotgun next to a tape measure and email it to the RCMP firearms lab and they changed the status for me. That was a couple years ago so things might of changed, but it was a super easy process.
    I am attempting to go NR to R which I assumed would be easier. I will give it another go because I may feel that alternate CFO's on the phone have different knowledge base or all willing to assist.
    CCFR — CSSA

I was wondering if there is a variety of this barrel that I don’t need to wait half a year to get….

Quote Originally Posted by NshGuns View Post
    I was wondering if there is a variety of this barrel that I don’t need to wait half a year to get….
    I was wondering why a new guy would be copping an attitude on his second post and actually expect someone to answer.
    Victory Formation

"Somebody get a gun and shoot it! Doesn't anybody have a gun?" Jaws 1975
    A society grows great when men plant trees in whose shade they know they shall never sit.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Used market...not many out there but some have been re-sold here on the E.E.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grain View Post
    I was wondering why a new guy would be copping an attitude on his second post and actually expect someone to answer.
    Oh I'm sure I'll regret it, but I'll bite...

The current average wait is at 16 weeks, which is more loosely translated to 1/3rd of a year. We are trying to shorten lead times.
    I know RDSC had ordered a small number of these, I assumed to retail or install on customized PC9's. That's about the only thing I can imagine is if you paid someone else to do the wait for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grain View Post
    It seems you answered @grain so yeah that’s that. But joke aside I don’t see any attitude and it’s a real question, maybe you need to change your mind of how to read people’s comment.
    Last edited by NshGuns; 03-28-2024 at 11:33 PM.