Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2030323334353637383940

Thread: Rumors of a Spring Election

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenzoom View Post
    I've got to give it to you Scout, at least you're trying and thinking outside the box.
    I sincerely thank you.

It's disappointing that the idea of outreach was posed on this website and individually to two of the three orgs back in 2015 / 2016 almost a full year before it started up independently in the USA.

Since then they've grown and we haven't even started.

If we had seized the moment and took the last 6 years or so to polish out image enough that the public would look past the guns and see us for what we
    really are, we'd be in totally different place right now.

And Trudeau would be denied a critical election plank; maybe enough of a change for PP to get a majority?

Between the incompetent mess the Liberals are in, the opportunities to do public work that we had during the pandemic and the unprecedented support we're getting from the CPC and Provincial Premiers (nearly all of them conservative - how often does that happen), we had a perfect storm to stop C-21 and even roll back the clock to what was better times to be a gunnies.

It was the opportunity of a lifetime but we weren't ready thanks to a few loud mouths here that stifled debate and apathetic orgs that are blissfully comfortable in their silos.

Harsh but true.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

CGN frequent flyer
    Unfortunately we are more realistically comparable to New Zealand, Australia and the UK when it comes to firearms. Most Canadians feel that no one should own one - especially urban woke hipsters. The West’s the only hope for Canadians. Take note how quiet the Premier of Ontario is on the issue. I hope they vote that fat loser out of power he is a red Tory.

We need the urban centers. New Canadians and we need the east coast! We also need to ensure every conservative votes and gets others to vote as well!

We need our conservative politicians to stick to their roots, but not be dinosaurs either.. we need to be empathetic, smart and logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    Supposedly there are rumors of a spring election, says some media sources.... So in saying that this is the opportunity that we can actually capitalize on, this is what we have been waiting for! The Liberals have apparently warned their MPs to be election ready, so we as a community need to ensure that the conservatives are also ready.

Link to news source:

[ https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...oney-by-spring ]

What actions should we be taking to build the conservative vote, while also dividing the three opposing parties? You tell me CGN...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    The question is base don the fact that in the USA they have several baked in advantages over us in Canada and yet they have chosen to break new ground while we in Canada ignore their success and refuse to apply it to our fight.

That initiative is the alliance between AFSP and NSSF - please google the acronyms to find out what each is about and how unlikely it is that they would get together.

The link in my sig line is a lead to scores of pages that outline the journey from beginning to end of this marriage and how much it has grown.

I cited the SCOUS decision about roe vs wade to illustrate the leanings of that court towards upsetting sacred progressive cows. Sacred cows make good steak and the SCOUS currently has the backs of gun owners down there and overturning abortion law shows how much stroke they have..

Spend a day googling the alliance / the third way / new image - I've called it many things because it's all of those things and much more.

Get back to me if you are still stumped. I've been a gunnies for over 50+ years and had my fun but I'm working for my kids plus you and yours so I want people like you to understand what's at stake.
    I see. Thank you for the lengthy response to explain. Excellent points made. I appreciate you taking the time to enlighten me.
    And yes, i agree completely. Too many want to stay in silos. Missing out on huge opportunities. Like the Bell Canada #letstalk campaign using that Olympian as a promoter. Another missed opportunity.
    Collection of reliable data for Stats Canada to process and report on.

But then you also have now the Safety Minister speaking in contradiction to reports completed by his department....(the 2003 and 2018 reports)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahpoint View Post
    I see. Thank you for the lengthy response to explain. Excellent points made. I appreciate you taking the time to enlighten me.
    And yes, i agree completely. Too many want to stay in silos. Missing out on huge opportunities. Like the Bell Canada #letstalk campaign using that Olympian as a promoter. Another missed opportunity.
    Collection of reliable data for Stats Canada to process and report on.

But then you also have now the Safety Minister speaking in contradiction to reports completed by his department....(the 2003 and 2018 reports)
    "Missing out on huge opportunities" - you picked up on a critical point!!!

If we could have a change in strategy, you look outward from your silo and all you see are new horizons (opportunities). Carefully chosen opportunities that do the most good for others AND shine the most positive light on us suddenly appear.

The Bell initiative on mental health is definitely one of them and since we would be the new kids on the social scene there may be money to be had which NGOs cannot easily access. I communicated with a major suicide prevention NGO here in Canada just last week and they appear to have guarded interest in working with the gun community but don't have enough money.

For my own part I volunteer for Junior Achievement at local schools to deliver modules on the business world. To do so I go to the local RCMP detachment for a criminal record check, present my drivers' licence and RPAL for ID, get fingerprinted, get my clearance letter and off I go to teach for an organization that was nominated for the 2022 Nobel Peace Prize.

The RCMP staff are impressed that a gunnies takes the time, the teachers appreciate the effort and I can stand with a JA rep for a photo op. Plus teaching the little ones is great fun so it's all good.

Or a couple of summers ago I used our boat to haul around the camera crew for an annual event that introduces people with disabilities to fishing and boats - some of them have never done either. These people are with their parents and most of us who volunteered are hunters as well as fishermen so here we are mixing with the public, spreading the good word about "sportsmen", seeing the smiles on the people having the time of their lives and enjoying a day on the water.

During the pandemic we could have organized to deliver groceries and medicine to seniors, call shut-ins to check in on their well being or any number of unique volunteer opportunities to help people and get our name out there.

With housing being so topical now I'm wondering how to get us involved in Habitat for Humanity and maybe getting someone for HGTV involved as a frontman for us - like Bryan B? But what's the use when nobody in the gun community is interested? They'd rather post over and over how nasty the Liberals are .............

You mention "Collection of reliable data for Stats Canada to process and report on." We have Mauser, Lott and our own Rangebob who are encyclopedias of knowledge and information sufficient to expose Mendicino as a patent liar but our people do not yet have a public platform to do that. We need to get noticed, we need to establish credibility and we need to get the facts out at a teachable moment where people like these three would shine.

But again, there's no interest to prepare the public's mind by tuning in on their frequency.

Here's what we did 25 years ago, nothing different than today: Fed Up II rally https://www.producer.com/news/antigu...nt-hill-rally/

Here's an article about our opportunity for outreach: Loving communities https://www.producer.com/farmliving/...ws-irrelevant/

Thanks for your interest. The future of guns in Canada will be up to you. This generation lost too much because of fossilized thinking.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by ravenzoom View Post
    This is probably what's going to happen. Look at all the 'hunting' gun debate going on right now. Nothing about sport shooters. Sport shooters like me will be the next sacrificial lamb...
    True. Sport shooters seem to be barely mentioned.

Now in fairness, on social media, I have noted when CPC are on the defense / responding to a LPC statement or move, the CPC pushes the hunters and farmers angle. But I have seen them add on sports shooters when they're issuing a stand alone piece.
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

The alliance isn't a bad idea at all.
    But in today's cancel culture I don't see it taking off. We've had actual registered charities reject donations from gun associations because the left has branded us toxic.

Also, it's not sufficient to prove we're not psychopaths. That's thinking like a Con.
    To the Left, our personal qualities aren't in question. It's not about the shooters, it's about the guns. And we need to keep the guns that they insist "have no place in a civil society".
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    I'm smiling because in the three posts above and a few others previously something is happening .

You hijacked the thread?

You don't know how to use the speech bubble + symbol to reply to multiple posts?

Any "system" is subject to abuse.

Back to OP:

I think election talks are a distraction from their double-digit scandals going on right now

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Well if there ends up being a spring election, I certainly hope Poilievre puts in a much better effort than he did the Mississauga/Lakeshore by-election? Way to go starting off your leadership by losing a riding because you put no effort whatsoever into it.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Brother View Post
    So Liberals don't need NDP to prop them up.
    Bloc will do fine to take them over 170 majority to pass this garbage.
    Quebecers need to spam the *&% out of local newspapers in BLOC held ridings with letters to editor and Ads.

If you are writing to NDCCP ask them how they will like 4th place or worse after next election when the Lieberals get wiped out like Ontarios' Orville Reddenbacker did.

With all the lockdowns in Quebec during Covid you would think the bloc’s support would decrease. I wish they would have left in 1992…