Buying first gun questions

ImpenetrableTarget

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey just looking for some advice. I found a non-restricted firearm I want to purchase in a private sale.

I found it on a different website. It's from someone who lives in my area so I wouldn't have to get it shipped or anything.

My question is that the guy says he needs my email, drivers license and PAL which I get BUT he also said he needs the payment in full before he initiates transfer. I'm kind of confused how that works. Is this normal? I'm scared of getting ripped off. Is there something I'm missing? Is this how it usually works?

Depends a LOT on how much rep he has. For FTF you'd verify the item, check pal (or beforehand) then they give it to you. There's no "initiation" on an NR - all you do is verify that the PAL is valid.

FTF? So you're saying once he verifies my PAL I shouldn't have to wait for any sort of initiation of transfer I should just be able to give him the money and get it?

Hey just looking for some advice. I found a non-restricted firearm I want to purchase in a private sale.

I found it on a different website. It's from someone who lives in my area so I wouldn't have to get it shipped or anything.

My question is that the guy says he needs my email, drivers license and PAL which I get BUT he also said he needs the payment in full before he initiates transfer. I'm kind of confused how that works. Is this normal? I'm scared of getting ripped off. Is there something I'm missing? Is this how it usually works?

They are not initiating a transfer, your PAL is being confirmed.

You should be able to pay after he confirms your PAL. It's not a restricted transfer.

Okay but how would I go about that without just sending some unknown money? Do you just have to make sure they have good rep on the site like trebor2880 posted above?

They are not initiating a transfer, your PAL is being confirmed.

You should be able to pay after he confirms your PAL. It's not a restricted transfer.
Okay but he literally said he needs the money in full to start 'initiating the transfer.' So just to be clear once my PAL is verified that's it? Afterwards I can just meet the person, give them the money and get the gun? I looked on the rcmp website on transferring non-restricted firearms also and it said something about a reference number so that also has me a bit confused

Okay but he literally said he needs the money in full to start 'initiating the transfer.' So just to be clear once my PAL is verified that's it? Afterwards I can just meet the person and pick up the gun? I looked on the rcmp website on transferring non-restricted firearms also and it said something about a reference number so that also has me a bit confused

There is no information for the firearms being given. The reference number is confirmation your PAL is valid.

If you are meeting up should be able to exchange gun for money right there, after he has called. If deal falls apart he is out nothing except making a phone call.

Okay but he literally said he needs the money in full to start 'initiating the transfer.' So just to be clear once my PAL is verified that's it? Afterwards I can just meet the person, give them the money and get the gun? I looked on the rcmp website on transferring non-restricted firearms also and it said something about a reference number so that also has me a bit confused

False on the money, he just sounds lazy and doesn't want to go on the website until he's paid to.

Yes. He verifies, you pay, you get gun. The reference number is for HIM to prove that HE verified YOUR pal. Thats it. It doesn't concern you, and to be frank every face to face deal I've done since may has run off the old premise of "the card itself is valid, the photo matches, good to go". Don't tell the horseman.

False on the money, he just sounds lazy and doesn't want to go on the website until he's paid to.

Yes. He verifies, you pay, you get gun. The reference number is for HIM to prove that HE verified YOUR pal. Thats it. It doesn't concern you, and to be frank every face to face deal I've done since may has run off the old premise of "the card itself is valid, the photo matches, good to go". Don't tell the horseman.

Okay that definitely clarifies things thanks. So even if they verify your PAL on the website to sell a gun the overlords don't necessarily know that you've actually purchased it then is my understanding?

Okay that definitely clarifies things thanks. So even if they verify your PAL on the website to sell a gun the overlords don't necessarily know that you've actually purchased it then is my understanding?

true, it's different for retailers though.

You could be buying 1 round of 308 from him or 200 Cooey's. Who knows!

There is no information for the firearms being given. The reference number is confirmation your PAL is valid.

If you are meeting up should be able to exchange gun for money right there, after he has called. If deal falls apart he is out nothing except making a phone call.
So the only reason for that is because the person is supposed to do their due diligence it seems when selling and has nothing related to the firearm. Thanks, seems this guy was trying to rip me off or lazy like another guy said.

Back
Top Bottom