Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: F-d over by FOC incompetence

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Odd Shot's Avatar
    That's pretty ####y. The CFO can't be convinced it was a clerical error and correct the transfer with the correct handgun?

Otherwise, I'd be taking the refund. Make sure the CFO takes you off the registration for the .22. Sucks you didn't get the gun you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Klondiker View Post
    Really? They made a mistake during an unprecedented buying spree, apologized for it, and offered to refund you. Then they offered you 20% off anything as an additional apology if you kept it?

Those bastards, if only they admitted that they messed up, offered a refund, offered 20% off another purchase if you choose to keep it. (Hopefully you catch the sarcasm there)

Good grief
    Their lack in customer service is unforgivable, this has been happening since the buying frenzy. We should not let these guys get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    IMO you should be more pissed at the government that the store. Yeah they ####ed up. Mistakes happen. We're all human, we all make them from time to time. But before the handgun freeze they would have been able to fix this.
    I agree, I am pissed with the government move, but since this was the last time we as a community could purchase handguns, more care should have been made to make sure they don't F up, instead of just taking everyone's money and rushing orders and transfers.

Mistakes can happen , thou if they where on the ball it should not, But there is no excuse not to supply the customer with the transfer number.
    That is just I don't give a f#### , I have your money.
    Every transfer I have done , the buyer was phoned or email as soon as I got a reference number.
    With a reference number the buyer could have checked the statues of the transfer and thou checking the model number is not something a lot would think to ask about
    I don't think there is any hope now, unless they still had one in stock, unlikely,and than you and them would have to convince the CFO to redo a transfer.
    Maybe a hope in SK , but ont? fat chance.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pirate604's Avatar
    FOC sha t the bed big time and their solution is completely unreasonable. They have deprived the OP of his last chance to own this pistol. They should at the least offer to refund 50% of his purchase price. Not 20% of future order, WTF is that? "Hey, we screwed this guy, lets see if we can make so.e more $$$ off him"
    OP you should get the pistol in your hands and then file a claim with your CC.
    If Ye Hath Fought Like a Man, Ye Needen't Hang Like a dog.

I think OP has a right to be annoyed. Obviously mistakes happen and most fault lies with the government for putting everyone through all this, but when he reached out by phone to get the transfer number and was denied even that, I think that's a load of bull/not a valid excuse. Plus taking that long to initially get back to him, then ghosting after he got in contact, up until he makes this post... like c'mon. I know things were crazy but other retailers that move WAY more volume, had their storefronts closed maybe a few days all those months. Me and my friends had no trouble getting transfer #s from those other retailers by phone or email. Also based on dates/transfer #'s, FOC took weeks longer to initiate transfers than bigger retailers! Even though it was FOC that had their storefront closed for weeks just to "deal with online orders".

I called FOC twice during their storefront being closed to ask for my transfer numbers. First time I called, the guy was cool and it went so smooth. Gave me both numbers, no problem, took maybe two-three minutes. When I called the second time, buddy on the phone was NOT helpful. Was told "I have (7? I think he said lol) thousand of transfers in the back, I can't take the time to look yours up." I told him I called a week ago and the other guy gave it to me with no issues, to which he replies "We're short staffed today, email us and MAYBE someone can make some time and reply." Whether you have 1 thousand or 10 thousand transfers in the back, aren't you looking up the same info in a computer to find the number? It's not like you have to go through them physically.. How many excuses are you going to make, and telling me even if I email them, I still might not get a response with the #? Was then assured that if I had gotten the FOC order # shipping/pick-up email confirmation, it meant the transfer was put through. I called to confirm with the horsies, ya that wasn't true. I've spent thousands of dollars at your store in the last year, give me two minutes of your time instead of excuses? Isn't the main reason you're so busy is because the business is making a lot of revenue, so instead of valuing those same patrons, no give em lousy excuses.

It sucks because most (though not all) of my in-person experiences at FOC have been good, some of the guys there are really cool and super helpful. It's sad seeing what's happened to my once favourite local store in these past few months. I'm still conflicted about whether I'll shop there again, but if I do, it's going to be in person with the product in my hand (treating them like Hero Outdoors lmao) and cash which means it won't be large purchases. And I definitely won't be referring FOC to people anymore, they've totally lost that trust. Also it depends on whether they do actually send out an email explaining the CC catastrophe. I often think about all those customers who aren't on CGN, having no idea their cards/identities may have been compromised. Man up and do the right thing here. What's with not doing the right thing until a big enough stink is made online/on CGN for others to see?

A theory: The constant government gun grabs and scarcity mindset has led retailers to believe there will be guaranteed profit, regardless of how they treat their customer base.
    Last edited by Nucifera; 12-03-2022 at 04:18 AM. Reason: trying to make it shorter, my bad

CGN Regular
    So record sales and you can't say...sorry, here's your refund and keep the pistol?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 4star60 View Post
    So record sales and you can't say...sorry, here's your refund and keep the pistol?
    FOC
    like many retailers IMO Ie. Tenda

have totally alienated their customers during these 2 panic buys

how much have they donated of these record profits to the CCFR?

####ty deal. Out of all the stores I’ve dealt with during the panic buy, they’re the only ones who seem like you’re bothering them by being a customer.

You're lucky to even have any kind of gun! In the near future none of you will have any guns. Keep arguing and being nasty on here but don't cry to hard when you don't own anything and have zero freedom. What a waste of time. People trying to act like things are totally normal on here. Companies still trying to sell off their semi auto inventory???? WTF!!!! Reality is going to be a hard place for so many on here when it slaps them in the face. No wonder Canada is in such a disgraceful state.