Page 1 of 16 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: F-d over by FOC incompetence

Angry F-d over by FOC incompetence

I’m Outraged!
    Here’s my story;

Like many of you I decided to pull the pin and quickly purchase a new pistol that I was considering for some time once the ban was announced.

So on June 20th I purchased a 9mm Walther PDP w/ 4.5” barrel from Firearms Outlet Canada. I of course received the invoice by email and a notice that a shipping label was created, and nothing seemed amiss.

Some time later in mid summer after looking on the forums about transfer wait times it dawned on me that I was never given a transfer number which would help me estimate when I could expect the transfer to go through. I contacted FOC and they flat out refuse to send me the transfer number; at the time I just chalked it up to them be overwhelmed with orders. (I learned later in these forums that this is their common operating procdure)

So based on the Ontario spreadsheet and info gathered from the forums I estimated that I should be expecting my transfer to occur some time late November. I also discovered how to check the status through the back-door approach of starting an ATT application to see what Restricted firearms are registered to you.

So here is where I learn that I’ve been F’d.

I see that there is a Walther PPQ M2 in .22LR registered to me, I do not own such a pistol and I definitely did not order one. I triple checked my invoice and I immediately informed FOC of this, guessing that perhaps it was a Firearms Centre data entry error or FOC they transferred the wrong pistol to me, either way I needed answers.

It took FOC almost 2 weeks to confirm my fear; Yes, they F’d up! They admitted such, blaming the unprecedented orders on the error.

And the worst part, they stated “due to the ban, they are unable to correct the error and get the gun you ordered” they continue to only offer me a full refund or to keep the Walther PPQ in .22LR, and a 20% discount on any items as an apology!

I have since replied that these options are unacceptable, and I had several Q’s; What happened to the PDP that I ordered? Who’s .22LR PPQ was transferred to me?

it's been another week and they have had no responded with any follow up or satisfactory resolution to this problem, nor have they started the process to get a pistol that I never bought nor wanted off of my R/PAL.

So in short, FOC has F’d me out of the last pistol I was able to purchase because of their complete incompetence,

I wish I saw all the complaints about them in the forum, prior to ordering. So now I can only add this incident as further evidence of poor service; Avoid them like the plague!

Here we go!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    That sucks, I think your options are limited. I missed out on Marstar's shipment thanks to the sneaky pre-ban import restriction.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

That really sucks.
    Keep the .22lr
    It's a great pistol
    But a "silver medal" for sure...
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Just curious, how did you pay for it? Credit card?

Not to pile on FOC but after a purchase I was charged 7k for foreign tuition.

If they’ve fixed the leak or not, I don’t know.

What I do know is that I wont purchase from FOC again.

Seems FOC doesn’t care

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    Impossible to correct.

GunNutz
    Take the silver medal and 20% discount (or a full refund). Nothing else can be done about it.

Alberta for now, back to the Yukon someday
    Quote Originally Posted by radeon0927 View Post
    Seems FOC doesn’t care
    Really? They made a mistake during an unprecedented buying spree, apologized for it, and offered to refund you. Then they offered you 20% off anything as an additional apology if you kept it?

Those bastards, if only they admitted that they messed up, offered a refund, offered 20% off another purchase if you choose to keep it. (Hopefully you catch the sarcasm there)

Good grief

Page 1 of 16 12345678911 ... LastLast