F-d over by FOC incompetence

katabatic

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m Outraged! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Here’s my story;

Like many of you I decided to pull the pin and quickly purchase a new pistol that I was considering for some time once the ban was announced.

So on June 20th I purchased a 9mm Walther PDP w/ 4.5” barrel from Firearms Outlet Canada. I of course received the invoice by email and a notice that a shipping label was created, and nothing seemed amiss.

Some time later in mid summer after looking on the forums about transfer wait times it dawned on me that I was never given a transfer number which would help me estimate when I could expect the transfer to go through. I contacted FOC and they flat out refuse to send me the transfer number; at the time I just chalked it up to them be overwhelmed with orders. (I learned later in these forums that this is their common operating procdure)

So based on the Ontario spreadsheet and info gathered from the forums I estimated that I should be expecting my transfer to occur some time late November. I also discovered how to check the status through the back-door approach of starting an ATT application to see what Restricted firearms are registered to you.

So here is where I learn that I’ve been F’d.

I see that there is a Walther PPQ M2 in .22LR registered to me, I do not own such a pistol and I definitely did not order one. I triple checked my invoice and I immediately informed FOC of this, guessing that perhaps it was a Firearms Centre data entry error or FOC they transferred the wrong pistol to me, either way I needed answers.

It took FOC almost 2 weeks to confirm my fear; Yes, they F’d up! They admitted such, blaming the unprecedented orders on the error.

And the worst part, they stated “due to the ban, they are unable to correct the error and get the gun you ordered” they continue to only offer me a full refund or to keep the Walther PPQ in .22LR, and a 20% discount on any items as an apology!

I have since replied that these options are unacceptable, and I had several Q’s; What happened to the PDP that I ordered? Who’s .22LR PPQ was transferred to me?

it's been another week and they have had no responded with any follow up or satisfactory resolution to this problem, nor have they started the process to get a pistol that I never bought nor wanted off of my R/PAL.

So in short, FOC has F’d me out of the last pistol I was able to purchase because of their complete incompetence,

I wish I saw all the complaints about them in the forum, prior to ordering. So now I can only add this incident as further evidence of poor service; Avoid them like the plague!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

That sucks, I think your options are limited. I missed out on Marstar's shipment thanks to the sneaky pre-ban import restriction.

Not to pile on FOC but after a purchase I was charged 7k for foreign tuition.

If they’ve fixed the leak or not, I don’t know.

What I do know is that I wont purchase from FOC again.

Seems FOC doesn’t care

Really? They made a mistake during an unprecedented buying spree, apologized for it, and offered to refund you. Then they offered you 20% off anything as an additional apology if you kept it?

Those bastards, if only they admitted that they messed up, offered a refund, offered 20% off another purchase if you choose to keep it. (Hopefully you catch the sarcasm there)

Good grief

Really? They made a mistake during an unprecedented buying spree, apologized for it, and offered to refund you. Then they offered you 20% off anything as an additional apology if you kept it?

Those bastards, if only they admitted that they messed up, offered a refund, offered 20% off another purchase if you choose to keep it. (Hopefully you catch the sarcasm there)

Good grief

Yep, read some Tenda threads. 22lr is cool, get some CCI Stinger and enjoy.

Order some stuff with the 20 % discount, maybe we can make a group buy? :evil:

Good grief

Lol, I’m not support them. They should come out and face the customers. Luckily, I didn’t choose them.

Good grief

Just a rant. But isn't that what CGN is for, venting. They don't deter it, anyways.:rolleyes:

Not to pile on FOC but after a purchase I was charged 7k for foreign tuition.

If they’ve fixed the leak or not, I don’t know.

What I do know is that I wont purchase from FOC again.

That stinks, but likely not due to anything FOC did.
Years ago I saw $1,000s on my CC from an online calculator store...and a donation to a college that didn't exist. My CC deets were stolen when I went to a local pub for dinner.
My neighbour worked for RBC. He told me this is almost certainly organized crime out of eastern Europe. They send guys in uniforms with CC terminals, etc. They walk into the pub and say, "I'm here from RBC to service your terminal". They install their device and steal dozens or hundreds of cards. In the next day or two they probably had an RBC security person and a police officer attend at the pub. The business has no idea what has gone down until then.
He told me that RBC loses almost $500,000,000 to CC fraud every year in Canada alone!

Good grief

All the complaints about FOC, I don't honestly care.
Except for the fact that they had a massive databreach exposing thousands of people's credit card info.
They took their time fixing it, and then did not publicly disclose such.
Now, that's very good reason to never order from them.

Years ago I saw $1,000s on my CC from an online calculator store...and a donation to a college that didn't exist. My CC deets were stolen when I went to a local pub for dinner.
My neighbour worked for RBC. He told me this is almost certainly organized crime out of eastern Europe. They send guys in uniforms with CC terminals, etc. They walk into the pub and say, "I'm here from RBC to service your terminal". They install their device and steal dozens or hundreds of cards. In the next day or two they probably had an RBC security person and a police officer attend at the pub. The business has no idea what has gone down until then.
He told me that RBC loses almost $500,000,000 to CC fraud every year in Canada alone!

Uh, you need to read the other thread where everyone’s credit card info was compromised. Sure, #### happens, hackers figure things out. But when you are made aware of it and do nothing about it so you can cash in on the panic buying, and then not only let it keep happening but don’t inform your customers until you get called out on it and go radio silent ever since, they are 100% responsible for what happened.

Good grief? I can be pissed? They had one job, submit the transfer, double check the numbers, doset matter if it's busy, I gave them my business to get that simple task right. To each their own, you may be happy with a consolidation. 22 pistol I'm not, don't want it. You may be happy with 20% discount I'm not, ill admit they tried to make good on an error, but it's an error that should never have happened.

Have you not read the other thread on here with hundreds of people being screwed over by them? They knew their site was compromised and didn’t tell anyone until they couldn’t deny it anymore. I’d be surprised if they survive with the amount of people saying they will never purchase from them again.

Back
Top Bottom