Thread: Handgun spare parts question

Handgun spare parts question

Hi guys,

I was able to get my license and a Glock 17 and a CZ P10f right before the ban (still waiting on the transfers). Is there going to be a potential parts ban in the future? Should I buy some spare parts for these guns in case something wear out in the future? I know the Glock should be able to do +100k rounds, which is more than I will likely fire in my lifetime, but is that just the barrel and frame?

Any recommendation and links will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

You'll be outta luck if you need any serialized part, but other than that the rest is just parts
    National Firearms Association Member NFA, Canadian Coalition For Firearms Rights Member CCFR, Canadian Shooting Sports Association Member CSSA,
    Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation Member SWF, Conservative Party of Canada Member CPC

Quote Originally Posted by Ridersfan View Post
    You'll be outta luck if you need any serialized part, but other than that the rest is just parts
    What parts are serialized? So in the future if I need to replace something small like a spring or something that shouldn't be a problem right?

Thanks!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mentality View Post
    What parts are serialized? So in the future if I need to replace something small like a spring or something that shouldn't be a problem right?

Thanks!
    Nothing in the future is certain for buying parts and pieces. For example - any AR parts that you buy to ship to Canada (none regulated) CBSA thinks every piece is prohibited, and therefore they seize it.
    Currently only the frame of a handgun is serialized and controlled in Canada.
    If you can source, in Canada, any spare parts for your pistols (LPK, slide pieces etc) I say, buy them now ! While you still can!