Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ANOTHER New Product Alert: Savage Mark II Enhanced Magazine Release

Gotta remember that he's doing what he can to keep the lights on; no different than the rest of us.
    Slava Ukraini!

Quote Originally Posted by seamusm View Post
    I have to agree with IvoB. It is priced too high. Full bottom metal for center fine R700 or Savage is $195. This is just a sliding cover plate.

$125 is about 25% of the cost of a full MDT XRS chassis during black friday. Would you buy this for a mediocre stock or put the money into something leaps and bounds better.

Maybe at $50-$75 it would be worth it but this puts you well on your way to something better. Not to mention there is limited resale value.
    Yes but new products item are often higher as they are new. They been making bottom plates for rem 700 for decades. You worried about prices, buy an anschutz. Some trigger guards are 90$ before taxes.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahnj0584 View Post
    Im am machinist and can guess what the actual cycle time is on these things. Best of luck with sales at that price point.
    Then why don't you make them. Just because you are a machinest, doesnt mean you are a great one. How much is your hourly rate? You def wouldnt be making these for 75$.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    I think we all agree it's an amazing idea, and it's too expensive!.....

Make it $75.00 and Shaun will sell hundreds.

Shaun?
    At $75.00 Rick and ATRS may as well close the doors and find other ways to make a living.
    $75.00 equates to .5 hour machine shop time, no material, no allowance for fixtures, no R&D costs. I seriously doubt they are making much profit on these.
    I am sure Rick wonders why bother to bring new innovations to market with most gun nuts being the cheapest bunch on the planet.
    There is a reason these Savage rifles are CHEAP to buy, if they had decent bottom metals to begin with they would be a fair bit more expensive.

If you don't like what is being offered or can't afford it , why crap on the guys who are trying to help provide high quality parts and alternatives for the gun culture?

Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    At $75.00 Rick and ATRS may as well close the doors and find other ways to make a living.
    $75.00 equates to .5 hour machine shop time, no material, no allowance for fixtures, no R&D costs. I seriously doubt they are making much profit on these.
    I am sure Rick wonders why bother to bring new innovations to market with most gun nuts being the cheapest bunch on the planet.
    There is a reason these Savage rifles are CHEAP to buy, if they had decent bottom metals to begin with they would be a fair bit more expensive.

If you don't like what is being offered or can't afford it , why crap on the guys who are trying to help provide high quality parts and alternatives for the gun culture?

First of all, we all seem to love Rick's new mag release and bottom plate design. ( no-one said they don't like it!)

Second, most agree Rick can charge whatever he wants. In saying that, back to, sell a lot or a little. It's very simple.

Third, ATRS makes gorgeous items period. But it isn't made of gold!......

Last, no one is crapping on anyone here.

Rick's stuff rocks, no doubt. If some pay $125.00 for this great item, excellent, others will not.

I would buy four sets if they were priced more reasonable.

This is my opinion only, thank goodness we can still have one.

Keep trudy in power and that will change.......
    Last edited by alberta tactical rifle; 12-13-2022 at 01:37 PM.
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    If I had a rifle for this I would buy one just to help keep ATRS going until they can start selling Modern Sporter receiver sets again.

Whether you like the price point or not ATRS is a company well worth supporting. Just my 2 cents on it.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

Order in! A while back I saw a 3D printed mag release for the MKII. Wasn't as nearly as pronounced up front and my worry was how it would hold up. This fits the bill.

For the back and forth on the price- I'm sure no one at ATRS is getting rich off a $125 part. I don't mind paying a fair price for a quality product. Hopefully some more new products in the new year.

Thanks Rick and Shaun!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tjoke View Post
    Order in! A while back I saw a 3D printed mag release for the MKII. Wasn't as nearly as pronounced up front and my worry was how it would hold up. This fits the bill.

For the back and forth on the price- I'm sure no one at ATRS is getting rich off a $125 part. I don't mind paying a fair price for a quality product. Hopefully some more new products in the new year.

Thanks Rick and Shaun!
    Agreed.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

I would love to hear Rick or Shaun's thoughts on how they came up with the $125.00 price tag on this cool floorplate and magazine release design.
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    I would love to hear Rick or Shaun's thoughts on how they came up with the $125.00 price tag on this cool floorplate and magazine release design.
    If I had to guess, it’s the same way they (and most producers) price almost everything else. Time+material x standard markup. I’d be shocked if they came out and showed everyone how they price things. Bad idea IMO. nasty can of worms there. And honestly, no one’s business’s but their own.

And I agree too, the price tag is a little higher than what I’d like. Especially for a stocking stuffer haha.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast